By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Press Start: PS4's Dualshock 4 vs. Xbox One controller

^^
The first impressions says otherwise..

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Imaginedvl said:

lol whatever... Upset or not you need to see someone if you think responding the way you did was the proper one

I have to ask though Imaginedvl why can't you use the controller? I understand the XBOX 360 controller is bigger and more comfortable for people with bigger hands. I know it is preference I just always ask this when I see someone say they can't use controller A, B or C. I know they prefer others but always wonder why they say they can't use one at all.

Like for me I prefer PS controller over the XBOX controller but that doesn't mean I can't use it. I think ti is GREAT for shooter it just feels mooter to me. But I prefer the PS controllers for action games, RPGs and fighting games. The noly problem I have with the PS3 controllers is that the Analog sticks were too close together and they did not have an indent in them for the thumbs. But other than that it is a very good controller.

But I get you have a preference though!

Well like many things out there, it is hard to explain it :)

Obiviously I'm pretty sure that if I play FPS on PS3 day and night for weeks I will eventually get use to it but right now I can honnestly tell you that it is almost ruining my game play. The position of the sticks is my main issue to be honnest, it just does not feel good and natural at all for me and after a while it even starts to hurt me...

I know some people, who do not like the PS3 controller in my friends but I have to admit that it is not that unconfortable for them. Don't know hehe maybe it is the way I handle the controller. But I can tell you that it has nothing to do with me "hating" the PS3 or anything like that. (that's why this post from dsgrue3  was out of place lol)

Okay cool that makes sense! I was just curious that's all! Thank you much!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I guess we'll see in November. My problem with past Sony controllers was they felt small compared to Xbox, hopefully they fixed that.

DualShock 4 is bigger than DualShock 3... Xbox One Controller is smaller than Xbox 360 controller.

The Xbox One controller is only "smaller" in ways that bettered it. I think the distances between sticks is the same or larger on Xbox One, and the buttons are larger. The spacing of the ABXY buttons were adjusted closer for better control.

As you can see, the Xbox One controller is similar size if not bigger than the DS4, and the spacing between sticks is greater while the spacing between buttons is smaller. Both advantages. That and the triggers on the Xbox One controller are still actual triggers where the DS4 could use some more improvement. It's like they wanted to meet a third of the way between the old R2's and trigger styles. They added barely any curve to the trigger at all, and made it triangular. Grip on triggers seems like it will still be an issue.

ethomaz said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
This seems to be the common trend. I've been listing to a lot of pod cast, like joysitq and ign and everyone was talking about how they prefer the ps4 controller over the new xbox one. It seems ps4 is going to bring a lot of people back.

What I get from the impressions is that PS4 refined a lot of ideias found in the 360's controller... and the Xbone's controller seems like to try to change what made 360's controller good.

Come on ethomaz, we all know that's not true. Almost everyone who's gotten hands on time with the X1 controller says it's better than the 360 controller. Also, as nightsurge has said, the X1 controller really isn't much smaller than the 360 controller.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-controller-hands-on

"Overall, I was surprised how much I liked the Xbox One's controller. While the changes from the Xbox 360 controller are significant, it clearly respects the legacy and leaves its strongest qualities intact."

ethomaz said:
^^

No they don't.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:

DualShock 4 is bigger than DualShock 3... Xbox One Controller is smaller than Xbox 360 controller.

The Xbox One controller is only "smaller" in ways that bettered it. I think the distances between sticks is the same or larger on Xbox One, and the buttons are larger. The spacing of the ABXY buttons were adjusted closer for better control.

As you can see, the Xbox One controller is similar size if not bigger than the DS4, and the spacing between sticks is greater while the spacing between buttons is smaller. Both advantages. That and the triggers on the Xbox One controller are still actual triggers where the DS4 could use some more improvement. It's like they wanted to meet a third of the way between the old R2's and trigger styles. They added barely any curve to the trigger at all, and made it triangular. Grip on triggers seems like it will still be an issue.

Actually the DS4 is quite a bit bigger than the X1 controller. It's actually a pretty mammoth controller in comparison lol (and certainly larger than the 360 controller as well). Either way, both controllers look absolutely fantastic IMO.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-controller-side-by-side-with-the-ps4-contr-581449946

nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:
^^

No they don't.

Yes they do.....use google.

nightsurge said:

Really? are u comparing 2 renders of the controllers? that is fail right there. Here is a real side 2 side size comparison:

The sticks are closer on the ds4 but it is bigger. Also have u used the ds4/xb1 triggers? Cause I don't see how u can tell which one's triggers feel "real"

The pictures you got are a bit innacurate.

Yep, dem facts getting on the way. PS4 controller is clearly bigger.