By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So PS4 Is Basically Going To Win This Gen, Right?

bobgamer said:

Post those gifs from X and compare

(Only one gif isn't from GTA Online so there's that as well)

I am not seeing that clear superiority that X has. Say what you will about budget but what you are saying is that, regardless of anything, anything with the scope of X is simply not possible on PS360. GTA says otherwise (and, by being a third party title, it doesn't take advantage of each plataform to the max).

I don't know why you keep bringing up MK8?

Artsy? Sure.

Beautifull? Absolutely.

Impressive? No, not really no...

If you want to compare it with a game with a somewhat similar style, compare it with Ratchet and Clank (it's still two completely different genres though):

So yeah... You could consider harping about something else because those examples are not very strong.

Now, if you were saying that it's impressive that those titles will come out relatively early (2 year-ish?) on WiiU's life (as opposed to these two^), it's a completely different story and discussion. But no, you are saying that they are leaps and bounds above anything seen on PS360.

go check the draw distance, distant things get misty on gta and remain clear for X. the size of the game world isn't in question, but what is rendered at a given moment. and X has more detail.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
go check the draw distance, distant things get misty on gta and remain clear for X. the size of the game world isn't in question, but what is rendered at a given moment. and X has more detail.

NOW you are talking. That is a quite good point. X's draw distance is absolutely insane. But GTA's still is nothing to scoff at.

About the detail, unless we get some devs info (eg: number of polygons), this could get subjective really fast (that picture is prettier! No! That one is!). But i get your point.

X is the game that will show off WiiU's perfomance, that is for certain.

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
bobgamer said:
Gamecube said:
iamdeath said:
What isn't? No third party support, outdated architecture, and online infrastructure, over priced gamepad that most developers will never utlilize..The sales speak for themselves.

Sounds alot like PS4:)

Wh-what? WTF?

Ok, let me see what you just implied:

No third party support

Sony is already getting more third party support than Nintendo ever dreamt of having.

outdated architecture

If PS4 is outdated, what the hell is WiiU? Pre-historic? SMH

online infrastructure

If you actually believe that Nintendo's online infrasctruture comes even close to Sony's or, even worse, MS's, then i don't know what to say. My mind boggles that someone could actually think this but the internet is indeed a strange place.

over priced gamepad

PS4 has an overpriced gamepad? Please do go on, i would love to hear about this wonderful piece of tech that Sony has been keeping secret all this time. 

The sales speak for themselves.

Yes, PS4 is already for sale, i almost forgot that (and i'm ignoring the positive numbers of pre-orders for it because that would hurt your arguement even more).

Right.

Sounds alot like PS4:)

That was a shit, shit post man. I hope you were sarcastic/trolling, i hope so. Sigh

Jesus christ

Of course it was a joke lol.  I like throwing bombs at haters of all stripes:). Right now most of the hate seems to be comming from the sony's side.Pick your system or systems and enjoy. consoles are all about entertainment, I want people to buy whatever is going to entertain them. 

Gamecube said:
Of course it was a joke lol.  I like throwing bombs at haters of all stripes:). Right now most of the hate seems to be comming from the sony's side.Pick your system or systems and enjoy. consoles are all about entertainment, I want people to buy whatever is going to entertain them. 

Oh... I'm sorry then.. The trolls are everywhere and this has made me suspicious of everyone lol :D

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
bobgamer said:
Gamecube said:

Oh... I'm sorry then.. The trolls are everywhere and this has made me suspicious of everyone lol :D

No worries:).  Have a glorious evening.

Around the Network

PS3 will outsell PS4 this Holiday, mark my words. Just as the Xbox 360 will most likely outsell the Xbox One. The Wii U is going to win the holiday season, and most likely the generation in terms of home consoles. They are already ahead by 3 Million+, they have great software coming, it is only $300 for one of the best bundles I've seen, it has free online, etc.
I don't know why people keep saying the PS4 is better when all it has is more powerful hardware and a few decent launch titles. I expect lifetime sales of the PS4 to be around 60 million, but the Wii U to be 70 million. Xbox One...maybe 40 million.

xJbownagex said:
PS3 will outsell PS4 this Holiday, mark my words. Just as the Xbox 360 will most likely outsell the Xbox One. The Wii U is going to win the holiday season, and most likely the generation in terms of home consoles. They are already ahead by 3 Million+, they have great software coming, it is only $300 for one of the best bundles I've seen, it has free online, etc.
I don't know why people keep saying the PS4 is better when all it has is more powerful hardware and a few decent launch titles. I expect lifetime sales of the PS4 to be around 60 million, but the Wii U to be 70 million. Xbox One...maybe 40 million.

2 AAA titles in my opinion in dc and kz for launch and another in  infamous just 3  short months later(that looks already polished as a mofo by recent builds), and a decent chunk of driveclub will be free.. sony does have some well polished looking f2p games for launch in warframe and war thunder ect (planetside also) for ppl that want a ps4 and dont have a pc.. a ton of fantastic games for free with ps+ including AAA games... insane quality first party devs...  a 3 million lead is nothing.. that will get whipped out quick within a year by both the ps4 and xone... the demand for the ps4 has never been this high before in a console... i said before the willu is headed back to n64/gamecube status,the wii was its first massive console hit that truely seperated itself in sales from the 2nd place leader(for now),but that magic is long gone.. n64/gamecube and all other nin consoles had mario and zeldas/metroids before on it,and it didnt matter...ps4 is only $400,thats not a bad starting point....btw theres already a mario game on the wiiu

theres is no way on this earth that the wiiu finishes ahead of the xone and ps4.. it gets beat by the vita all the time..yes when mario/zelda ect come out,it will give a small bump for about a month like all new highly expected aaa titles do,and then go back down to around regular levels that it was before those aaa titles came out... the console in my opinion feels dead/lifeless/ no desire by casuals for it...   the ps3 had a similiar start,but that had a HUGE  reason that the wiiu dont have,SIX HUNDRED MOTHER F-EN DOLLARS compared to the 360's $400 and a monster sized complexity issue for devs.   all imo

xJbownagex said:

whatever makes you sleep at night

xJbownagex said:

The only feasible part of this post is that the X1 might sell 40m. 

xJbownagex said:

I was okay with this post mostly until I saw 70 million for Wii U.    You laud the Wii U for having 'great software'  "coming".   As in, they don't have it yet and meanwhile act like the PS4/XBone not having 'great software'  yet is the kiss of death.   Wii U is a place holder until a real system comes.  Xbone I believe would outsell it, however price may stop that and make the Wii U a secondary purchase console.