By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: “If You Compare PS4 Visuals Side-by-Side With Any Other Gaming Console, PS4 Will Look Better Every Time”

ListerOfSmeg said:
I remember them saying PS3 would be superior day 1 also and we all know how that turned out.
Sony just knows that people will believe whatever they say regardless of if it has any merit or not.
Judging by the fact they are already having trouble getting the PS4 to do what a 4 year old PC can with games like BF I will simply dismiss this claim as PR BS.
I am not suggesting their games will look bad. That's never been the case but they are known to talk a lot and never back it up. 4D graphics comes to mind also.

I remember the graphic crown with PS3... the exclusives and now even the multiplat are performing better on PS3 (the latest example the Splinter Cell: Blacklist that looks and perform better on PS3).

I won't be surprise if GTA V looks a bit better and with better performance on PS3 this time.

Around the Network

Sounds about right.

ListerOfSmeg said:
iamdeath said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
I remember them saying PS3 would be superior day 1 also and we all know how that turned out.
Sony just knows that people will believe whatever they say regardless of if it has any merit or not.
Judging by the fact they are already having trouble getting the PS4 to do what a 4 year old PC can with games like BF I will simply dismiss this claim as PR BS.
I am not suggesting their games will look bad. That's never been the case but they are known to talk a lot and never back it up. 4D graphics comes to mind also.

Huge diff between PS3 and ps4. 360 was argueably as powerfull> there is a clear and bigger gap this time.

Also, BF4 is a game built for current gen ported to A new gen, hardly a good example. Not too many PC's right now can outperform a 8 core unified arichetecture console with 8 GB GDDR5 ram. How many own PC's that can and how many devs will even bother making games on PC for such a small user base that do? Given some time next gen console graphics will really start to shine.

I'm a PC gamer (Steam FTW), but PC gets mainly console leftovers.

What does PC have to do with anything? PC beats all consoles, that's been true since the beginning of time.

Whats the PC got to do with? Well they talk like they will be superior but again BF4 devs cant get the game up to par with PC and I bet the PC specs wont be much higher than they were for BF3. I am not talking about a current PC but an older PC. One the PS4 should have no problem dominating if their claims were true but my 4 year old PC blows its specs away. 8 gigs of RAM? I have 35 between my graphics cards and system RAM. ALso its a mobile phone chip in the PS4 not an 8 core PC chip. Of course its not exactly 4 years old but its getting up there. However if PS4 is the standard next gen I wont have to worry with upgrading for a long time.

The only difference is the name. its the same situation all over again. Sony made promises most of us PC gamers knew were a lie but people bought it. While the tech might be different their arrogance and history of over hyping capabalities has not

@Pezus Yes I am sure you are an expert on tech..lol

What r you even talking about? Sony never once said PS4 would beat PC in graphics...and it has zero to do with the topic, the same is for x1 against the PC....... Sorry fail to see why you are even posting here with this.

A link to back up that they made a lot of power claims that never happened

http://www.psu.com/a001063/4D-Graphics--A-Reality-Only-For-PlayStation-3

ListerOfSmeg said:
A link to back up that they made a lot of power claims that never happened

http://www.psu.com/a001063/4D-Graphics--A-Reality-Only-For-PlayStation-3

YEah an article from years ago that is n ot even relevant.....Ps4 is a totally diff story, sony DOS clearly have a hardware advantage. Sony was under ttoally different management when ps3 launched.

Again, ps3 was really only On par with 360. Ps4 ther eis clearly a bigger gap. The only excuse for a PS4 game to not look better is developer laziness.

I can dig up articles on Ms and Nintendo and any company with PR and marketing spin..................It's the nature of the beast.

Around the Network

Screw the Gamecube! You're clearly insulting my N64 now! Sony, PS4 preorder cancelled! It's go time, bitch!

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

ListerOfSmeg said:
iamdeath said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

Huge diff between PS3 and ps4. 360 was argueably as powerfull> there is a clear and bigger gap this time.

Also, BF4 is a game built for current gen ported to A new gen, hardly a good example. Not too many PC's right now can outperform a 8 core unified arichetecture console with 8 GB GDDR5 ram. How many own PC's that can and how many devs will even bother making games on PC for such a small user base that do? Given some time next gen console graphics will really start to shine.

I'm a PC gamer (Steam FTW), but PC gets mainly console leftovers.

What does PC have to do with anything? PC beats all consoles, that's been true since the beginning of time.

Whats the PC got to do with? Well they talk like they will be superior but again BF4 devs cant get the game up to par with PC and I bet the PC specs wont be much higher than they were for BF3. I am not talking about a current PC but an older PC. One the PS4 should have no problem dominating if their claims were true but my 4 year old PC blows its specs away. 8 gigs of RAM? I have 35 between my graphics cards and system RAM. ALso its a mobile phone chip in the PS4 not an 8 core PC chip. Of course its not exactly 4 years old but its getting up there. However if PS4 is the standard next gen I wont have to worry with upgrading for a long time.

The only difference is the name. its the same situation all over again. Sony made promises most of us PC gamers knew were a lie but people bought it. While the tech might be different their arrogance and history of over hyping capabalities has not

@Pezus Yes I am sure you are an expert on tech..lol

PS4 mobile phone chip?  Geez hell no. At least get your facts right.

Also a PC with the same specs as PS4 will perform much slower, way more overhead. Try getting a PC to run a game like uncharted 3 on 512 MB ram and a GTX 7800........A PC needs much more power to run the same engines due to overhead. Consoles being closed systems means devs can use all hardware to its fullest. You clearly don't understand hardware much at all.

A 4 year old PC is pretty low end. Mine is 2 years old, I built it myself, it wont be able to max out BF4, and it was high end when I bult it with a core i7, 8 Gb ram, GTX 570.

I'd rather be blown away by gameplay or other elements than visuals. Anyone who cares that much about visuals wouldn't be bothering with consoles in the first place. So unfortunately for them, Infamous and Killzone might look nice visually, but it's nothing I haven't seen gameplay wise from those same franchises I can play right now on PS3.

ListerOfSmeg said:

He is also right about diminishing returns this generation. You arent going to see that big of a leap and the early games are showing that. I remember when people hate on Nintendo because the Wii U didnt show a huge jump in games but Diablo 3 PS4 looks exactly like Diablo 3 on PC did 3 years ago but nobody seems to be bothered by it.

terrible, terrible example

firstly the PS4 version afaik hasn't even been shown and secondly the reason why the PS4 version very very likely won't look any different (~98% probability) is not because of "diminishing returns", but because Blizzard won't rework all the assets,all the stages and the engine just for the PS4/XB1 version, which will likely end up selling the least amount of units

Yes we all know PS4 games will look better,

BUT BY HOW MUCH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

We really need some multiplats to be shown pronto.