By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So If Consoles Went All Digital What Would You Do?

What would you do?

Buy the new digital console 38 36.19%

Stick to retro gaming 33 31.43%

Switch to PC gaming 20 19.05%

Other (State below) 6 5.71%

See results 8 7.62%

Total:105

I'm just curious to see where I stand on this subect compared to everyone else.  Personally I would not but a new console if it went all digital and I would stick to retro gaming.  I just hate the fact that I would not "own" my games, and at any time I could lose them all.  I like to hang onto my games and play them whenever I want, plus I'm a collector.  There is always that one time when tech surpasses some people in a generation, ex my grandparents still use VHS's, my parents have never used a smart phone, etc.  I just wanna see if I'm stuck in the past, or well present because of when I'm making this, or if more people agree.

Around the Network

I would keep on gaming but I would really miss my physical copies...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Like the OUYA?! I'll keep gaming so long as they lower the Price.

I'll just go digital.

Hmm. As long as the price it good, I'd be ok with that.

But I don't want consoles to go digital yet. Handhelds I'll be more ok with but for consoles it gets harder to accept.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

keep playing on current gen console and wait for multiple pricecut on future hardware.

Keep going and I'll
*puts on shades*
Deal with it.

It's just that simple.

Probably just move fully to PC.

I'd go digital, but games will have to be $40-$45.

I would go digital.

You don't really own games now. Just a license to use them.

You can't legally sing Happy Birthday, record it, and play it for others unless you pay those Hill sisters a royalty. (well, they have died, but he company that owns the copy-write it's good until 2030. )

You don't really own books for that matter (unless they are beyond their copyright.) You can read them all you want, but you can't take parts out and republish. Book copy-writes can be 120 years.

I just don't see what the big deal is.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!