By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - BREAKING: Microsoft to purchase Nokia’s devices & services business, license patents & mapping services for €5.44 billion in cash.

think-man said:
Damn son, why does MS have to buy everything!! soon they will own the world.

Just like the Zune owned the mobile-music market, Xbox dominates the video game market, and Windows Phones dominate the smartphone market.  Oh wait...  No if anything MS just decided to torpedo yet another product they make...  

MICROSOFT COME UP WITH SOMETHING NEW OR DO WHAT YOU DO BEST!!!

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
think-man said:
Damn son, why does MS have to buy everything!! soon they will own the world.

Just like the Zune owned the mobile-music market, Xbox dominates the video game market, and Windows Phones dominate the smartphone market.  Oh wait...  No if anything MS just decided to torpedo yet another product they make...  

MICROSOFT COME UP WITH SOMETHING NEW OR DO WHAT YOU DO BEST!!!

I think that is the main reason that Ballmer has to leave. The lack of new ideas.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

lol i was a bit worried when the heading said BREAKING:

Though microsoft where breaking ties with nokia lol.

well good on them I guess. They need to keep the empire growing to keep up with google and apple these days.

Chump change for MS. Good move.

It's just that simple.

I'm sad. It was interesting following Nokia news and see their comeback.
I really wanted to see what will they achieve with Windows Phone. I thought They were on the right track.
On the other hand, I'm happy for Microsoft, they bought the best hardware manufacturer in the phone industry for cheap.

Around the Network

The amount of money MS has is frightening. Nintendo and Sony really are small potatoes.

Last nokia i actually liked was a 3210, nothing of value has been lost.

Over here in Japan, Xperia A, SGS4, iPhone 5 and Eluga X are the mobile kings.

Since Nokia are making somewhat of a comback with the windows 8 os, this is a good idea. I was planning on buying the 925 but got a samsung instead. Next phone will either be nokia or sony though.

Strange deal.. MS Buys the lumia name but can't use "Nokia".. There will never be a Nokia device in the future..
Its also a cheap deal cause MS isn't buying the Nokia patents.. It only lisences it.. I can understand they want a firmer grip on Windows Phone but still to get those sales from 30 million smartphones to 50 million to break even isn't easy..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Nyleveia said:
Last nokia i actually liked was a 3210, nothing of value has been lost.

Over here in Japan, Xperia A, SGS4, iPhone 5 and Eluga X are the mobile kings.

Over there in Japan, you can buy used panties from a machine just to smell on them.

A lot of people, especially on VGC, think Japan would be an super-important market.
Why the **** do people still think Japan would be an indicator for anything?

The world changed since the 1990s when Japan used to have so much more technical devices  than the US and even more so Europe.
I am not talking about you, I just saw this a couple of times before.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...