Forums - Gaming Discussion - Inafune says Japanese industry has "gotten worse"

Tagged games:

Do you agree with him?

Yes 75 75.00%

No 25 25.00%

Total:100
ethomaz said:

Take that one Square Enix bitch.

Wait to play his game first. It might go horribly wrong.

Around the Network

RenCutypoison said:

The new Megaman clone? I doubt.

Xxain said:
Jumpin said:
Wasn't this the guy who was complaining about how the industry was not original enough? Then his solution for the right thing to do is to come out with the most unoriginal new IP in history?

Nope. He is voicing his concern in 2 areas of Japanese game design. Over reliance on IP's made decades ago and Japan ability to not make any global impact. Might Number 9 is more than just a Mega Man game. There is point behind its development.

In other words he is complaining about unoriginality. Which makes him a complete hypocrite and nutjob for making the most unoriginal clone of the most overdone IP in history.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

As a long time fan of japanese games I have to agree that japan games have really fallen from grace.

But I would like to make it clear that does not mean that western games have been the bearers of originality and good games, I see many people in here making that wrong assumption. Lets not fool ourselves the amount of copy and paste FPS and open world games the west pumped out were mind numbing.

Yes their sales usually exceed japanese games but the answer should be obvious for that, if the west has a bigger market than japan and the games are heavily marketed in the west (not to be confused with being made for the west) then more sales are expected. Most japanese games are not heavily marketed in the west so their sales naturally will be less.
Hell even the biggest japanese game publisher ,nintendo, you would be lucky to see an ad from them.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

ethomaz said:

RenCutypoison said:

Maybe inafune will get sued, maybe the game will be in a chaos of dev, maybe he is too old for this shit. We can't know for sure.

Plus, Toriyama, Amano, Kitase ... They were amazing once. Just like Inafune

But yeah, that looks amazing and I can't wait to play. 

Around the Network

Inafune was complaining about the Japanese gaming industry before it was cool.

All of you people are followers.

RenCutypoison said:
ethomaz said:

RenCutypoison said:

Maybe inafune will get sued, maybe the game will be in a chaos of dev, maybe he is too old for this shit. We can't know for sure.

Thats the thing right there. I don't think Toriyama or Kitase have ever been amazing. I think Hinorobu Sakaguhi and his leadership is what led them to success, when he left those two had no idea how to lead without him.

If your reffering to Yoshitaka Amano, I don't think he was personally ivolved in the games' development, he was the art designer. Which is important none the less.

In terms of other Japanese games, I think its the time and cost of developing games that has got the better of them this gen. I do agree with Infuane, collaboration is healty for both western and Japanese developers moving forward. By using the skills and experience from both sides I think that can result in better games.

Jumpin said:
Xxain said:
Jumpin said:
Wasn't this the guy who was complaining about how the industry was not original enough? Then his solution for the right thing to do is to come out with the most unoriginal new IP in history?

Nope. He is voicing his concern in 2 areas of Japanese game design. Over reliance on IP's made decades ago and Japan ability to not make any global impact. Might Number 9 is more than just a Mega Man game. There is point behind its development.

In other words he is complaining about unoriginality. Which makes him a complete hypocrite and nutjob for making the most unoriginal clone of the most overdone IP in history.

Thats what happens when you gain such a demanding fanbase. Can't blame the guy, really. I will even fund his kickstarter. Any Mega Man-like game from Inafune is worth my money on Kickstarter.

A203D said:
RenCutypoison said:
ethomaz said:

Thats the thing right there. I don't think Toriyama or Kitase have ever been amazing. I think Hinorobu Sakaguhi and his leadership is what led them to success, when he left those two had no idea how to lead without him.

If your reffering to Yoshitaka Amano, I don't think he was personally ivolved in the games' development, he was the art designer. Which is important none the less.

In terms of other Japanese games, I think its the time and cost of developing games that has got the better of them this gen. I do agree with Infuane, collaboration is healty for both western and Japanese developers moving forward. By using the skills and experience from both sides I think that can result in better games.

Every big head in square was personally involved in game developpement. They were always at least five to take decisions before the design document on a FF, and amano and nomura were involved many times.

This has been said all gen by numerous Japanese and Western developers. As a player of many games in most cases I agree with him 100% Japan's consistency in quality is way behind the West.

I have never read Western developers so they are lagging behind Japan.