By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future Xbox One buyers might owe a thanks to Sony for Elder Scrolls Online

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

This isn't personal. Far from it.

It went personal when you found yourself in the need of saying that I don't give credit to Sony for anything. You said it just because, as it wasn't really needed for your explanation.

It's not personal, I'm proving a point.

Topic name:"Future Xbox One buyers might owe a thanks to Sony for Elder Scrolls Online"

Your response: "Future PS4 owners owe a thanks to Microsoft for PSN+, and I don't see them doing it!"

It is finished..

::Walks out::

Around the Network

PS4 owners will also beta test the game first so the Xbone version will be better thanks to PS4 gamers.

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

S.T.A.G.E. said:

It is finished..

It is not, and I'll tell you why. You highlight the point I made. Now let me ask you, what does PSN > Silver has to do with it? Because you changed the path of the conversation toward that end. But wait, it doesn't finish here.

You stress the line of saying that for you PSN+ was worth it before multiplayer.  Therefore, just because it worked for you, it has to be a fact, not an opinion, that PSN+ exists just because Sony wanted to add value to its PSN, instead of cashing it just like Xbox Live Gold did it. You might try to deny this, but hey, wait for it, because then I pointed out that I enjoyed being Silver, as opposed to your view that Silver ain't nothing, it's everything pure Gold. Your answer? You "were Silver too and you didn't know what was that". Look, no, a discussion doesn't work this way. If you're up to admitting things, then you can't deny others just because it fits your view and your points. You're obsessed in proving that PSN+ is just an optional step for Playstation players, and that's just half true. It is true for Playstation 3 players, it is not for Playstation 4 players, and you don't want to admit this. Ps4 players are forced to pay to play online, as opposed to those with Ps3. And that, my friend, is something you don't want to admit. You're not forced to become PSN+, but then you don't play online, just like it works with the 360 (as opposed to Ps3) and just like it works with Xbox One. Don't hide behind the "Silver ain't nothing!" thing, because PSN ain't nothing either. But wait, wait a second. Wait! Don't come up with the "But f2p are f2p! I can watch Netflix without paying!", because what really matters is that online gaming is behind a paywall. A thing that should be free ain't it now. You just can't spin that. Go ahead and say that PSN > Silver, because that doesn't help in anything now.

But you know what's even more funny? That I had to explain all that and it doesn't have anything to do with my original point. I had to clear that up because you changed the subject. Now then, my only point is that Xbox Live Gold cashed money and had over fourty million of subscribers. What did Sony do? They made an optional system on which you pay and you have benefits. Do you honestly think they would have done this if Microsoft wasn't around? That they would be so dumb to put paywall, when his competitor, Nintendo, offers free online gameplay?  No, I'm afraid not. The advantages you have of PSN+ are thanks to a competitive system, plus there's your Microsoft in my point.

And you know what's even more funny? You just ignore the fact that you said I don't give credit to Sony. That was personal, and that proved you don't know me. But most important, it showed that you didn't really have anything more to say, but added it anyway.

Now I won't post a crappy-quality gif implying I am the one correct in this and you don't, because that's not how discussion works. You have to understand that.

How is Games with Gold even comparable to PS+?

With PS+ you're just getting rentals.
With GwG you're getting real actual free games.

Seems MS took a lesson from Steam, not from Sony. And even in that case, Steam does it for free.

What the fuck? How is this a PS Plus Vs. Xbox Gold thread now? Holy shit you people never cease to amaze me.

Around the Network
think-man said:
kowenicki said:
Not really. I'll thank Bethesda.

That sig.... Lol. Dear oh dear.

Don't be like that, give thanks where thanks is due. xD

Lets thank Sony for helping Bethesda make a terrible deicision.

MB1025 said:
think-man said:
kowenicki said:

How is putting Elder Scrolls MMO on a console a terrible decision...?

riderz13371 said:
MB1025 said:
think-man said:
kowenicki said:

You think enough people are going to fork over 60 bucks, then pay 15 dollars a month, and on top of their 50 to 60 dollars for online to warrant this type of move? BTW this is a game that was already getting mixed feelings from a lot of people.

We are also talking about a Bethesda MMO on a console. These guys release broken games and fix them as they go.

MB1025 said:
riderz13371 said:
MB1025 said:
think-man said:
kowenicki said:

You think enough people are going to fork over 60 bucks, then pay 15 dollars a month, and on top of their 50 to 60 dollars for online to warrant this type of move? BTW this is a game that was already getting mixed feelings from a lot of people.

We are also talking about a Bethesda MMO on a console. These guys release broken games and fix them as they go.

Well Bethesda is trying to get Sony/Microsoft to drop the PS Plus/Xbox Gold subscription requirement to play online so you can't blame them for that. Also I don't see why it's a bad thing seeing as you don't have to play it. It's just more games available for people who want to try it out. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
J_Allard said:
How is Games with Gold even comparable to PS+?

With PS+ you're just getting rentals.
With GwG you're getting real actual free games.

Seems MS took a lesson from Steam, not from Sony. And even in that case, Steam does it for free.

10 times a rental of a game that released in 5 or 7 months sometimes less, than a "free" game from 4 or 5 years ago that costs 5 dolars in shop ( that if you finnd that game in that shop , cause its to old for people to care)

Your reply is worded terribly but it reads like excuses for rental vs ownership. Thanks for trying though.