By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you hate indie games?

Tagged games:

Why do you hate indie games?

Too few graphics. 19 18.10%

Because Sony has them. 22 20.95%

I have no soul. 5 4.76%

I am Bobby Kotick. 11 10.48%

I don't hate your mom. 48 45.71%

Total:105

They don't have enough flashy explosions and eye candy with sugar on top.

They also lack on the greens department, less than 9 digits is too low bro.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I don't hate indie games, and i really don't understand why people hate them.

They are so unique and full of ideas. Indie games usually try to be as fun as possible too and to make it even better, they are cheap. All we need to do, is find the best ones. I think it helps, that graphics don't matter so much to me. (i would rather have a colourful, cartoony world than a realist one). In fact, some of the best recent games were indie.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Kresnik said:

In fact, indie games are (almost) replacing the AA games of the past.  Maybe not quite there yet

Give it a little more time and they will well and truly be there, I think. As more indie developers become successful enough to start pursuing development as a full time job this is bound to happen. Look at the difference between the very simple Thomas Was Alone and Bithell's new game, Volume, which looks like Metal Gear Solid with a sort of Killer7-ish art style.

Zax said:
Because they're cheaply made, boring, outdated drivel.

I'd rather spend my money on proper games.

I would remind you that most AAA games lose money. Clearly they are only being made as tax write offs for the corporations who publish them, and therefore cannot constitute proper games.

So only indie games are real games.

I love Indie games, but there is no denying that a lot of them are shit and the Media tend to give some of them a free pass because of their Indie status.

Around the Network

I'm waiting for Xen to make a remark.

BasilZero said:
Because Sony has them and I'm a Nintendo fan.

Really? because i remember folks taking sly digs at Microsoft whenever they announced Indie games as part of their lineup.

Because flower sucks.

I generally don't find indie games original or interesting. Usually an indie game is some puzzle game, or an arcade game with limited story, and it mostly focus's on gameplay. I play games mostly for story, and I don't think I've ever come across a half decent RPG (preferably JRPG) indie game. They lack the creativity.

I'd rather just play retro games for a little more. Sure the graphics are weak, but there are full pledged 30 hour plus games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Zax said:
Because they're cheaply made, boring, outdated drivel.

I'd rather spend my money on proper games.

Clearly you've been playing the wrong indie games. There's tons of bad ones, too, but there's also tons of good ones. Or have you ever played an indie game, even? Also, would you mind elaborating how exactly they are outdated? And finally, what makes a game a 'proper game'?