By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Harrison: Xbox One Will Never Come Without Kinect

Phil Harrison said never? Hmm....Yeah so that means June guys. :)

Around the Network
wick said:

Let's keep this simple.

Roughly 78 million Xbox360s sold -

Roughly 25 million Kinects sold =

53 million xbox customers who either aren't interested in Kinect or just plain out don't want it.

Also. Do you really think 3rd party developers are going to spend time and money on adding Kinect features in when they can just make an identical game to the PS4 version? Most of a console's games come from 3rd parties so I don't know how it will be "splitting the userbase" having a Kinectless SKU when most of the 3rd party games won't be utilising it.

Well, haven´t several developers already announced Kinect specific functions to their games? I believe EA showed some things and it is not really that hard to add voice functionality and some gestures to games. The real trick is making them integral to the experience.

And of course the install base of Kinect would never come close to that of X360 user base, but noone could have dreamed of it seeling close to 25 million (!) and still raking up 50K-60K sales a week. This shows that Kinect has a wider appeal than just the core gamers that only wat a controller in their hands. It expands the audience.

taus90 said:

lol yup the tall bald one :D.. hmm checking out the ex girlfriend that how hot she got! :D

Thanks... I thought it was him but was not sure... I just know some MS was checking #DriveClub.

endimion said:
ViktorBKK said:
endimion said:
ViktorBKK said:
There will be an Xbox SKU without silly kinect before May 2014. You can bet on it.

bet accepted... what you wanna bet????

I am not a book. But you can bet on it, somewhere I guess.

we've been betting avatar and sig control for half decade on that forum..... come on.... bailling out within an hour not cool... not cool at all

Either way, you can quote me in due time. We 'll see if I'm right or wrong.

Phil Harrison, MS VP of Always Telling the Opposite of What Will Happen

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Welp.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

This Harrison guy is a liar.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Fusioncode said:
Welp.

Haha, oh god..

Never = 6 months... got it.

Wonder if that definition also applies to Titanfall 1 never coming to PS4.

wick said:
So Kinectless SKU confirmed.

I give it 6 months from launch.

Nice call.