By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA still has faith in Dead Space

Tagged games:

Dead Space 1 was probably one of my favourite games of this last generation, Unrivaled atmosphere in that game.

Can only hope they do the series justice if they release more games in it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Slimebeast said:
I hope they still have Dante's Purgatory for Visceral in rotation too.

Dante's Inferno was better than the game it ripped off.  Too bad it didn't sell well.

Happy to hear that. Not enough people appreciate Dante's Inferno.

Bad reviews, poor sales. And rumors of Purgatory seem to have died completely.

Well, given certain recent statements, I don't.

They believe in Dead Space... for mobile

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Ignoring the is it scary/not scary aspect. It was still very atmospheric like bioshock, so that didn't bother me so much.

Dead Space 3 had a lot of awesome Ideas. The crafting system was awesome, but woefully unbalanced (as was the whole game). The universal ammo was bad because you could just use superpowerful gun most all the time. The previous dead spaces before had an exploit issue especially DS1, had the issue of if you only upgraded plasma cutter, and carried no other weapons, you wouldn't run out of ammo either. It had a lot of cool RPG elements, like that resource mode which only let you craft ammo at resource stations, but the mode only used like normal difficulty so after playing on Impossible it was too easy. The game game was too forgiving, and Impossible mode was like normal for the previous 2 dead spaces.

The story lost it's charm to. I didn't mind the Ellie-Isaac horror style hammy romance. But inserting the love triangle, when the romance wasn't ever really developed, just mentioned was dissapointing.

I still liked the game though, but it did sorta flop. I do think the series has done what it can do, it's story has mostly ended, though then unecessarily prolonged it with teasers.

Around the Network

Dead Space had a good run, but The Evil Within is the future.

kupomogli said:
Slimebeast said:
I hope they still have Dante's Purgatory for Visceral in rotation too.

Dante's Inferno was better than the game it ripped off.  Too bad it didn't sell well.

What game did it rip off that it was better than?   I enjoyed it but not better than some of the other hack n slash games that were available.

The atmosphere in DS1 was great. It just wasn't the same in the sequels, albeit the epic set pieces in DS2. . DS3 was a complete mess.

Yeah like people say, Dead Space 1 had a special atmosphere. That lonely Aliens/sci-fi like atmosphere, sort of.

I havent played Dded Space 2 yet. I dont plan to play Dead Space 3.

Good to hear. Hope we get a dead space the likes of 1 and 2 sometime down the line. Dead Space 1 is one of my favorite games this entire Gen. DS 2 was awesome as well, especially the times back on the Ishimura (seriously so effing scary). For someone who had previously not been too into horror games/movies, my love for this series speaks volumes of their quality.

If u haven't tried Dead Space 1 yet, I can't recommend it enough.