By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One is actually more powerful than the PS4

Dedicated servers? Isn't that what Microsoft should have invested that XBL Money in, all these years now?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Not again...

"Lanham Napier, CEO of Rackspace, said in an earnings call (transcribed by SeekingAlpha) that Sony is now an “enterprise customer” for the company, continuing:

Sony PlayStation recently signed a services agreement with Rackspace, under which our developers and architects will be consulting and supporting the PlayStation team with their OpenStack private cloud deployment." http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/09/playstation-brings-on-rackspace-talent-to-help-with-openstack-private-cloud-deployment/

"Cloud rendering is a lousy experience"

Start at 3:02 for the real juicy stuff about Cloud.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Meh ... I couldn't care less. I want the box Naughty Dog is working on and the one that has inFAMOUS SS. For a launch window title, that game looks AMAZING.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

"...the Xbox, this time, has an unmatchable advantage out the gate which is miles up from raw hardware...

... It’s the Xbox Live Cloud."

I had to stop reading because I was laughing. He literally thought he was dropping a bombshell or something. Lol, if he had a mic, he would've dropped it after that sentence and tried to communicate the rest of his argument with his mind.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

CGI-Quality said:
This again? It's comical now! "Cloud, cloud, cloud".

In other news, the PS4 is still more powerful on Cloud Reality.

What's even more funny is MS clearly made Activision not talk about the PS4's dedicated COD servers (Even though it is inevitably true).  LOL its like when you buy an Xbox you pay for the extra marketing instead of the extra hardware...

The other big disadvantage is that after a few years, Microsoft will most likely reuse their cloud servers for other games, either crippling your game (or at least taking away any advantage the cloud servers gave you), or rending your game unplayable.

This should only be used for first party or exclusive MMOs or other online-only games. I don't see how this would make sense for 3rd party developers and non-exclusive games that need to sell on all platforms to make money, as that would just mean they have to spend extra time developing on two sets of servers (MS and Sony / Amazon or whoever they use).

I also fail to see the difference between this and current MMOs that already have lots of server side processing. I am assuming that Microsoft will charge developers / publishers money for the use of their servers, as they do not usually give things away for free.

Yeah it has the infinite power of the cloud, PS4 is doomed ... OH Wait !

Isn't PS4 connected to the internet, like mostly any hi-tech devices not bragging about the infinite power of the cloud ?

The cloud doesn't give advanced graphical capabilities to the console.