By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 2DS is aim at Kids not you!!!

Now I kinda regret buying a normal 3DS a couple of months ago. The 2DS fits my style perfectly, I never use 3D and I never take my 3DS out of the house. Although on the other hand if I had waited I wouldn't have gotten the FE x SMT IV deal and a couple of discounts the eshop had. So it's not really that big of a deal in the end.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
Ya, it's prob fine since the kids won't mind aesthetics wise. The thing looks ugly and cheap.

I obviously can't speak from images alone, but this thing looks very sturdy. Don't know about the XL but the normal 3DS is very weak and I have the feeling that a single fall might brake it (obviously not going to test it lol). 

Nintendo and PC gamer

isn't every nintendo game rated 3+ anyway

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

should i buy this or a regular 3ds for my 8 year old nephew?

farlaff said:
OdinHades said:
I feel deeply sorry for every poor kid who gets a 2DS...

They could be worse. They could get a Lynx instead.

i feel sorry for kids that would rather play on their tablet or phone rather than having a 2ds...

Around the Network
osed125 said:
BloodyRain said:
Ya, it's prob fine since the kids won't mind aesthetics wise. The thing looks ugly and cheap.

I obviously can't speak from images alone, but this thing looks very sturdy. Don't know about the XL but the normal 3DS is very weak and I have the feeling that a single fall might brake it (obviously not going to test it lol). 

That I do have to agree with. It seems like just a single piece of hardware and not the hinge design of the normal ones. So the durability should be good. They are aiming for mainly children too so I can't imagine it being too fragile in general.

aikohualda said:

definitely the 2DS, shouldn't make any difference for him, Also get him a game and its the same price for a 3ds!

aikohualda said:

2DS + a game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Stop defending it, the 2ds is a disgrace, simple as that

I have to say, that is a God awful design. I think part of the appeal of the 3DS/DS is that you can fold it in half and stick it in your pocket. This looks bigger than the Vita. The button placement also looks like it may become uncomfortable to hold after awhile. Why not just make a 3DS, with the same case, but without 3D? Or better yet, just tell your kids to turn the 3D off?