By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread: GTA ONLINE OUT NOW!

Favourite protagonist?

Micheal 61 58.10%

Franklin 16 15.24%

Trevor 22 20.95%

Total:99

A lot of circle jerking going at IGN.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
A lot of circle jerking going at IGN.

I'm sorta expecting their review to be "Best Game Ever, 10/10", followed by 1000 words or so of sheer drivel and superlatives.

Like the GTA IV review, then.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm not really a fan of a review site throwing a celebration for the game before they review it. It puts pyschological pressure to give a game a higher score. I'm not sure what the solution is as videogame sites need money. Hype initially inflates or deflates my scores before you have time to digest it and think more rationally which is why you get GTAIV at a 98 imo.

ishiki said:
I'm not really a fan of a review site throwing a celebration for the game before they review it. It puts pyschological pressure to give a game a higher score. I'm not sure what the solution is as videogame sites need money. Hype initially inflates or deflates my scores before you have time to digest it and think more rationally which is why you get GTAIV at a 98 imo.

Indeed. GTA IV is THE case of score overinflation. It's a good game, but I'd say 88 is more accurate. 

I wonder if we will get the same with this title. I imagine we will, but to a lesser extent (as people will be focusing on "next gen", so this may get a lower score despite it most likely being the better game).

Conegamer said:

Indeed. GTA IV is THE case of score overinflation. It's a good game, but I'd say 88 is more accurate. 

I wonder if we will get the same with this title. I imagine we will, but to a lesser extent (as people will be focusing on "next gen", so this may get a lower score despite it most likely being the better game).

Expecting 10/10 from IGN. I mean they would give it more if it made mathematical sense. I mean if they give even 9.8 people are going to be made fun of. Well they are going to be made fun of either way. It's IGN!

Around the Network

Ever since they released the radio previews, i can't help but listen to them nearly all the time. That leaked soundtrack also had many great songs on it.
~http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51291/gtav-soundtrack-interviews-and-details-plus-sleepwalking-by-the-.html

Also, come see my GTA V thread ~http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164970&page=1#
There is much information now

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

green_sky said:
Conegamer said:

Expecting 10/10 from IGN. I mean they would give it more if it made mathematical sense. I mean if they give even 9.8 people are going to be made fun of. Well they are going to be made fun of either way. It's IGN!

Good point. IGN simply cannot win right now it would seem.

So this is the end of the GTA Week on IGN, right? Good stuff and most enlightening if you ask me. But could we see a review from them today? Let's see in a few hours...

I predict 98 simply a contender for game of the year but we cannot say, next gen titles may be better but for current gen simply incredible. Can't wait

gooch_destroyer said:

Ha, nice! I wonder what sorta tv shows will be up this time?