By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Xbox one is this really the best launch lineup ever

lol.

Of course is not, just pure hype.

I still have yet to see an Ps4/XOne game that actually makes me think those are 'next gen' games.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

360 Launch - Condemned , Kameo, PGR 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Amped 3 

PS3 Launch - I take what I stated back, PS3 was worse, however I beleive that Resistance is a stronger launch game than any of the mentioned PS4 exclusives.

Resistance stronger than Killzone? Again, definitely not. And those 360 games you mentioned don't really aid the case much more.

It was a stronger series as per gameplay, look at the reviews for each game in the series.  Also Killzone 3 would have ended up with similar sales to Reistance 3 had it not been bundled (which is a damn shame because Resistance 3 was excellent).

Those 360 games were great games  so I cannot see how they do not aid my case when comparing to Knack and Driveclub.

Because, without Knack and Driveclub being released, and being new IPs, you can't realistically compare them to anything. You may have thought those 360 games were great, and in most of the cases, I'd agree, but it doesn't mean they were that strong.

In regards to Resistance vs Killzone, it's just not a stronger franchise. At all. Both Insomniac and Sony realized this, which is why it was put on-hold indefinitely. Pointless to argue about.

The Knack/Driveclub point I am making will obviously have to be proven once the reviews come in, then we will see who is right on that matter.

As for Resistance vs Killzone, Sony barely advertised Resistance 3 which imo could have been for the fact that the company was going multiplat. Resistance also outsold the Killzone series but I'll agree although the games were still stellar the sales dwindled in the end.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Games I'm considering day one

first party game: killzone, drive club(through plus) and knack
multiplatform games: Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4

So there's five titles that I can enjoy until the first and second generation of games released, so it's not the best launch lineup but it's not the weaker either, besides, there's a couple a good games coming to current gen as well so I'm definitely set for the whole generation. The amount of time that I have for gaming is very limited so having a huge launch lineup will only increase my backlog of games.

CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Because, without Knack and Driveclub being released, and being new IPs, you can't realistically compare them to anything. You may have thought those 360 games were great, and in most of the cases, I'd agree, but it doesn't mean they were that strong.

In regards to Resistance vs Killzone, it's just not a stronger franchise. At all. Both Insomniac and Sony realized this, which is why it was put on-hold indefinitely. Pointless to argue about.

The Knack/Driveclub point I am making will obviously have to be proven once the reviews come in, then we will see who is right on that matter.

As for Resistance vs Killzone, Sony barely advertised Resistance 3 which imo could have been for the fact that the company was going multiplat. Resistance also outsold the Killzone series but I'll agree although the games were still stellar the sales dwindled in the end.

Resistance only outsold Killzone because it had three PS3 releases. Not very realistic. In regards to Knack/DriveClub, I haven't said which will be better. I'm just telling you your absolute view isn't indisputable.

Considering Killzone, technically had a head start on the PS2, it should have performed much better and lead Resistance in sales, not the other way around (your argument falls flat on that point). Unfortunately, Resistance was an excellent series that allowed poor advertising to be it's downfall.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Not going to buy it at launch but will buy it to play Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3.

Around the Network

Yeah, most people are just better off waiting until the launch window.

carlos710 said:
lol.

I still have yet to see an Ps4/XOne game that actually makes me think those are 'next gen' games.

Sorry, but KZ Shadowfall looks Next gen for me. That game isn't even pushing the PS4 either.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
carlos710 said:
lol.

Sorry, but KZ Shadowfall looks Next gen for me. That game isn't even pushing the PS4 either.

Matter of oppinion, do not be sorry for that :)
KZ Shadowfall does not impressed me at all, it reminds me of Crysis 3 a lot on the graphical side, my oppinion at least!

Honestly that line-up isn't that great.

Imaginedvl said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Matter of oppinion, do not be sorry for that :)
KZ Shadowfall does not impressed me at all, it reminds me of Crysis 3 a lot on the graphical side, my oppinion at least!

Are you serious? It looks like Killzone meets COD. They turned it into a twitch shooter. Have you even seen the new multiplayer? It looks super addictive. Screw Crysis, it has never compared in quality to Killzone, COD, Battlefield or even Halo for me.