By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Microphone is really necessary.

if Nintendo is smart, it wouldn't come with MK, instead it would be it's own thing for 20-30 packed with a small game a la wii play and wii zapper

then we can read countless posts about how that game's sales don't count since it came bundled with a headset

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

When playing an online game on one system, very rarely does more than one person have a mic, usually a max of two, so that wouldn't be a problem.

I'd like to see this, too, but how would they 'retrofit' it for older online games, I wonder? Maybe there could just be an option in the home menu (when you press the home button) to turn voice chat on, and it would follow you no matter what you're doing? (ie online, playing a vc game, Wii Menu, Internet, etc.)

Maybe they could work out a deal with Skype? If the PSP can handle it, the Wii certainly can.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Fastrabbit09 said:
if Nintendo is smart, it wouldn't come with MK, instead it would be it's own thing for 20-30 packed with a small game a la wii play and wii zapper

then we can read countless posts about how that game's sales don't count since it came bundled with a headset

No it could come with mk or seperatly.

i bet that Nintendo will enable voice chat on the Wii but it will be similar to the voice chat on the DS. Meaning you need friend codes, otherwise its gay.

sc94597 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Uh... Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bluetooth only supports 7 devices (7 - 4[WiiMotes] = 3] The Wii would either need an additional Bluetooth USB Connector, or Connect it through the Wii Remote, otherwise, you could only use 3 Mikes.

Why would you have 4 people using the same tv when playing online. Also if you are all on the same game what is wrong with sharing a mic.

I personally think that passing a mic around would be distracting from the actual game, and simply telling your "Leader" what to say or whatever else they would call it, would be very unprofessional of Nintendo. I think either it should connect through the Wii Remote, or the wii needs a USB Bluetooth.

Also, Since when has the Headset been "Confirmed"?

Around the Network

I hate on-line voice chat.

L.C.E.C. said:
sc94597 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Uh... Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bluetooth only supports 7 devices (7 - 4[WiiMotes] = 3] The Wii would either need an additional Bluetooth USB Connector, or Connect it through the Wii Remote, otherwise, you could only use 3 Mikes.

Why would you have 4 people using the same tv when playing online. Also if you are all on the same game what is wrong with sharing a mic.

I personally think that passing a mic around would be distracting from the actual game, and simply telling your "Leader" what to say or whatever else they would call it, would be very unprofessional of Nintendo. I think either it should connect through the Wii Remote, or the wii needs a USB Bluetooth.

The mic is wireless just keep pass it to the other person real fast. I don't see how it could connect to the wiimote witht he nunchuck. The bluetooth the wii has enough. Plus how many sets of 4 people play online with the same wii.

People do it with Halo all the time. I don't see why not.

sc94597 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
sc94597 said:
L.C.E.C. said:

The mic is wireless just keep pass it to the other person real fast. I don't see how it could connect to the wiimote witht he nunchuck. The bluetooth the wii has enough. Plus how many sets of 4 people play online with the same wii.

Easily: Plug it into the Nunchuk slot, and have a passthrough slot on the back so you can still plug in the Nunchuk.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
arsenalrc15 said:
i bet that Nintendo will enable voice chat on the Wii but it will be similar to the voice chat on the DS. Meaning you need friend codes, otherwise its gay.

Nah, not gay. This way I won't hear some 12 year old tell me that I'm gay. One thing I hate about many Voip is the constant idiocy of some of the kids playing.