By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Inafune says Japanese industry has "gotten worse"

Tagged games:

Do you agree with him?

Yes 75 75.00%

No 25 25.00%

Total:100

BasilZero said:

Now now Ethomaz, dont make me get Nem and Boutrous on you.

Someone has to patting the Square Enix

Around the Network

He ain't wrong.

He is absolutely correct. Japanese developers are not even trying anymore. All they want to do now is make stupid fetish games, Smart games, and games for Otaku's. The creativity and originality is going down toilet.

Xxain said:
He is absolutely correct. Japanese developers are not even trying anymore. All they want to do now is make stupid fetish games, Smart games, and games for Otaku's. The creativity and originality is going down toilet.

First and third one... haven't they always had that?  For the second one, I don't know what that means.  

MDMAlliance said:

For the second one, I don't know what that means.  

Smart phone games, I think.

Around the Network

He's right.

BasilZero said:
MDMAlliance said:
Xxain said:

First and third one... haven't they always had that?  For the second one, I don't know what that means.  

First and third yes.

Second he must of meant Smart Phone/Mobile games.

But... Japan isn't the only one guilty of that.  Western developers are doing it, too.  Though I suppose it's usually indie... but that doesn't really change the fact that making smart phone games doesn't exactly fit into Keiji's opinion.

BasilZero said:
MDMAlliance said:

But... Japan isn't the only one guilty of that.  Western developers are doing it, too.  Though I suppose it's usually indie... but that doesn't really change the fact that making smart phone games doesn't exactly fit into Keiji's opinion.

Maybe its a hidden jab at Squareenix and Capcom who seem to be looking at mobiles more than consoles and portable gaming devices.

Lol like All The Bravest, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Breath of Fire 6?

the-pi-guy said:
Mad55 said:
I really dont agree with him on this.

Why, what do you think?

I dont think they have fallen any further really. Though I will say that kickastarter can be good for indie Japanese devs though people like Keji didn't really need to kickastart a game.

Thinking about Skrotick makes me agree with him, but luckily we still have people like Mojang and CDProjekt Red too.

Ooops! Sorry, I misread and didn't notice he was considering only Japanese industry...

Anyhow, back on-topic, he's the creator of great old-style Japanese classic games, so I guess I can trust him. And I wish him the best with Kickstarter.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!