By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Press Start: PS4's Dualshock 4 vs. Xbox One controller

iamdeath said:

I read and perfectly understood your post, my point still stands...you are talking out of your butt until you have used both, Many who have said the Dualshock 4 is an outstanding controller, even better then the x1's.

So, now you make the rules for everyone here?  The PS4 controller can be 2X or 5X better than the PS3 controller.  But, if the actual layout of the controller doesn't match what someone wants, they can dislike it.  The "many who have used it" line holds little sway, as they all seem to admit that it is a great improvement over the PS3 controller.  Some have said that they may favor it over the XBOne controller.  But almost all seem to have had only a limited time to use them.  As i hope you know, it takes hours of gameplay before you get used to a new controller and hours before it's little flaws may drive you crazy.  How about you don't decide for everyone else based on feedback from a few people who only used the new controllers for a few minutes.

Around the Network

I guess we'll see in November. My problem with past Sony controllers was they felt small compared to Xbox, hopefully they fixed that.

NobleTeam360 said:
I guess we'll see in November. My problem with past Sony controllers was they felt small compared to Xbox, hopefully they fixed that.

DualShock 4 is bigger than DualShock 3... Xbox One Controller is smaller than Xbox 360 controller.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Dark_Feanor said:
I cannot play with the DS3.

It´s sad, but I´m so use to the 360´s console and PC I just juggle around and get confused playing any PS3 game.

This made me lost a lot of very good games. But, what can I do?

Get used to the controller?  When I got my Wii U the controller felt a little bit weird, but a week later it felt normal and I had no problems.

Wait as a gamer there is NO way you can say you get confused playing any PS3 game. The button layouts on most controllers are JUST like the PS3 and have been since like the SNES lol. Now the controller being uncomfortable I can understand but to say you get confused is confusing seeing as teh buttons are not really all that different from it or the 360 as in placement wise.

But like he said yeah just play with it for a while and get used to it. Nothing to difficult about it.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Imaginedvl said:

lol whatever... Upset or not you need to see someone if you think responding the way you did was the proper one

I have to ask though Imaginedvl why can't you use the controller? I understand the XBOX 360 controller is bigger and more comfortable for people with bigger hands. I know it is preference I just always ask this when I see someone say they can't use controller A, B or C. I know they prefer others but always wonder why they say they can't use one at all.

Like for me I prefer PS controller over the XBOX controller but that doesn't mean I can't use it. I think ti is GREAT for shooter it just feels mooter to me. But I prefer the PS controllers for action games, RPGs and fighting games. The noly problem I have with the PS3 controllers is that the Analog sticks were too close together and they did not have an indent in them for the thumbs. But other than that it is a very good controller.

But I get you have a preference though!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
Imaginedvl said:

lol whatever... Upset or not you need to see someone if you think responding the way you did was the proper one

I have to ask though Imaginedvl why can't you use the controller? I understand the XBOX 360 controller is bigger and more comfortable for people with bigger hands. I know it is preference I just always ask this when I see someone say they can't use controller A, B or C. I know they prefer others but always wonder why they say they can't use one at all.

Like for me I prefer PS controller over the XBOX controller but that doesn't mean I can't use it. I think ti is GREAT for shooter it just feels mooter to me. But I prefer the PS controllers for action games, RPGs and fighting games. The noly problem I have with the PS3 controllers is that the Analog sticks were too close together and they did not have an indent in them for the thumbs. But other than that it is a very good controller.

But I get you have a preference though!

Well like many things out there, it is hard to explain it :)

Obiviously I'm pretty sure that if I play FPS on PS3 day and night for weeks I will eventually get use to it but right now I can honnestly tell you that it is almost ruining my game play. The position of the sticks is my main issue to be honnest, it just does not feel good and natural at all for me and after a while it even starts to hurt me...

I know some people, who do not like the PS3 controller in my friends but I have to admit that it is not that unconfortable for them. Don't know hehe maybe it is the way I handle the controller. But I can tell you that it has nothing to do with me "hating" the PS3 or anything like that. (that's why this post from dsgrue3  was out of place lol)

ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:

DualShock 4 is bigger than DualShock 3... Xbox One Controller is smaller than Xbox 360 controller.

Cool, So I should enjoy using the DualShock 4. 

The reasons he gives for liking the DS4 over the XOne controller make no sense. The distance between the Xbox One analog sticks is too close? What? No they aren't. I don't think they are any closer than the 360 controller. In fact, I believe that other than the thickness in the middle, the controller is the same size and a tad bigger than the 360 controller.

He then compares the triggers. Mentions the rumble triggers on Xbox One, but he didn't try the actual rumble trigger demo. Every single game will be different in regards to rumble. A game like Ryse will have way less use for rumble triggers than a game like Titan Fall or Killzone. Still could be used for when blocking with shield and stuff I guess. Again, it really all depends on the developer and the game, which is why he should not be making rumble comparisons without trying their actual intended demos.

Then he doesn't even mention the DS4 rumble triggers, just says that the triggers feel better. Range of motion is NOT what you want in a trigger. You want something that requires less movement and is more responsive, which he did not comment on at all.

Again, seeing as how the Xbox One controller layout itself didn't change hardly at all, especially not the analog sticks, I just don't see how his hands could "cramp" if they never did so when using a 360 controller. I guess I haven't had my hands on with an Xbox One controller yet, but seems more like there were WAY more external factors involved and that he attributed his hand cramps to the Xbox One controller falsely, simply because he didn't notice the cramping till then. How do we know he didn't play PS4 games first or had been typing/writing up a storm before playing Xbox One? :P

sound like bias blog

ethomaz said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
This seems to be the common trend. I've been listing to a lot of pod cast, like joysitq and ign and everyone was talking about how they prefer the ps4 controller over the new xbox one. It seems ps4 is going to bring a lot of people back.

What I get from the impressions is that PS4 refined a lot of ideias found in the 360's controller... and the Xbone's controller seems like to try to change what made 360's controller good.

This is bull.

The Xbox One controller improved on everything that was already great in the 360 controller and fixed some of it's issues.