By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo comments on PS4/X1 launch lineups - MEH

DialgaMarine said:
It's things like this that are why I pretty much have zero respect for Nintendo. They pretty have an identical mentality to their to where they can't even, in the least, embrace embrace their competition. In their mind, they can do whatever they want because, as long as it has that Nintendo brand, they'll automatically have the perfect product, and all else is inferior. It's almost like they see themselves as the only company in this industry.

Well, hate to break it to them, but I don't remember the Wii-U already having 1M+ preorders, 3 months before it's launch. PS4 alone is going to destroy the Wii-U. Mustache Man is about to get owned again.

did you lose your respect for Sony when they said the Vita and PS3/4 can do what the WiiU can do/better? or how about that time when they said the 3DS is a baby's toy, or maybe when they said the WiiU is for people with 4 eyes?

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
It's things like this that are why I pretty much have zero respect for Nintendo. They pretty have an identical mentality to their to where they can't even, in the least, embrace embrace their competition. In their mind, they can do whatever they want because, as long as it has that Nintendo brand, they'll automatically have the perfect product, and all else is inferior. It's almost like they see themselves as the only company in this industry.

An identical statement to their what? Their fans? Are you saying Nintendo fans can't embrace non-Nintendo products? Because that's an incredibly false statement.

MohammadBadir said:
Last time Reggie bashed the compitition, significant things happened.

Just to toss this out there, but one instance of something does not a pattern make.  

Torillian said:
MohammadBadir said:

Just to toss this out there, but one instance of something does not a pattern make.  

I'm joking :P

MohammadBadir said:
Torillian said:
MohammadBadir said:

I'm joking :P

Saw you say it on two sites so I was startin' to think you might be cerial.  

Around the Network
Eternal said:
I don't hate Nintendo but why don't they create new quality IPs,mature IPs,why they don't want my demographics?

Because Sony and MS already do that? Besides, I'd argue that games like Zelda and Metroid are absolutely mature.

DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
iamdeath said:
happydolphin said:
ed_Hawk-47 said:
it's funny..that's what i think of wii u "meh"

it's funny, that's what I think of the PS4/X1 lineup.

Still blows away the wii-u's launch

Not really, all three launch lineups are very similar. A bunch of multiplats on already released consoles and a few exclusives.

Nintendo Land, NSMBU, ZombiU

Vs

Knack, Killzone, Drive Club

Vs

Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising

Sorry, but my fanboyism has to come out here. I love how you compare Nintendoland (a Mii tech demo), NSMBU (a literal HD repainting of a game we already saw numerous older platforms), and ZombiU (a terrible unfinshed port-turned-exclusive that seems cool for 5 minutes before you realize just how stupid it is) vs. 3 AAA IPs (both PS4 and XBone). That's a realyly poor comparison.

Ryse, Knack and Drive Club have all gotten criticized for various things and many people say look horrible and Forza is the 6th game in the series in under 10 years, that leaves Dead Rising and Killzone which are both from series that average about 2 million. Not sure how thats a whole lot better than Wii U.

For the record I think all 3 launch line ups look meh.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DevilRising said:
dharh said:
The lineup might be 'meh' but for what it is, it is still a good deal better than the lineup of Wii U. I still say that despite Nintento's intention to compete with the Wonder Twins they have a ways to go.

Maybe they should just stick to what they do best, making games tons of people outside my demographic want. As it stands next to nobody who _wants_ a next gen HD experience will want the version of these games on the Wii U. Exclusives rule in this market and atm Nintendo is sucking at their own bread and butter.

What exactly is "your demographic"? Because most people I know who own a Wii U, that are anticipating new Nintendo titles, are between the ages of 21-35.

Upwards of 90% of the games I play are RPGs. You cannot argue that Nintendo is known for having RPGs anymore. I dare say they end up with less than a handful of them per generation. While X looks cool enough, it won't matter when they don't have the next fallout, elder scrolls, final fantasy, disigea, etc.

I don't have kids and I don't have friends near me therefore the only person I would have to play those Nintendo games with are myself. I imagine quite a few of those 21-35 year olds are either playing party games with their friends or play games with their kids.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Fanboys are stupid as F**K!!! What do they expect Reggie WHO IS PRESIDENT OF NOA to say? Did they really expect Nintendo to praise and push the games that the competiton is releasing or hype up their own. Those IGN fanboys are as sharp as Mr. Red Dead Redemption aka NinjaBlade.

...I agree