By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain was turned down by Microsoft over child kidnapping story

Carl2291 said:
Wright said:

Did you honestly linked a post that is like...eight post behind yours?

Did you read it? I said that post when followed by your post that I originally quoted made it seem that way.

Its now irrelevant and off topic, so Im dropping it. It matters not

That's what happens when you don't investigate the source conversation. The root. You have to look into the matter. Check facts. Words. One by one. Let this be a lesson to you, Carl. I'll expect better for our future battles.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
landguy1 said:
bananaking21 said:
landguy1 said:
Sounds funny that we are to take anything away from this information. M$ decided not to do a game and Sony did. No lesson or things to read into. I am sure that the same can be said for dozens of games or business decisions. I think the OP is looking a little to hard at it to get anything other than an interesting bit on how one game went through the development cycle.

i think the posters here are taking things to much too heart. when another user on here who is an xbox fan makes over 150 threads a month about anything pro-xbox its considered okay when he just literally spams the forums. but when i make a thread about when of my favorite games i am "trying to hard". note how i did post my personal opinion in a post not in the OP so i wouldnt try to make things an xbox-PS fanboy war. geez, you people need to chill

Trolling your own thread to make your point is still the same thing.  You have admitted you tried to hide it outside the article to avoid the idea that you posted the article just to later make an argument.  It doesn't really matter, as I don't mind people's agendas, just as long a i get the info.  I think that i can come to my own conclusions regardless of the Original posters intent.

i stated a fact, which if you dont like it or not is your problem. 

@bolded: is that you calling me a troll?

Yes, you trolled your own posting.  Me making note of it is just part of what happens when you do it. 

As far as stating a fact, that is your opinion and that is great.  Again, thats the benefit of the forum.  You read an article and have your opinion as to what you think it meant and i have mine.  I was very clear that i thought that you restating the obvious was to make an unneeded argument(which played out throughout the thread).  It isn't a problem for me, as it is obviously a problem for you that i have a differnet view of what the article represents.

Wright said:

That's what happens when you don't investigate the source conversation. The root. You have to look into the matter. Check facts. Words. One by one. Let this be a lesson to you, Carl. I'll expect better for our future battles.

See I was willing to drop this and you just had to bring me back, didnt you? Fine. Have it your way.

Wright said:

Sony didn't want to take risk with Alan Wake either, that's why the game ended up on Microsoft platforms.

Wright said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

What was the risk with Alan Wake?

New IP. Worth investing in it?

The bolded is key in your first post.

You did say it. I just couldnt be arsed going on about it because Im tired and grumpy and let you have your way. My post was correct. You implied Sony wouldnt take a risk on a new IP, because of the investment. You said that lack of commitment from Sony was the reason Alan Wake ended up on Microsoft platforms which was 100% false.

I want to go now. Stop making me argue on the Internet.

Eternal said:
Sony successfully broke the shackles of gaming being always tied to children and juveniles.That is actually one of the main reason I love them so much.

Bullcrap, Sony relied heavily 3rd parties to create mature games for PS1 and PS2

Developers were creating software for maturing gamers even before Sony entered the console fray.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I expect something like this from Nintendo, Nintendo are the 4kids of gaming, but Microsoft?

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Wright said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

What was the risk with Alan Wake?

New IP. Worth investing in it?

The bolded is key in your first post.

You did say it. I just couldnt be arsed going on about it because Im tired and grumpy and let you have your way. My post was correct. You implied Sony wouldnt take a risk on a new IP, because of the investment. You said that lack of commitment from Sony was the reason Alan Wake ended up on Microsoft platforms which was 100% false.

I want to go now. Stop making me argue on the Internet.

What is this witchcraft?!

I refuse your argument until you put a proper link to that "Stop making me argue on the Internet thing"! There, I said it. The one you post is not working.

However, if you're tired and grumpy, don't worry. Here's a picture of a dog to cheer you up.

In any case, I am a stubborn man, but I can admit being defeat when I'm proved wrong. Seems this is the case. I'll get you next time!

bananaking21 said:

it did pass on kinect, because it thought that a 3D camera alone cannot give a proper gaming expience, which kinect proved to be correct

No, the Kinect is great for certain types of game experiences. The Kinect has games that simply wouldn't be as enjoyable on a gamepad. Those are the experiences Kinect was designed for.

Much like the Eyetoy, it was primarily created for an experience that gamepads can't offer.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

landguy1 said:
bananaking21 said:
landguy1 said:
bananaking21 said:
landguy1 said:
Sounds funny that we are to take anything away from this information. M$ decided not to do a game and Sony did. No lesson or things to read into. I am sure that the same can be said for dozens of games or business decisions. I think the OP is looking a little to hard at it to get anything other than an interesting bit on how one game went through the development cycle.

i think the posters here are taking things to much too heart. when another user on here who is an xbox fan makes over 150 threads a month about anything pro-xbox its considered okay when he just literally spams the forums. but when i make a thread about when of my favorite games i am "trying to hard". note how i did post my personal opinion in a post not in the OP so i wouldnt try to make things an xbox-PS fanboy war. geez, you people need to chill

Trolling your own thread to make your point is still the same thing.  You have admitted you tried to hide it outside the article to avoid the idea that you posted the article just to later make an argument.  It doesn't really matter, as I don't mind people's agendas, just as long a i get the info.  I think that i can come to my own conclusions regardless of the Original posters intent.

i stated a fact, which if you dont like it or not is your problem. 

@bolded: is that you calling me a troll?

Yes, you trolled your own posting.  Me making note of it is just part of what happens when you do it. 

As far as stating a fact, that is your opinion and that is great.  Again, thats the benefit of the forum.  You read an article and have your opinion as to what you think it meant and i have mine.  I was very clear that i thought that you restating the obvious was to make an unneeded argument(which played out throughout the thread).  It isn't a problem for me, as it is obviously a problem for you that i have a differnet view of what the article represents.

"They got scared by the fact that Heavy Rain was about kids being kidnapped, and they said, 'This is an issue, we want to change it'. Well, we could have kidnapped cats, it would be a different experience!"

fact.  tell me how it is not a fact and i will make a thread to publicy apologize to you, until then i will keep saying what i said was indeed a fact. MS got scared, david cage said so himself

Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:

it did pass on kinect, because it thought that a 3D camera alone cannot give a proper gaming expience, which kinect proved to be correct

No, the Kinect is great for certain types of game experiences. The Kinect has games that simply wouldn't be as enjoyable on a gamepad. Those are the experiences Kinect was designed for.

Much like the Eyetoy, it was primarily created for an experience that gamepads can't offer.

I still get a lot of fun from my Move, not played enough kinect to have an opinion... probably close experience if you take the disavantage of bad precision and advantage of different formula.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It just goes to show: Sony's got gorilla nuts.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian