By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: “If You Compare PS4 Visuals Side-by-Side With Any Other Gaming Console, PS4 Will Look Better Every Time”

Legend11 said:
Who cares when you have a game like Titanfall that is completely destroying everything game Sony has for their launch window lineup regardless of how the graphics look for them? Gameplay will always trump graphics and for me at least as long a game is fun to play and the graphics are passable I'm completely satisfied.

As for multiplatform titles I remember this generation showing PC versions of games where there was a gap but it never bothered me as the differences weren't a deal breaker and most people outside of core graphics whore gamers wouldn't give a damn either.

Speak for yourself.I'm just baffled how gamers can't seem to get enough of fp shooters.It's like some kind of addiction,just more and more shooting,killing...ah.And this game doesn't even have singleplayer,that's like missing half a game in my world.

And you should really compare Driveclub to NFS,The Crew and such and not with Forza.Wait for Polyphony Digital on next gen and then we will see (but knowing them it will be looong wait).

Around the Network
Eternal said:
Legend11 said:
Who cares when you have a game like Titanfall that is completely destroying everything game Sony has for their launch window lineup regardless of how the graphics look for them? Gameplay will always trump graphics and for me at least as long a game is fun to play and the graphics are passable I'm completely satisfied.

As for multiplatform titles I remember this generation showing PC versions of games where there was a gap but it never bothered me as the differences weren't a deal breaker and most people outside of core graphics whore gamers wouldn't give a damn either.

Speak for yourself.I'm just baffled how gamers can't seem to get enough of fp shooters.It's like some kind of addiction,just more and more shooting,killing...ah.And this game doesn't even have singleplayer,that's like missing half a game in my world.

And you should really compare Driveclub to NFS,The Crew and such and not with Forza.Wait for Polyphony Digital on next gen and then we will see (but knowing them it will be looong wait).

Don't bother he thinks everything MS does shines gold and anything else is garbage, there is no reasonign with folks like that. HE is prob upset PS4 is going to roll the x1.

I love how they bring up one game like it's all a console needs. KInd of like last gen all we heard was BUT GEARS, HALO. It's dillusional and desperate. I'll play TF on PC if I so choose, but it is already an over crowded genre.

Sony's first party speaks for itself. Naughty Dog > ANything on Xbox, and it's coming 2014.

Legend11 said:

It is?

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251266/ps4-vs-xbox-one-pre-order-totals-to-august-24th-2013/

Knack currently has about 13,000 more preorders! :o

pezus said:
PigPen said:
That doesn't matter at this point. The Wii U can push graphics so good, who will care if the Xbox One and Playstation 4 looks slightly better. But then there's the games to consider, like I will rather play a next gen Zelda or Metroid then a prettier Uncharted (if that is the case). My games don't have to be the prettiest, just as long as it looks good. Diminish returns won't matter when it comes to the games I care about.

You will not play a prettier Uncharted but you will play a prettier Zelda and Metroid? 

Why is you talking crazy?  I own all the current console Zelda games.  And you are right, I will rather play a next gen Zelda then a prettier Uncharted.  I buy games I like to play and not just for graphics.  Saying that, Sony IPs just not my taste.  

iamdeath said:
Eternal said:
Legend11 said:

Don't bother he thinks everything MS does shines gold and anything else is garbage, there is no reasonign with folks like that. HE is prob upset PS4 is going to roll the x1.

I love how they bring up one game like it's all a console needs. KInd of like last gen all we heard was BUT GEARS, HALO. It's dillusional and desperate. I'll play TF on PC if I so choose, but it is already an over crowded genre.

Sony's first party speaks for itself. Naughty Dog > ANything on Xbox, and it's coming 2014.

Here here.  Pretty much the only FPS I can stand, AND ITS GREAT!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

I'm sure Sony's first party will pump out some very good-looking games, but like this past generation, I doubt third parties will put forth the effort to leverage any extra power.

J_Allard said:
Shinobi-san said:

Your statement is bollocks with little to no evidence to back it up.

PC's are not automatically better at graphics than consoles are. You are pretty much saying that good graphics is reserved for people who want to buy High end PC's. That is complete crap. For the next 2 - 3 years PS4 /Xbone will be the graphical benchmark in gaming to the majority of worldwide gamers. To say that only PC gamers should concern themselves with visuals is crazy.

When Gears of War came out on the 360 it was the best of the best in visuals for the majority of gamers. How many people bought Gears simply because it looked amazing? A shit load of people.

PC gaming is niche(except obviously the exceptions like LoL, Dota 2, some MMO's and Minecraft). PC gaming with HIgh end hardware is a niche of a niche. I wonder if people who say these kinda tings even think about these things?

Never said PC's are automatically capable of better graphics.
Never said good graphics are "reserved for people who have high end PC's".

Next gen consoles might be the "benchmark" for graphics for a majority of console gamers. That's fine. Has nothing to do with what I said. I also didn't say only PC gamers should concern themselves with graphics. You made a long post but it seems you are arguing with yourself. Have fun with that.

You said anyone bothered that much with visuals shouldnt be bothering with consoles in the first place.

I asked you to explain.

You said PC's are so much better at visuals.

So what are the implications of that statement?

Everything i addressed in my post. You might not say things directly but you certainly imply it.

People who are overly concerned with visuals can and will be bothered more in consoles than any other platform. Consoles are viable platforms for visual fidelity. This has everything to do with your intial statement that made absolutely no sense and which you have failed to back up

"Anyone who cares that much about visuals wouldn't be bothering with consoles in the first place"

Complete rubbish.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Chris Hu said:

That is why it won best racing game at Gamescon right ;).

Please explain because you comments makes no sense.

DRIVECLUB did have better graphics even with it didn't won the best racing at Gamescom.

iamdeath said:
tres said:
which cartoon look better the last airbender or toy story? so in his arrogance he show exclusives. you can only compare apples to apples. on top of that gamers look at things through rose colored glasses.

LOL, Way too sensitive, companies always do things liek this and in this case it's true. MS recent advertisment the BEST games are only on xbox was the same thing.

whos sensitive?  you maybe.  by your response you must have a whole bunch of rose colored glasses, contacts, bifocal, reading glass, monocles, binoculars, telescopes im just saying how stupid it is for gamers to compare graphics regardless of where they come from.  

I already explained what I meant in a earlier post no need to repeat myself.