By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your Favorite Genre? (Poll)

What Genre do you get MOIST for?

Adventure 46 20.81%

Fighting 7 3.17%

FPS/TPS 19 8.60%

Platformer 22 9.95%

Puzzle 0 0%

Racing 7 3.17%

RPG 97 43.89%

Strategy 15 6.79%

Sports 1 0.45%

Other (Please state what) 7 3.17%

Total:221

FPS/TPS RPG a la Skyrim / Mass Effect / Fallout

JRPG in the 90's when the story was compelling (Lost Odyssey being the exception of the decade)

Around the Network

even if peoples favorite is RPG's, I like pretty much all genres... except simulation if that's a genre... bleh.

My favorite games this gen are hybrids and all start with D's... :P

Deus Ex = FPS/TPS/RPG
Dark Soul's = Action/RPG
Dead Space 2= TPS/RPG Elements

Fighting and JRPG.

RPG games, well i love games that have choice and freedom.

Adventure games.

There are a lot of games that can be included in that category, starting with all the Metroidvania games going to games like Uncharted or even games like Zelda (they are not RPGs any more) or Darksiders.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

stratagy, like the civilization and total war series.

and basically i like all kinds of games, except dance, pokemon, and guitar hero types.

I like all genres but since I was little strategy games fascinated me because even if the game is 10 years old I can still play it without getting annoyed by outdated gameplay/graphics. AOM, Company of Heroes, C&C (except 4 which sucks), Total War (all the games).

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

elazz said:
I like all genres but since I was little strategy games fascinated me because even if the game is 10 years old I can still play it without getting annoyed by outdated gameplay/graphics. AOM, Company of Heroes, C&C (except 4 which sucks), Total War (all the games).

That's the beauty of strategy games, it's all about the gameplay. It's the essence of gaming. Graphics, presentation and story are second hand.

This site really loves its RPGs

I'd say the same, in particular Western RPGs. Skyrim is my favourite game of the generation, and Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout and Dragon Age: Origins are all up there as well. Even looking at those of my favourite games that aren't RPGs, both BioShock games and Warcraft III both have significant RPG elements. Indeed, I can't play an FPS unless it includes some.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

RPG for sure.

It would have been intersting to separate western-style RPGs and asian-style RPGs, as I think they are really different : for example, I love asian but I don't like western.

Anyway, I'm really surprised about the results : 48% for RPGs and 7% for FPS/TPS ? If it was the same percentage in video games sales, I would be happy.