By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future Xbox One buyers might owe a thanks to Sony for Elder Scrolls Online

MB1025 said:
think-man said:
MB1025 sai

You might not think its a good idea but im sure they've put alot more thought into it than you. As long as there is cross platform play like  FF14 has with Ps3 & PC I see only good things coming from it. Opens your market up and both the console and PC's playerbase complement each other. If console and PC dont play together than I can see an issue but I cant see that happening.

There is no cross platform play.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/the-elder-scrolls-online-will-not-have-cross-platform-play/

Just because they know more than me doesn't mean everything they decide to do is a good idea. They obviously didn't think it was a good idea to start off with because it wasn't coming to consoles until Sony stepped in.

If there is no crossplay it'll probably flop unless it goes F2P. Skyrim was so popular though its hard to tell.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

Yes but with PS Plus you get a large variety of rentals on a large variety of consoles. 5$ a month for PSP, PS Vita and PS3 games (soon to include PS4 also). Plus it just so happens that PS Plus actually offers very good games (They have a metacritic standard of 70+ I believe). I would hardly call either service giving you "real" ownership of games, seeing as it's all digital. But yes, I guess if you don't care for the types of games you get, as long as you get to keep them, then Xbox gold is for you. Do you know for how long they will be doing this? I thought I remember hearing them say up until the release of Xbox One or something.

What I said about having choice applies to both. But the only part of that post that matters is rental. People should stop comparing rentals to real free games you own. And there is no 70+ Metacritic requirement.

I thought there was something like that. I think it may be only for the really big game of the month cause if you look at the last couple of months we've been getting games with high ratings (Hitman Absolution, Saints Row 3, BF3 etc).

Idk about all that but there are games on there with metascores below 70.

J_Allard said:
How is Games with Gold even comparable to PS+?

With PS+ you're just getting rentals.
With GwG you're getting real actual free games.

Seems MS took a lesson from Steam, not from Sony. And even in that case, Steam does it for free.

do any of the games with gold have multplayer? will the multiplayer suddenly be free if you stop paying for gold  like a real actual free game or are you only getting single player for "free"

and trying to say it's from steam is really a strech since it's hard for them to reward current subscribers with games when steam does it for free.

So how do they compare, they are paid subscriptions on video games consoles that are offering you games at no cost beyond the subsription. does sound preyy similar. Though in one case there have been games at no extra cost since the service started until now, with the service only getting good with the instant game collection. With there now being hundereds of games to the long term subsribers.  In the other there haven't been any games until recently and the long term subscribers have just as many games as those who signed up when the program started.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Wright said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Wright said:

Future PS4 owners owe a thanks to Microsoft for PSN+, and I don't see them doing it!

why is that?

xbox owners should thank PS+ that they get free games (even though their old and can get them for less than a fiver)

you think microsoft would be giving free games if it wasnt for PS+?

Do you think Sony would have created PSN+ if it wasn't for Xbox Live?

what does one have to do with the other ?

you talking about psn or psplus? psn+ i dont know what that is.

Mmmm... PS+ xD I thought the term was PSN and PSN+ xD

Wonktonodi said:
J_Allard said:

Seems MS took a lesson from Steam, not from Sony. And even in that case, Steam does it for free.

do any of the games with gold have multplayer? will the multiplayer suddenly be free if you stop paying for gold  like a real actual free game or are you only getting single player for "free"

and trying to say it's from steam is really a strech since it's hard for them to reward current subscribers with games when steam does it for free.

So how do they compare, they are paid subscriptions on video games consoles that are offering you games at no cost beyond the subsription. does sound preyy similar. Though in one case there have been games at no extra cost since the service started until now, with the service only getting good with the instant game collection. With there now being hundereds of games to the long term subsribers.  In the other there haven't been any games until recently and the long term subscribers have just as many games as those who signed up when the program started.

You're getting the whole game for free. Whether you want to use MP or not is up to you. And I know Steam does what it does for free. My post said as such.

The only thing being compared in this thread are the games subscribers get. And one side gets rentals, the other side gets actual free games they can keep as long as their console works whether they are still a customer or not. World of difference. I could see people crying about MS gamers needing to thank Sony if they were also getting random rentals chosen for them but that's not the case.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

Yes but with PS Plus you get a large variety of rentals on a large variety of consoles. 5$ a month for PSP, PS Vita and PS3 games (soon to include PS4 also). Plus it just so happens that PS Plus actually offers very good games (They have a metacritic standard of 70+ I believe). I would hardly call either service giving you "real" ownership of games, seeing as it's all digital. But yes, I guess if you don't care for the types of games you get, as long as you get to keep them, then Xbox gold is for you. Do you know for how long they will be doing this? I thought I remember hearing them say up until the release of Xbox One or something.

What I said about having choice applies to both. But the only part of that post that matters is rental. People should stop comparing rentals to real free games you own. And there is no 70+ Metacritic requirement.

I'm sorry but is this honestly a problem for anyone?  I mean who is getting all these games and saying "I think I'll stop subscribing"?  Seriously, who the eff is this guy?  95% customer satisfaction.  I haven't heard one bad thing about Plus since it started from people who actually use it except maybe that European gamers get better games than NA ones (which is true).  When I tell non fanboy Xbox friends from my real life they all gauk at how many games I'm getting and ask "So you get to keep them?" and I say "Yeah as long as you stay subscribed."  They then moan about how they're paying more just to play online.  Sorry but I haven't met anyone who regards this as a problem or talked to any Plus subscribers who view it as one.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

I'm sorry but is this honestly a problem for anyone?  I mean who is getting all these games and saying "I think I'll stop subscribing"?  Seriously, who the eff is this guy?  95% customer satisfaction.  I haven't heard one bad thing about Plus since it started from people who actually use it except maybe that European gamers get better games than NA ones (which is true).  When I tell non fanboy Xbox friends from my real life they all gauk at how many games I'm getting and ask "So you get to keep them?" and I say "Yeah as long as you stay subscribed."  They then moan about how they're paying more just to play online.  Sorry but I haven't met anyone who regards this as a problem or talked to any Plus subscribers who view it as one.

Who said it's a problem? It seems per usual, you are lost on the context because you're too quick to defend.

J_Allard said:
platformmaster918 said:
J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

Who said it's a problem? It seems per usual, you are lost on the context because you're too quick to defend.

*sigh* of course.  Because you didn't imply any problem in that post.  Just because you don't outright state something doesn't mean you can't see the tone of most of these posts.  I just wish you wouldn't try to act like you're being super neutral all the time.  Sony's a big company they don't need me to, nor do I care to, defend them.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

You're right, I didn't imply a problem. I simply stated what makes the approaches different and pointed out that I think both are flawed and have better alternatives. I hope that helped.

J_Allard said:
Wonktonodi said:
J_Allard said:

You're getting the whole game for free. Whether you want to use MP or not is up to you. And I know Steam does what it does for free. My post said as such.

The only thing being compared in this thread are the games subscribers get. And one side gets rentals, the other side gets actual free games they can keep as long as their console works whether they are still a customer or not. World of difference. I could see people crying about MS gamers needing to thank Sony if they were also getting random rentals chosen for them but that's not the case.

so you can still play the multiplayer in those free games if you are not a subsrciber? if not you're getting half a game for free. Like most the multiplayer game on the 360 part of the game is for "rent".

and for calling them rental, I don't know any other service that just keeps getting more and you never have to send any back. Titles can come an go on streaming sites. Renting physical you can only have so many at a time. PS+ the library keeps growing.  I'm sure that if MS has done a system like plus you'd be very happy with having such a nice libraryof games even if "only rental"
"