By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - W101 is going to be a gargantuan flop

Tagged games:

POE said:
It will sell well.

I want it to sell, because I want Wii U to do well, but more and more W101's launch circumstances are looking like a recipe for catastrophe to me.

Around the Network

Let's look at other Platinum Games releases... Madworld didn't sell 30k lifetime in Japan... Infinite Space didn't sell 200k global lifetime... Anarchy Reigns hasn't sold 300k across two platforms... why should people expect this to be the next Bayonetta or Vanquish? It could sell decently for a Platinum Title. It doesn't need half a million sales to not be a flop.

bananaking21 said:
Cobretti2 said:
it doesn't matter when a game launches, if its a god game it will sell. May not be big to start with but a good game has legs.

it does. ill list Killzone 3 and bulletstrom for example. they launched on the same day, bulletstrom on the 360 sold okay, but on the PS3? it flopped hard, really hard, just a few dozen thousand. Killzone3 just destroyed it. now imagine a game going up against GTA5. trust me, it matters

yer but this is a exclusive on WIi U, which isn't really going against GTAV.

Most games on Nintendo platforms have strong legs, assuming offcourse that they will be good. That is the point I am making. If the game gets a good word of mouth then it will continue to sell at a steady pace. If the game doesn't caputre the gamers it won't.

I long had my doubts about the game (which is why it didn't end up on my list), but however the game performs, its a "No More Heroes" sort of scenario. The only ones who will cry foul are the ones who deliberately refuse to understand.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

BasilZero said:

What is going on with vgchartz mang.

First ethomaz not posting GT news which is a sign of him buying a Xbone with Forza 5.

Then we had southpark person forgot his name buying a PS4 instead of a Xbone.

Now Curl-6 showing the signs of being a evil sonyite on about a article I posted few days ago.

Of course it doesnt help the fact its a new IP and made by Platinum games (who's games dont even do that well to begin with).

Dammit, my cover is blown. *Calls Mark Cerny* "Sir, I'm going to need immediate extraction, they're onto me."

"I'm sorry curl, you knew the risks. You will find your suicide pill hidden in the case of your copy of Killzone Shadowfall you got for accepting this mission. I suggest you take it, it will be far kinder than what the Nintendo fans will do to you when they catch you. You've done a great service for Sony, son." *Hangs up*

I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME, SONY! I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING!

Around the Network

Wii U will be doomed if games like Mario Kart and Smash don't help. Not games like W 101 and Pikmin or whatever.

The company developing it doesnt have a good track record of selling games....How are they even still around?

curl-6 said:
BasilZero said:

What is going on with vgchartz mang.

First ethomaz not posting GT news which is a sign of him buying a Xbone with Forza 5.

Then we had southpark person forgot his name buying a PS4 instead of a Xbone.

Now Curl-6 showing the signs of being a evil sonyite on about a article I posted few days ago.

Of course it doesnt help the fact its a new IP and made by Platinum games (who's games dont even do that well to begin with).

Dammit, my cover is blown. *Calls Mark Cerny* "Sir, I'm going to need immediate extraction, they're onto me."

"I'm sorry curl, you knew the risks. You will find your suicide pill hidden in the case of your copy of Killzone Shadowfall you got for accepting this mission. I suggest you take it, it will be far kinder than what the Nintendo fans will do to you when they catch you. You've done a great service for Sony, son." *Hangs up*

I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME, SONY! I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING!

MohammadBadir said:
"we want new IPs"

Actions speak louder than words.

Gamers always say they want new IPs, then don't actually buy them.

That's sad. It was never my type of game, but I was hoping Wii U gamers would buy this in droves since it is a new IP and they've been deprived of games.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS