By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain was turned down by Microsoft over child kidnapping story

angelocp said:
microsoft is shit.. sony is god..

Am i doing it right?

and how exactly does this add anything to the thread?

Around the Network

Your title almost fooled me... tough MS had choose a kidnaping game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Carl2291 said:
Wright said:

It is a post replying a man who said Microsoft don't take risk on a thread about why Heavy Rain was turned down by Microsoft, yeah.

Right-o. This post made it seem like you were saying Sony wouldnt take the risk, when followed up woth your new IP post.

Sorry for the confusion.

Did you honestly linked a post that is like...eight post behind yours?

Sony successfully broke the shackles of gaming being always tied to children and juveniles.That is actually one of the main reason I love them so much.

bananaking21 said:
well they missed out on 3million sales and over 100$ million revenue. however the most important thing to note here is that Microsoft was very much scared to take a risk here, while sony was not.

Yes, very important stuff. Thanks for making that clear.

It should also be noted Sony passed on the Kinect. Sony was too scared to make the investment in Kinect, but MS did and it was a massive success.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:
well they missed out on 3million sales and over 100$ million revenue. however the most important thing to note here is that Microsoft was very much scared to take a risk here, while sony was not.

It should also be noted Sony passed on the Kinect. Sony was too scared to make the investment in Kinect, but MS did and it was a massive success.

Would be better to invest more on Eye or Move that they were already developing... better for MS that got a new addition.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:

it did pass on kinect, because it thought that a 3D camera alone cannot give a proper gaming expience, which kinect proved to be correct

bananaking21 said:
landguy1 said:
Sounds funny that we are to take anything away from this information. M$ decided not to do a game and Sony did. No lesson or things to read into. I am sure that the same can be said for dozens of games or business decisions. I think the OP is looking a little to hard at it to get anything other than an interesting bit on how one game went through the development cycle.

i think the posters here are taking things to much too heart. when another user on here who is an xbox fan makes over 150 threads a month about anything pro-xbox its considered okay when he just literally spams the forums. but when i make a thread about when of my favorite games i am "trying to hard". note how i did post my personal opinion in a post not in the OP so i wouldnt try to make things an xbox-PS fanboy war. geez, you people need to chill

Trolling your own thread to make your point is still the same thing.  You have admitted you tried to hide it outside the article to avoid the idea that you posted the article just to later make an argument.  It doesn't really matter, as I don't mind people's agendas, just as long a i get the info.  I think that i can come to my own conclusions regardless of the Original posters intent.

Wright said:

Did you honestly linked a post that is like...eight post behind yours?

Did you read it? I said that post when followed by your post that I originally quoted made it seem that way.

Its now irrelevant and off topic, so Im dropping it. It matters not

landguy1 said:
bananaking21 said:
landguy1 said:
Sounds funny that we are to take anything away from this information. M$ decided not to do a game and Sony did. No lesson or things to read into. I am sure that the same can be said for dozens of games or business decisions. I think the OP is looking a little to hard at it to get anything other than an interesting bit on how one game went through the development cycle.

i think the posters here are taking things to much too heart. when another user on here who is an xbox fan makes over 150 threads a month about anything pro-xbox its considered okay when he just literally spams the forums. but when i make a thread about when of my favorite games i am "trying to hard". note how i did post my personal opinion in a post not in the OP so i wouldnt try to make things an xbox-PS fanboy war. geez, you people need to chill

Trolling your own thread to make your point is still the same thing.  You have admitted you tried to hide it outside the article to avoid the idea that you posted the article just to later make an argument.  It doesn't really matter, as I don't mind people's agendas, just as long a i get the info.  I think that i can come to my own conclusions regardless of the Original posters intent.

i stated a fact, which if you dont like it or not is your problem. 

@bolded: is that you calling me a troll?