By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future Xbox One buyers might owe a thanks to Sony for Elder Scrolls Online

J_Allard said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
J_Allard said:
How is Games with Gold even comparable to PS+?

With PS+ you're just getting rentals.
With GwG you're getting real actual free games.

Seems MS took a lesson from Steam, not from Sony. And even in that case, Steam does it for free.

10 times a rental of a game that released in 5 or 7 months sometimes less, than a "free" game from 4 or 5 years ago that costs 5 dolars in shop ( that if you finnd that game in that shop , cause its to old for people to care)

Your reply is worded terribly but it reads like excuses for rental vs ownership. Thanks for trying though.

I'd rather get rentals of recent games than get to own games released 5 years ago. Besides, once I finish a game I rarely ever go back to playing it so "renting" it is perfectly fine. 

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
MB1025 said:
think-man said:
kowenicki said:
Not really. I'll thank Bethesda.

That sig.... Lol. Dear oh dear.

Don't be like that, give thanks where thanks is due. xD

Lets thank Sony for helping Bethesda make a terrible deicision.

How is putting Elder Scrolls MMO on a console a terrible decision...?

MB1025 thinks putting games on consoles are a bad decision.

think-man said:
riderz13371 said:
MB1025 said:
think-man said:
kowenicki said:

Yeah this is what seemed odd to me...I mean sure you might not like the game and the reviews might be mixed but why wouldn't you want more variety of games on your console?

riderz13371 said:

I'd rather get rentals of recent games than get to own games released 5 years ago. Besides, once I finish a game I rarely ever go back to playing it so "renting" it is perfectly fine. 

That's great. Personally if I want to rent or own a game I'd rather go into a rental/retail store and rent/buy whatever I want as opposed to paying for a service that picks for me but that's just me. And neither my opinion nor your opinion changes the facts of rental versus real ownership.

J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

That's great. Personally if I want to rent or own a game I'd rather go into a rental/retail store and rent/buy whatever I want as opposed to paying for a service that picks for me but that's just me. And neither my opinion nor your opinion changes the facts of rental versus real ownership.

Yes but with PS Plus you get a large variety of rentals on a large variety of consoles. 5$ a month for PSP, PS Vita and PS3 games (soon to include PS4 also). Plus it just so happens that PS Plus actually offers very good games (They have a metacritic standard of 70+ I believe). I would hardly call either service giving you "real" ownership of games, seeing as it's all digital. But yes, I guess if you don't care for the types of games you get, as long as you get to keep them, then Xbox gold is for you. Do you know for how long they will be doing this? I thought I remember hearing them say up until the release of Xbox One or something.

Around the Network
think-man said:
riderz13371 said:
MB1025 said:
think-man said:
kowenicki said:

They could put whatever they want on consoles. That doesn't mean it is a good BUSINESS choice. I don't think it will do good at all.

MB1025 said:
think-man said:

They could put whatever they want on consoles. That doesn't mean it is a good BUSINESS choice. I don't think it will do good at all.

You might not think its a good idea but im sure they've put alot more thought into it than you. As long as there is cross platform play like  FF14 has with Ps3 & PC I see only good things coming from it. Opens your market up and both the console and PC's playerbase complement each other. If console and PC dont play together than I can see an issue but I cant see that happening.

riderz13371 said:

Yes but with PS Plus you get a large variety of rentals on a large variety of consoles. 5$ a month for PSP, PS Vita and PS3 games (soon to include PS4 also). Plus it just so happens that PS Plus actually offers very good games (They have a metacritic standard of 70+ I believe). I would hardly call either service giving you "real" ownership of games, seeing as it's all digital. But yes, I guess if you don't care for the types of games you get, as long as you get to keep them, then Xbox gold is for you. Do you know for how long they will be doing this? I thought I remember hearing them say up until the release of Xbox One or something.

What I said about having choice applies to both. But the only part of that post that matters is rental. People should stop comparing rentals to real free games you own. And there is no 70+ Metacritic requirement.

J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

What I said about having choice applies to both. But the only part of that post that matters is rental. People should stop comparing rentals to real free games you own. And there is no 70+ Metacritic requirement.

I thought there was something like that. I think it may be only for the really big game of the month cause if you look at the last couple of months we've been getting games with high ratings (Hitman Absolution, Saints Row 3, BF3 etc).

think-man said:
MB1025 said:
think-man said:

You might not think its a good idea but im sure they've put alot more thought into it than you. As long as there is cross platform play like  FF14 has with Ps3 & PC I see only good things coming from it. Opens your market up and both the console and PC's playerbase complement each other. If console and PC dont play together than I can see an issue but I cant see that happening.

There is no cross platform play.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/the-elder-scrolls-online-will-not-have-cross-platform-play/

Just because they know more than me doesn't mean everything they decide to do is a good idea. They obviously didn't think it was a good idea to start off with because it wasn't coming to consoles until Sony stepped in.