By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 2DS is aim at Kids not you!!!

thismeintiel said:
I have to say, that is a God awful design. I think part of the appeal of the 3DS/DS is that you can fold it in half and stick it in your pocket. This looks bigger than the Vita. The button placement also looks like it may become uncomfortable to hold after awhile. Why not just make a 3DS, with the same case, but without 3D? Or better yet, just tell your kids to turn the 3D off?

Probably to differniate it a bit more, and keep value to the 3DS lines by having better portablity for those models. I think Nintendo probably is testing driving the idea of a non-clamshell handheld (more tablet like) as that's probably where their future handheld/console is going too.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Probably to differniate it a bit more, and keep value to the 3DS lines by having better portablity for those models. I think Nintendo probably is testing driving the idea of a non-clamshell handheld (more tablet like) as that's probably where their future handheld/console is going too.

Makes sense to me.

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

thismeintiel said:
I have to say, that is a God awful design. I think part of the appeal of the 3DS/DS is that you can fold it in half and stick it in your pocket. This looks bigger than the Vita. The button placement also looks like it may become uncomfortable to hold after awhile. Why not just make a 3DS, with the same case, but without 3D? Or better yet, just tell your kids to turn the 3D off?

its a cheaper more affordable price, its targeted for kids. Its good the way it is.

when I have kids I'm not buying them anything that ugly. I'd rather buy my kid a better one that he could fold up and stick in his pants and hide from teacher/

Yep, it'll make a great baby-sitting tool.

Oh, and I'll be buying myself one eventually. I'm a child at heart.

Around the Network

I'm 21 and this is the only version I would buy if I cared to get the handheld.

4 ≈ One

ishiki said:
when I have kids I'm not buying them anything that ugly. I'd rather buy my kid a better one that he could fold up and stick in his pants and hide from teacher/

well lucky for you, the next nintendo handheld will be out by that time

After all this time, why is there still no second analog stick? They had an attachment before so why not just include it now, some games would really benefit from it and have so already.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018