By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So PS4 Is Basically Going To Win This Gen, Right?

iamdeath said:

No they can't it's about architecture. A systems is ONLY as fast as it's slowest component. There is a reason the Metro devs said the wii-u CPU was too slow for their game.

The PS3 Cell is WAY more powerfull, wii-u has a memory advantage., Congrast at being maybe slightly more powerfull then a 7 year old console...I guess.

bolded: there is a reason for wii u being able to run games like X and MK8, wich far surpass the mentioned game, even at it's early years.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
the-pi-guy said:
iamdeath said:
the-pi-guy said:

Why didn't the PS3 and 360 do the same then?

The 360 does...upscaling is just stretching to fit the screen...if anything it makes it look a bit worse.................... Google it.

No it doesn't, the Wii U does not do the same thing as the 360.  There are several games that actually run natively at 1080p that the Xbox 360 can't.  

CPU wise, the Wii U is behind.  

GPU wise, the Wii U is ahead. 

RAM wise, the Wii U is ahead in some respects and behind in others.  

The CPU is pretty far behind, but it's not very important in comparision to the GPU.  Most games are GPU heavy. 

Overall the systems are PS4>Xbox One>>>Wii U>PS3

I don't recall any news sayng wii u's cpu is worse than last gen. it merely is not the same jump as the gpu, and we all know nintendo chose a gpgpu because it can handle cpu stuff. basically, it's how the console works as a whole that matters.

Then simple google "Wii U cpu slow."  On the first page I saw 4A games saying it is "Horribly slow," and Halling from DICE saying that most of his collegues agree that the Wii U has a slow cpu that will "Shorten its life."

Captain_Tom said:

Dude the information is everywhere I mean come on.  Hell I'll oblige you a little.  Here is the difference between the GPU's:

-Cores: 320 vs 1152

-Speed: 550MHz vs 800 Mhz

-Bandwidth: 12.8 GB/s vs 176 GB/s

-Manufacturing process: 40nm vs 28nm

(Smaller is better, generally AMD's 28nm architecture in the PS4 is 1.6x faster than the same card manufactured in the 40nm architecture)

The PS4 has 3.6x as many cores running 1.5x faster on a architecture that is 1.6 times faster clock-for-clock.   3.6 x 1.5 x 1.6 = 8.6.  Then throw in the fact that the PS4 has 14x the memory bandwidth and can send multiple instructions per cycle and it should be obvious how much the PS4 steamrolls the Wii U.  

facepalm.

anyway, why don't you mention the memory latency and the edram for wii u? and other stuff like the unkown gpu specs?

by the way, something with a processor twice as fast and a gpu twice as strong = something twice more powerfull, not 4x.

Captain_Tom said:
Zero999 said:

I don't recall any news sayng wii u's cpu is worse than last gen. it merely is not the same jump as the gpu, and we all know nintendo chose a gpgpu because it can handle cpu stuff. basically, it's how the console works as a whole that matters.

Then simple google "Wii U cpu slow."  On the first page I saw 4A games saying it is "Horribly slow," and Halling from DICE saying that most of his collegues agree that the Wii U has a slow cpu that will "Shorten its life."

and where do they say it's inferior to ps360's cpu? and even if true, wii u is gpu focused so it's only obvious the cpu wouldn't be in the same level of the gpu.

Most of you guys talking shit about the Wii U don't know anything about it.

I don't know anything about the PS4 neither do I want to. Does that mean it's shit?

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Captain_Tom said:

Dude the information is everywhere I mean come on.  Hell I'll oblige you a little.  Here is the difference between the GPU's:

-Cores: 320 vs 1152

-Speed: 550MHz vs 800 Mhz

-Bandwidth: 12.8 GB/s vs 176 GB/s

-Manufacturing process: 40nm vs 28nm

(Smaller is better, generally AMD's 28nm architecture in the PS4 is 1.6x faster than the same card manufactured in the 40nm architecture)

The PS4 has 3.6x as many cores running 1.5x faster on a architecture that is 1.6 times faster clock-for-clock.   3.6 x 1.5 x 1.6 = 8.6.  Then throw in the fact that the PS4 has 14x the memory bandwidth and can send multiple instructions per cycle and it should be obvious how much the PS4 steamrolls the Wii U.  

facepalm.

anyway, why don't you mention the memory latency and the edram for wii u? and other stuff like the unkown gpu specs?

by the way, something with a processor twice as fast and a gpu twice as strong = something twice more powerfull, not 4x.

Facepalm indeed.  It's like you can't read or multiply.  The last things I will say are:

-A PC with a 7850 and an i5 is half as strong as a PC with an i5 and a 7970 because the 7970 is twice as strong.  CPU's are so much weaker than the GPU's they instruct; that these days the GPU is 90% what matters as long as the CPU isn't so weak it holds it back.  The fact is the Wii U's CPU is so weak it even holds back the Wii U's $40 graphics card.

-Your right there are unknown gpu specs for both consoles.  Thus we must estimate performance based on what we know, and based on what we know the PS4 is that much stronger.  You can  prettend Nintendo put invisible fairies in  the Wii U to boost performance, but until you prove it: me and Earth are gonna go on what we know.

It is clear you want to live in your own little world of made up facts and that is fine, but just leave us Earthlings alone... ok?

Zero999 said:
Captain_Tom said:
Zero999 said:

and where do they say it's inferior to ps360's cpu? and even if true, wii u is gpu focused so it's only obvious the cpu wouldn't be in the same level of the gpu.

Google is your friend.

ASStronaut said:

I don't know anything about the PS4 neither do I want to. Does that mean it's shit?

For you, sure, it can be. It's your opinion after all

But if you said that in a forum without anything to back up your opinion then you are in the wrong

These people (most at least) are trying to back up their opinion, the only one that rejects any negative thing on their precious Nintendo is Zero999 with responses such as "lie","wrong", "facepalm".

I wonder why that is...

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
Captain_Tom said:
Facepalm indeed.  It's like you can't read or multiply.  The last things I will say are:

-A PC with a 7850 and an i5 is half as strong as a PC with an i5 and a 7970 because the 7970 is twice as strong.  CPU's are so much weaker than the GPU's they instruct; that these days the GPU is 90% what matters as long as the CPU isn't so weak it holds it back.  The fact is the Wii U's CPU is so weak it even holds back the Wii U's $40 graphics card.

-Your right there are unknown gpu specs for both consoles.  Thus we must estimate performance based on what we know, and based on what we know the PS4 is that much stronger.  You can  prettend Nintendo put invisible fairies in  the Wii U to boost performance, but until you prove it: me and Earth are gonna go on what we know.

It is clear you want to live in your own little world of made up facts and that is fine, but just leave us Earthlings alone... ok?

It's useless, he obviously knows better than developers /s

Edit: Let me get that post that i absolutely love. Here:

Zero999 said:
goopy20 said:
Zero999 said:

you don't give up, do you? the only one complaining about wii us specs is you, someone who doesn't know what those specs are.

bolded: you don't understand =/= devs don't understanding.

Come on now dude lol. Off course I don't understand the specs, but developers get paid to know those sort of things. They worked on it and this were basically the reactions we were getting from them. Don't shoot the messenger man.

EA Developer: Wii not powerful enough for next-gen titles

Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

Unreal 4 skipping Wii U

Insomniac Not Working On Wii U, Considers It More "Current Gen

Wii U to miss out on 15 EA games using Frostbite Engine 3

biased, lies, biased based on lies. you need more solid things.

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
bobgamer said:
ASStronaut said:

For you, sure, it can be. It's your opinion after all

But if you said that in a forum without anything to back up your opinion then you are in the wrong

These people (most at least) are trying to back up their opinion, the only one that rejects any negative thing on their precious Nintendo is Zero999 with responses such as "lie","wrong", "facepalm".

I wonder why that is...

those responses are proportional to the "amazing arguments" people invent everyday to call wii u doomed.