By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is The 2DS Nintendo's Call for Help?

Tagged games:

No, they just want to making more money

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
It is. It's saying "help save us from our prior bad decisions!" But in a majestic manner, like a fawn in the woods.

Yep... a fawn that will crap money.

The 2DS is Nintendo's call for help....paying for Miyamoto's new Bugatti! Cha-CHING!

tbone51 said:
Cheebee said:
superchunk said:
no. Its Nintendo's realization that in NA there are a significant number of parents who don't want to buy a 3DS due to its 3D tech and they want to capture those sales when their biggest game, Pokemon, releases.

That, and due to its pricepoint.  It's really a genius move when you think about it, considering the audience they're targeting with 2DS: no 'harmful' 3D, a sturdier system that won't easily break (compared to the clamshell 3DS), and cheaper to boot. Would seem completely and utterly appealing to parents looking to buy their kids a gaming device, I'd think. I'm predicting it will sell very, very well.

another person that notices! Thank you, i said this 100 times, people are getting mad at the wrong reasons. Also lol to people who think 3D dont work and this is the answer. The 33mil users + the extra 10mil users this year disagree. 3DS is still being sold, Nintendo hasnt dropped it. Why are Haters so negative

'Cos it's not fair dem kiddie gaemz and gimmicky systems sell so much!!1

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Awww, baby Rol II is following in the footsteps of his mother! :)

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
osed125 said:

Yes Rol junior.

You are the first one to agree with my insight.

You must explain why, sir!

Because Nintendo can only make money from hardcore gamers. Everything else is irrelevant. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Cheebee said:

'Cos it's not fair dem kiddie gaemz and gimmicky systems sell so much!!1

Don't be daft. It's because gaming is Serious Business.TM

NintendoPie said:
BluGamer23 said:
WTF..

... thats all I have

Are you saying that out of amazement, or did you just look at the picture of the 2DS in my OP?

Or even both?

... lol about Nintendo calling for help... 3DS doesnt need help...

if they do call out for help they would do something drastic with the wiiu instead 

I actually really like the design, that red/white model is so sexy

But anyway im baffled why people keep asking why they made it and who its for. Nintendo specifially said its for kids 7 and under since glasses free 3D is potentially harmful to undeveloped eyes and looks more like a tablet which kids love these days and wil be harder to break without the hindge.

Also its a budget console since they didnt want to cut the price of 3DS/XL and give up profits. GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS Lite were all $129 and under when released, that seems to be the sweet spot for mass market pricing on handhelds just like $199 seems to be for consoles.

Another thing is outside of a couple games, the 3D isnt implemented in any meaninful way. 3D Land had a couple levels that used it in neat ways and ive heard Professor Layton used the 3D pretty well but outside of those 2 games ive never seen or heard about a game that made good use out of 3D other than making it a bit prettier for people who enjoy 3D.

The same thing could possibly happen to the Wii U Gamepad or Kinect 2.0 in the next 1-2 years if no games really utilize them and people dont really care for them. If the Gamepad is used only for off tv play or maps/inventory in 95% of games then a $199 sku without the gamepad is possible and have the Gamepad bundled with Nintendo Land for $99. Or if Kinect 2.0 is used primarily for TV functions and minigames then I could see a $399 Kinectless sku and Kinect bundled with Kinect Sports 2 for $149.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

BluGamer23 said:

... lol about Nintendo calling for help... 3DS doesnt need help...

if they do call out for help they would do something drastic with the wiiu instead 

I was talking Nintendo in general, of course.

Nintendo in general need help. They've lost their way.