By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your Favorite Genre? (Poll)

What Genre do you get MOIST for?

Adventure 46 20.81%

Fighting 7 3.17%

FPS/TPS 19 8.60%

Platformer 22 9.95%

Puzzle 0 0%

Racing 7 3.17%

RPG 97 43.89%

Strategy 15 6.79%

Sports 1 0.45%

Other (Please state what) 7 3.17%

Total:221
soulfly666 said:

No Super Metroid??????  Invalid.

Super Metroid (along with the other classic Metroids and Iga-vanias) is most certainly an Action-Platformer (I would say more emphasis on Action than Platforming, but anyways...), but since the genre is pretty much contained with those two franchises (and one looks like it may switch genres entirely) I treat them as Action Adventure titles.

And yes, Action Adventure is the 2nd greatest genre!

Around the Network

RPG, followed by Racing and Stealth, but I also love many masterpieces of many other genres.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Smeags said:
soulfly666 said:

No Super Metroid??????  Invalid.

Super Metroid (along with the other classic Metroids and Iga-vanias) is most certainly an Action-Platformer (I would say more emphasis on Action than Platforming, but anyways...), but since the genre is pretty much contained with those two franchises (and one looks like it may switch genres entirely) I treat them as Action Adventure titles.

And yes, Action Adventure is the 2nd greatest genre!

ok got it, makes sense.

Probably RPG or adventure, but I think I like RPGs more. I enjoy all genres except strategy, most fighting games I dislike, and most sports games expect the ones with Mario in the title.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I'll go with RPG since there's not a city-builder or Visual Novel category.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

my favorite genre is Nintendo.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

P&C Adventure and cRPG

First and foremost I basically play in every genre. Sure, some more often than others. Every genre has it's classics, every genre has it's duds. There's also genres I don't really like, but have one or two of my all-time favorites in them (RPG and Racing)! My favorite from this list is Adventure, in particular Action/Adventure, my top 5 with the favorite at the top:

- Adventure (Action/Adventure; Legend of Zelda, Uncharted, Metroid)
- Platformer (3D-platformer; 3D Mario, Crash Bandicoot, Banjo-Kazooie, 2D-platformer; Yoshi's Island)
- Strategy (Turn-based; Total War, Simulation; SimCity, Rollercoaster Tycoon, RTS; Anno)
- Shooter (TPS; Resident Evil, Battlefront, Rail-Shooter; Star Fox, FPS Call of Duty, Jedi Knight)
- Other (Party) (Mini-game; Mario Party, Rhythm; Guitar Hero)

Platformers are my favorite. However RPG's and Adventure titles tie for second.

Action Adventure- linear or open world. I love open world especially.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018