By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So PS4 Is Basically Going To Win This Gen, Right?

bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:
bobgamer said:
ASStronaut said:
Most of you guys talking shit about the Wii U don't know anything about it.

I don't know anything about the PS4 neither do I want to. Does that mean it's shit?

For you, sure, it can be. It's your opinion after all

But if you said that in a forum without anything to back up your opinion then you are in the wrong

These people (most at least) are trying to back up their opinion, the only one that rejects any negative thing on their precious Nintendo is Zero999 with responses such as "lie","wrong", "facepalm".

I wonder why that is...

those responses are proportional to the "amazing arguments" people invent everyday to call wii u doomed.

Yes, yes and one line answers will surely change the minds of those damn naysayers amirite?

Right.

You should try to back up your claims instead of just claiming someone else's (backed up) claim is false. It doesn't do you or anyone else any favors. It just paints you as someone in denial or spinning facts, sorry.

yeah, those people I quote "back up" their "arguments".

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Zero999 said:

that fallacy never gets old, just like this link: http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-vs-xbox-360-do-you-really-need-hd-6140621/

so xbox 360 is on par with ps2 since the ps2 ports (surprisingly) weren't much better on it. please stop it.

check the non ps360 ports. mario kart 8 and X are obviously ahead of anything from ps360 and that's not even close to using wii u's full power.

ohhh please, this same bullshit again, I admit Wii U is more powerful than ps3, but there's is no current and future games graphically ahead to the best graphics shown on 360/ps3,  stop being delisional thinking mario kart 8 and X looks better than the last of us, uncharted 3 and many more games.

what I think is irrelevant. I SEE those games are better looking than the best looking ps360 titles. it's absolute and unaffected by opinions.

the-pi-guy said:
Zero999 said:

what I think is irrelevant. I SEE those games are better looking than the best looking ps360 titles. it's absolute and unaffected by opinions.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"?

And if you have, do you know what it means?

yes I do, and i also know that it is unrelated to the discussion since we are not talking about artistic beauty. from a tech point of view, those games easily surpass the ps360 top demanding games.

Runa216 said:
BHR-3 said:
if the ps3 was able to pass the 360 and soon the wii then theres no reason ps4 doesnt have it locked up

Basically this.  

I mean, yeah, put simply, the PS4 has it right now, but anything can happen down the line.  

Isn't the PS3 currently 20 million units behind the Wii? No way it overtakes the Wii.

As for the current gen, I suppose the PS4 is the early favourite. Nintendo has a big 2014 in store, and if the Wii U is 250 dollars then vs. 400 dollars for PS4 and 500 for XB1, I'm sure Nintendo will move a ton of units. I wouldn't count Nintendo out yet.

Human contact, the final frontier.

the-pi-guy said:
the_lonely_gamer_123 said:

Isn't the PS3 currently 20 million units behind the Wii? No way it overtakes the Wii.

As for the current gen, I suppose the PS4 is the early favourite. Nintendo has a big 2014 in store, and if the Wii U is 250 dollars then vs. 400 dollars for PS4 and 500 for XB1, I'm sure Nintendo will move a ton of units. I wouldn't count Nintendo out yet.

Not neccessarily, the Wii is pretty much dead, it is only selling more than the DS at this point.

After the first 6 years, the PS2 sold 50 or so million systems, no reason PS3 can't sell 20.

That's a good point. Although, a lot of those PS2s were bought because the PS3 had a limited library and was super expensive in the early years. Doesn't look like the PS4 will have that same problem, judging by the number of games announced for it, and the 400 dollar price tag. But as you said, it's only 20 million units because the Wii is dead.

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
bobgamer said:

Yes, yes and one line answers will surely change the minds of those damn naysayers amirite?

Right.

You should try to back up your claims instead of just claiming someone else's (backed up) claim is false. It doesn't do you or anyone else any favors. It just paints you as someone in denial or spinning facts, sorry.

yeah, those people I quote "back up" their "arguments".

Oh my... I could bring each and every single post that you are arguing with and every single one of them would have more facts than whatever it is that you say.

It's okay to have your own little (actually it's quite big apparently) distorted world. I mean, it's nice and all, everything happens the way you want to and everything that you analyse comes off as beneficial to your own views. BUT you are now jumping that not-so-thin line and starting to distort others people words? I hope this is not the case, but if it is, it'd be an amazing accomplishment of your eyes (most likely your mind tho) to trick you like that.

Really, it's impressive that you supposedly cannot see those "backed up" facts (although i think you are conveniently ignoring them, it's still impressive to just outright lie like that. I wish i could that)

But you and me both know that you would just ignore/dismiss (with those awesome one line sentences) that (refering to the starter sentence here). Sigh

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch

Can we all please cool it with the personal attacks?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Can we all please cool it with the personal attacks?

Ok, since you did say please... *cooling down

Would you like a cup of tea with that, Zero999?

:P

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
the_lonely_gamer_123 said:
Runa216 said:
BHR-3 said:
if the ps3 was able to pass the 360 and soon the wii then theres no reason ps4 doesnt have it locked up

Basically this.  

I mean, yeah, put simply, the PS4 has it right now, but anything can happen down the line.  

that's why I said 'basically', as opposed to 'yes, this'.  It MAY pass the wii, but I doubt it.  (20 million isn't THAt far for 3 years of discounted hardware, since they say they'll support it for 10 years)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Captain_Tom said:

Dude the information is everywhere I mean come on.  Hell I'll oblige you a little.  Here is the difference between the GPU's:

-Cores: 320 vs 1152

-Speed: 550MHz vs 800 Mhz

-Bandwidth: 12.8 GB/s vs 176 GB/s

-Manufacturing process: 40nm vs 28nm

(Smaller is better, generally AMD's 28nm architecture in the PS4 is 1.6x faster than the same card manufactured in the 40nm architecture)

The PS4 has 3.6x as many cores running 1.5x faster on a architecture that is 1.6 times faster clock-for-clock.   3.6 x 1.5 x 1.6 = 8.6.  Then throw in the fact that the PS4 has 14x the memory bandwidth and can send multiple instructions per cycle and it should be obvious how much the PS4 steamrolls the Wii U.  

First of all,  the facepalm worthy math that you pulled out of nowhere (  3.6 x 1.5 x 1.6 = 8.6) that I've never seen used anywhere in all my years of seeing console power arguments on forums and reading hardware power analysis articles on sites such as digital foundry...Thanks for showing us all how easy it was all the time. You are a true visionary with this math you just created out of thin air to calculate the power difference between consoles.

You stated that PS4's memory bandwith (176 GBps) is 14x faster than Wii u's  (12.8 GBps) but you conveniently failed to account for Wii U's 32 MB of embedded DRAM.

Also,they can all send multiple instructions per cycle.