By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - By far the best Racing game coming out next gen is

ktay95 said:
Itz all buwt teh excloozivez!!!!
MARIO KART 8 FTW
FORZA IZ FOR TEH NOOBS
#DRIVECLUB, MORE LIKE #GENERICSHIT

ok being serious now The Crew does look damn nice. Seeing as i need a racer from all genres i may buy it. GT7 for realism, Mario Kart for arcade which leaves street racing. Hmm NFS or The Crew

If we can count Project C.A.R.S. for next gen game then that's for realism

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''You tend to think that there is a big gap between F1 and everything else. F1 is where all the fantastic drivers are, so you just don't know how good you are until you get there''.                  

Jean Alesi

Around the Network

Looks good but honestly I wasn't that impressed during E3.
I doubt that it's even going to be as good as Driver San Francisco which even had a pretty good story mode.

Agreed. And I'm a Sony fan but Driveclub looks by far the worst of all. How dare I..?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Glad someone else brought it up I'm thinking the final metascore will be lower then Driver San Francisco it has a good change of selling less then that game also especially since it will launch on two consoles with small install bases that have better options when it comes to racing games plus I'm thinking by the end of next year there will be some more great racing games for both systems.

F-Zero U.

if they fucking make one.

Around the Network

When I saw this game during E3 they did say that to drive from coast to coast in this game would take TWO HOURS NONSTOP. Now that is pretty huge. But unfortunately like some people in this thread already said, since this game isn't an exclusive, it's not important. At least right now it isn't.

And from a PS standpoint, most people are talking about GT6 more than The Crew.

Me personally, I think that NEW racing IPs should be talked about and hyped more than older, more familiar racing titles.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

regin2005 said:
When I saw this game during E3 they did say that to drive from coast to coast in this game would take TWO HOURS NONSTOP. Now that is pretty huge. But unfortunately like some people in this thread already said, since this game isn't an exclusive, it's not important. At least right now it isn't.

And from a PS standpoint, most people are talking about GT6 more than The Crew.

Me personally, I think that NEW racing IPs should be talked about and hyped more than older, more familiar racing titles.

People will bitch and moan about lack of new IPs day in day out but when it comes to spending, they will buy Call of Grand Turismo Creed XV any day of the week over something new and untested.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Let's be honest. The first reason it got no buzz was because of that awful CGI trailer at E3. The collective response to that was basically, "huh?" No one had any idea what they'd just seen besides the fact that it was online.

Watching gameplay now, my opinion is, "it looks OK." Seems like it would be kind of fun but I don't get the impression that it will be anything special or unique. It's basically Burnout in an online world. The racing comes across as the standard arcade-ish "use your boost as much as possible" style. That's something I don't personally care about. That dirt course, for example, looked about as boring as you can possibly get.

It's probably kind of fun but not something I feel much excitement over.

Haven you read the posts, Ajescent? No one said anything about Call of Grand Turismo Creed XV, most of us said we'll buy Mario Kart 8.

No, seriously: I still don't see what's so special about The Crew or Driveclub, Forza 5, Gran Turismo 6 or even Project Cars for that matter. Games with realistically looking cars and slightly different gameplay, that's what I gather from all of those videos I saw about those games.

pokoko said:
Let's be honest. The first reason it got no buzz was because of that awful CGI trailer at E3. The collective response to that was basically, "huh?" No one had any idea what they'd just seen besides the fact that it was online.

Watching gameplay now, my opinion is, "it looks OK." Seems like it would be kind of fun but I don't get the impression that it will be anything special or unique. It's basically Burnout in an online world. The racing comes across as the standard arcade-ish "use your boost as much as possible" style. That's something I don't personally care about. That dirt course, for example, looked about as boring as you can possibly get.

It's probably kind of fun but not something I feel much excitement over.

They did more than show a trailer at E3. During the reveal, they also did a gameplay demo

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?