By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So PS4 Is Basically Going To Win This Gen, Right?

if the ps3 was able to pass the 360 and soon the wii then theres no reason ps4 doesnt have it locked up

Play Me

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
Zero999 said:

facepalm.

anyway, why don't you mention the memory latency and the edram for wii u? and other stuff like the unkown gpu specs?

by the way, something with a processor twice as fast and a gpu twice as strong = something twice more powerfull, not 4x.

Facepalm indeed.  It's like you can't read or multiply.  The last things I will say are:

-A PC with a 7850 and an i5 is half as strong as a PC with an i5 and a 7970 because the 7970 is twice as strong.  CPU's are so much weaker than the GPU's they instruct; that these days the GPU is 90% what matters as long as the CPU isn't so weak it holds it back.  The fact is the Wii U's CPU is so weak it even holds back the Wii U's $40 graphics card.

-Your right there are unknown gpu specs for both consoles.  Thus we must estimate performance based on what we know, and based on what we know the PS4 is that much stronger.  You can  prettend Nintendo put invisible fairies in  the Wii U to boost performance, but until you prove it: me and Earth are gonna go on what we know.

It is clear you want to live in your own little world of made up facts and that is fine, but just leave us Earthlings alone... ok?

so if I upgrade my pc with a gpu 10x better than the previous, 10x more ram, a cpu 10x better, and another 3 components also 10x better each, did my pc suddenly became a million times more powerfull?

if there's a manufacture process that involves 3 parts, each with 2 people working on it. If i double the amount of people in each part, does my production gets 2 times bigger or 8 times bigger. hint: it's 2 times.

bobgamer said:

It's useless, he obviously knows better than developers /s

Edit: Let me get that post that i absolutely love. Here:

Zero999 said:
goopy20 said:
Zero999 said:

you don't give up, do you? the only one complaining about wii us specs is you, someone who doesn't know what those specs are.

bolded: you don't understand =/= devs don't understanding.

Come on now dude lol. Off course I don't understand the specs, but developers get paid to know those sort of things. They worked on it and this were basically the reactions we were getting from them. Don't shoot the messenger man.

EA Developer: Wii not powerful enough for next-gen titles

Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

Unreal 4 skipping Wii U

Insomniac Not Working On Wii U, Considers It More "Current Gen

Wii U to miss out on 15 EA games using Frostbite Engine 3

biased, lies, biased based on lies. you need more solid things.

why are you doing this to yourself? those amazing "true" links again? it only helps to prove my point.

Zero999 said:
iamdeath said:
Play4Fun said:
iamdeath said:

lol at saying wii-u is not much less powerfull then PS4 and x1, there is a huge difference. wii-u struggles to just be at par with ps3, a 7 year old console with its poor cpu.

It is one of the reasons most third parties are avoiding it.

This is well documented. Funny how everyone thinks they are a tech expert...

You love making bullshit claims and then dissapearing once someone proves you wrong, don't you?

Wii U struggles to be on par with PS3. Unbelieavable the bullshit you come up with.

Where was I proved wrong?

The Wii-u CPU is very weak, by a WIDE margin compared to the PS3. Overall the wii-u is on par, at best only slightly more powerfull then the 7 year old PS3. Many multi-plats look the same or worse on wii-u, and a few look slightly better.

People who have no clue about hardware should not post about it.

So I cannot live on a internet forum and that is supposed to mean something? I have a life, sorry.

http://kotaku.com/5896614/wii-u-on-par-with-360-ps3-so-far-says-darksiders-developer

I'll trust a developer over you.

that fallacy never gets old, just like this link: http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-vs-xbox-360-do-you-really-need-hd-6140621/

so xbox 360 is on par with ps2 since the ps2 ports (surprisingly) weren't much better on it. please stop it.

check the non ps360 ports. mario kart 8 and X are obviously ahead of anything from ps360 and that's not even close to using wii u's full power.

ohhh please, this same bullshit again, I admit Wii U is more powerful than ps3, but there's is no current and future games graphically ahead to the best graphics shown on 360/ps3,  stop being delisional thinking mario kart 8 and X looks better than the last of us, uncharted 3 and many more games.

bobgamer said:
ASStronaut said:
Most of you guys talking shit about the Wii U don't know anything about it.

I don't know anything about the PS4 neither do I want to. Does that mean it's shit?

For you, sure, it can be. It's your opinion after all

But if you said that in a forum without anything to back up your opinion then you are in the wrong

These people (most at least) are trying to back up their opinion, the only one that rejects any negative thing on their precious Nintendo is Zero999 with responses such as "lie","wrong", "facepalm".

I wonder why that is...

Thank you!  Sometimes I forget there are decent people out there...

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
bobgamer said:
ASStronaut said:

I don't know anything about the PS4 neither do I want to. Does that mean it's shit?

But if you said that in a forum without anything to back up your opinion then you are in the wrong

These people (most at least) are trying to back up their opinion, the only one that rejects any negative thing on their precious Nintendo is Zero999 with responses such as "lie","wrong", "facepalm".

I wonder why that is...

those responses are proportional to the "amazing arguments" people invent everyday to call wii u doomed.

Yes, yes and one line answers will surely change the minds of those damn naysayers amirite?

Right.

You should try to back up your claims instead of just claiming someone else's (backed up) claim is false. It doesn't do you or anyone else any favors. It just paints you as someone in denial or spinning facts, sorry.

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
Zero999 said:
bobgamer said:

It's useless, he obviously knows better than developers /s

Edit: Let me get that post that i absolutely love. Here:

Zero999 said:
goopy20 said:
Zero999 said:

you don't give up, do you? the only one complaining about wii us specs is you, someone who doesn't know what those specs are.

bolded: you don't understand =/= devs don't understanding.

Come on now dude lol. Off course I don't understand the specs, but developers get paid to know those sort of things. They worked on it and this were basically the reactions we were getting from them. Don't shoot the messenger man.

EA Developer: Wii not powerful enough for next-gen titles

Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

Unreal 4 skipping Wii U

Insomniac Not Working On Wii U, Considers It More "Current Gen

Wii U to miss out on 15 EA games using Frostbite Engine 3

biased, lies, biased based on lies. you need more solid things.

why are you doing this to yourself? those amazing "true" links again? it only helps to prove my point.

Yes, yes, and as i said you do know better than those developers. Did i accidentally put an /s for sarcasm there? I'm sorry.

I have no intention in discussing your "points" (i doubt you have one besides being pro-nintendo in regards to just about everything), i have had enough of these "discussions" (i doubt you can call it that when one side is not listening to the other - yes, it is you) with you to know that it's utterly and painfully useless. And no, it's not because your "facts" are so solid that i have no other choice than running away (it's quite the opposite actually) from the discussion, it's just your ignorance and amazing delusion that makes you unable to articulate something actually worth discussing.

My only point in that post was showing how you called five different devs in five different situations biased. That was my only point, to share the lols with the people. They deserve it.

― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
Zero999 said:

maybe it's not a centerpiece to you, but it is to many. and someone saying nintendo is not a colossal competitor...wow, just wow.

Have you SEEN the WiiU's sales?  I have confidence they will turn it around, as they did for the 3DS, but right now it's nothing.  the WiiU is losing to the damn VITA, and the VITA is notoriously for its continued failures despite a solid library and outstanding features.  

As for your points, much as I hate to just whimsically dismis you, I fear I may have to.  I love Nintendo as well as the next guy (Have always been a nintendo guy my whole life except about a 3 year period between 2009 and 2012 when the Wii sucked balls), but your arguments are just so damn remarkably off the mark.  your assertion that the "WiiU is almost as powerful" as its competition is an absolute joke, and your assertions about indie titles are just plain wrong.  

I don't WANT to argue against Nintendo, as I've always been a fanboy for their offerings, but seeing some of the arguments you just posted makes me a shamed to call myself a nintendo fanboy.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Captain_Tom said:
bobgamer said:
ASStronaut said:

I wonder why that is...

Thank you!  Sometimes I forget there are decent people out there...

Fear not brother, for we shall resist the storm (of ludicrous claims) that is Zero999 together, not as fellow posters, but as brothers ;)

We will stand on the path of destruction itself and we shall not fail!!

Oook.... i got a little too enthusiastic but you get my drift  :P

― Oscar Wilde
― Bernard M. Baruch
BHR-3 said:
if the ps3 was able to pass the 360 and soon the wii then theres no reason ps4 doesnt have it locked up

Basically this.  

I mean, yeah, put simply, the PS4 has it right now, but anything can happen down the line.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android