By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread: GTA ONLINE OUT NOW!

Favourite protagonist?

Micheal 61 58.10%

Franklin 16 15.24%

Trevor 22 20.95%

Total:99

I believe GTAV will be reviewed more harsly than GTAIV because all those 10/10 made reviewers look bad when gamers started pointing out the many issues they had with the game.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I believe GTAV will be reviewed more harsly than GTAIV because all those 10/10 made reviewers look bad when gamers started pointing out the many issues they had with the game.

I agree with you there. I have no doubt it'll be the better game, but it won't get as many perfect scores. 

We should know in a few days, anyway. The first reveiws for GTA IV came out 4 days before the game launched, right? We're now less than 6 days away...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

inb4 quarter to three

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

For people complaining about the size of the city, check out this GIF:

Dropping this:
Over 95, 98 will provide difficult.

But to be quite honest: It's GTA and with GTAIV getting 98 when a lot of fans consider it to be not worthy of that => I can see GTAV getting 98 because.. chances are even the fans might agree on that this time around XD

So yeah, might be going on a limb here but I have to say 98. Since it isnt an exclusive: it might avoid those *random* "4/10" reviews that have recently sprung up. Otherwise probably 96-97 at the very least 95. Anything below would be a real surprise considering Infinite got 94 and TLOU 95.

With that said: GOTY will be interesting. Both TLOU and BI are highly praised and GTAV might very well get the most. However back in 2008, it could've been that the backlash due to the 98 was too strong hence why Fallout 3 actually got more GOTY awards than GTAIV despite GTAIV dominating in meta. Maybe it was the medias way of saying "we fucked up a tad".

2008 GOTY =>

Source: www.gotypicks.blogspot.com

2008:

1. Fallout 3

2&3. MGS4 & GTAIV (tied)

4. LittleBigPlanet

5. Gears of War 2

Around the Network

Interesting stuff there Aldro. Personally I feel as though it'll get the highest Metascore...but TLoU will walk away with the GOTY awards. Rightly so as well.

Conegamer said:
Interesting stuff there Aldro. Personally I feel as though it'll get the highest Metascore...but TLoU will walk away with the GOTY awards. Rightly so as well.

Looking at the data from 09, 10, 11 and 12 => The games that usually get the highest meta also get the most GOTY awards (aside from 2010's RDR getting 95 yet winning whereas ME2 got 96 and came a very close second). See full GOTY each year from 2008 - 2012, here => http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149333

Anyhow: 2008 was an anomaly in that regard. Perhaps this year is the same and TLOU wins. Or maybe GTAV indeed gets the most. We just have to wait and see.

With all the GOTG stuff about TLOU, I imagine GTAV will get a similar reception. But whoever gets the most awards will be really difficult to say. Do not forget that GTAV is a multiplatform title however and that it is arguably the ..largest franchise ..that.. people on the internet.. care for (if that makes sense). The fact that TLOU is fighting that fight is nothing short of remarkable ^^.

Tl:dr =>
Being second to either game is no shame at all ;P.

Aldro said:
Conegamer said:

Looking at the data from 09, 10, 11 and 12 => The games that usually get the highest meta also get the most GOTY awards (aside from 2010's RDR getting 95 yet winning whereas ME2 got 96 and came a very close second). See full GOTY each year from 2008 - 2012, here => http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149333

Anyhow: 2008 was an anomaly in that regard. Perhaps this year is the same and TLOU wins. Or maybe GTAV indeed gets the most. We just have to wait and see.

With all the GOTG stuff about TLOU, I imagine GTAV will get a similar reception. But whoever gets the most awards will be really difficult to say. Do not forget that GTAV is a multiplatform title however and that it is arguably the ..largest franchise ..that.. people on the internet.. care for (if that makes sense). The fact that TLOU is fighting that fight is nothing short of remarkable ^^.

Tl:dr =>
Being second to either game is no shame at all ;P.

I think that's the key thing here really. This year really has been a great one for gaming!

So, with 5 days to go, the leaks are becoming more and more frequent. What's today, you ask? Why, it's some screenshots I reply!

Sadly, most of them have been taken down. However, they detail a number of things, including snow appearing for the first time in a GTA game for a while (if ever?) outside of missions, as well as the wanted system being cut from 6 stars to 5. I don't know why, but there you are. 

However, here's a couple of pics that were saved which I think are pretty interesting:

So what are we seeing here? Nothing important, do you say? I disagree. It shows we will have the slo-mo death from GTA IV, which I loved so dearly. That's a plus in my books.

This doesn't really show us much that we didn't already know, actually. It does show that there will be fog around the map, as expected since you can explore from the get-go. However, it appears as though landmarks will be avaliable on the map straight away, so if you need a Pay n' Spray for example but are in a new area, you can at least see where the nearest one is without guessing.

Also, I'm trying to compare this to the map we got yesterday. See where it is. Will report back when I have news!

Just done some Paint-ing and I think I've got the jist of it. Obviously this isn't exact but it gives you a feel for scale and how much of the map you can see at one time: