By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Xbox one is this really the best launch lineup ever

Nope, not even close actually. I can get a racing game on other platforms, Dead Rising not my thing, Killer Instinct looks uhh I don't know, I wouldn't buy a fighting game day one anyways, Ryse was the only game that had potential to stand out, but after I have seen some footage lately, ohh no, it really looks bad and it's a shame cause we could use something else than shooters, and ancient rome, greece setting.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
EdHieron said:

No. And including the MultiPlats doesn't make it the best launch lineup ever because the PS4 is getting those too. PS4 and XBoxOne launch line ups are basically the same in quality ( including exclusives ) with everything else being in Playstation 4's favor:  Price, tech, power, the fact that the only country where the Xbox One will possibly outsell PS4 is America.

Microsoft's already lost.  I don't know why they're even bothering. 

Many thought the same about the PS3 shortly after Sony launched it, but they managed to turn it around, so even if PS4 might start better there still is a chance for MS to make a come back if they heavily invest in game development.

I don't know.  They've been heavily invested in game development a long time and so far they've only managed to come up with Halo ( no longer being made by Bungie ) and Gears and Dead Rising will probably go Multiplat next March.

Microsoft just doesn't have the Universal appeal ( ie. they're nowhere near as big as Sony in Europe or Japan ) or the Quality Second Party Developers ( Naughty Dog et. al. ) that Sony has.

The big advantage that Xbox had over PS3 this time out was that Western Third Party Developers optimized their games for the 360, but with the PS4 being much more developer friendly than the PS3 and with it releasing first and taking a big advantage in sales over One in sales this holiday season, Western Third Party Developers won't have as much of a reason to optimize their games so much for One. 

Titanfall is the only thing Xbox one has that I am interested in.

Crimson Dragon and Dead Rising 3 are the only ones I'm interested in.

CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Really? The only standout game out of the three is Killzone. Knack and Driveclub look mediocre at best. 

When you compare that to Crimson Dragon, Forza, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 ......... 

With Ryse's mixed reception, and Knack and DriveClub seeming to be getting more positive buzz lately, it's not so cut and dry in either direction. Thus, it comes down to preference, and he prefers the PS4. 

Mixed reception was pertaining to the multiplayer aspect of the game for RYSE. Single player looks great imo. 

The Xbone has a more diversified and stronger lineup, it really is that cut and dry.

No, it really isn't, since so many will disagree with you. There's just no fact to it, I'm afraid.

Yes, I'm sure that many Sony fanboys would disagree with me over my comment. That does not make them right, it just makes them biased (which I am heavily Nintendo biased). I can at least admit when my console of choice's competitor has outperformed them via games, which based on the WiiU's launch lineup, Xbone topped that as well. It's ok to admit!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

No, but then again be a rare title to get me to fork over $500+$60 specifically to play it.

Going by launch line ups the Dreamcast is still the greatest system ever made for my tastes.

CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Although I've pre-ordered a PS4 for day 1, I have to admit, it probably has one of the worst first party launch lineup's in recent history.

Worse than the PS3 and 360's? Definitely not.

360 Launch - Condemned , Kameo, PGR 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Amped 3 

PS3 Launch - I take what I stated back, PS3 was worse, however I beleive that Resistance is a stronger launch game than any of the mentioned PS4 exclusives.

Resistance stronger than Killzone? Again, definitely not. And those 360 games you mentioned don't really aid the case much more.

It was a stronger series as per gameplay, look at the reviews for each game in the series.  Also Killzone 3 would have ended up with similar sales to Reistance 3 had it not been bundled (which is a damn shame because Resistance 3 was excellent).

Those 360 games were great games  so I cannot see how they do not aid my case when comparing to Knack and Driveclub.

Yes. Only getting ryse at launch though.

No. :)

CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Mixed reception was pertaining to the multiplayer aspect of the game for RYSE. Single player looks great imo. 

The Xbone has a more diversified and stronger lineup, it really is that cut and dry.

No, it really isn't, since so many will disagree with you. There's just no fact to it, I'm afraid.

Yes, I'm sure that many Sony fanboys would disagree with me over my comment. That does not make them right, it just makes them biased (which I am heavily Nintendo biased). I can at least admit when my console of choice's competitor has outperformed them via games, which based on the WiiU's launch lineup, Xbone topped that as well. It's ok to admit!

You are just as biased, but it doesn't matter because as I said, neither viewpoint is wrong. Thus, nothing to admit, except that there is a preference for one over the other.

There is a difference between biased and blind fanboyism. I prefer Killzone over every Xbone game listed and beleive that Infamous: SS looks superior to all the games named, however when comparing the Xbone launch against the remaining two exclusives (Driveclub , Knack) there really is no comparison.