By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4's one million plus pre-orders are "way over" that of PS2 and PS3

Zero999 said:
Daisuke72 said:
Zero999 said:

the price would have to be lower than that for them to aim at quick installed base.

$400 for a PS4 has great value considering it's coming with like 6 games right out of the box without making a single purchase and $400 during holiday season for a new console sounds light, and the asking price isn't too astronomical that it'll see a slump anything like the Wii U saw, that and more support. 

$400 is no mass market price. and could you explain the bolded?

Warframe, Warthunder, DCUO, PS2, #Driveclub+, Playroom, and some arcade shooter are all free to play games that come with the PS4. 

Also I think the 360 sold like 6M with the 360 first year at $400 and the Xbox has nowhere as near as much brand power and influence in the world compared to Sony, so it's logical to think it could have a great first year of sales.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
kitler53 said:
Iveyboi said:
Amazing. Perhaps M$'s prediction of this gen growing leaps and bounds above the last are coming true.

or maybe it will peter out..

gamecube, wiiU, and vita had some of the best launch day  sales of any system yet things quickly turned sour just weeks after release.  don't get me wrong, i'm excited for these pre-order numbers but i am also very wary of them.  true success will need sustained sales not just a huge launch.

THIS.

Yup.

Daisuke72 said:
Zero999 said:
Daisuke72 said:
Zero999 said:

the price would have to be lower than that for them to aim at quick installed base.

$400 for a PS4 has great value considering it's coming with like 6 games right out of the box without making a single purchase and $400 during holiday season for a new console sounds light, and the asking price isn't too astronomical that it'll see a slump anything like the Wii U saw, that and more support. 

$400 is no mass market price. and could you explain the bolded?

Warframe, Warthunder, DCUO, PS2, #Driveclub+, Playroom, and some arcade shooter are all free to play games that come with the PS4. 

Also I think the 360 sold like 6M with the 360 first year at $400 and the Xbox has nowhere as near as much brand power and influence in the world compared to Sony, so it's logical to think it could have a great first year of sales.

x360 had a cheaper model and the economy wasn't bad as today.

by arcade shooter, do you mean the "small ship dodging bullets from others ships" type of game?

http://www.blu-ray.com/ifa2006/

Sony also showed their PlayStation 3 (PS3) game console, which drew a lot of attention as usual and with over one million consoles pre-sold the demand is not an issue. Unfortunately the supply is, which is why the PS3 recently was delayed in Europe until early 2007.

one million plus > over one million?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

outlawauron said:
adriane23 said:
I'm predicting a 85% sell through on day one with 3 millions systems sold.

Wha....

Sell through for all new consoles on day one is 100%, but shipments will be lucky to hit 1 million day one.

Wha 2x....there will always be leftovers somewhere in the world, even if the console is new. The rumor was that Sony planned to ship 12-16 million in 2013 (probably fiscal year), so 3-3.5 million at launch sounds possible to me.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

I cant wait for the sony press conference asia to see how it will be launched over here. Im sure Japan will get an earlier release then HK(not that it matters since  the stores here will sell the Japanese model at launch), Taiwan, Korea and the rest of Asia.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

NiKKoM said:
http://www.blu-ray.com/ifa2006/

Sony also showed their PlayStation 3 (PS3) game console, which drew a lot of attention as usual and with over one million consoles pre-sold the demand is not an issue. Unfortunately the supply is, which is why the PS3 recently was delayed in Europe until early 2007.

one million plus > over one million?

Wait, what? How does that add up?

Zero999 said:
zumnupy10 said:
colafitte said:
PS4 will beat all records without a game from Sony Santa Monica, Naughty Dog or Polyphony Studios announced for PS4 yet.

This have to be scary for the competition....

More like the fans of the competition.

I see the statemant as worthy of laughs, not fear.

MS fans don't think this way.

adriane23 said:
outlawauron said:
adriane23 said:

Wha....

Sell through for all new consoles on day one is 100%, but shipments will be lucky to hit 1 million day one.

Wha 2x....there will always be leftovers somewhere in the world, even if the console is new. The rumor was that Sony planned to ship 12-16 million in 2013 (probably fiscal year), so 3-3.5 million at launch sounds possible to me.

But there isn't. Especially with it launching in moderately large markets, whatever they're allocated will be sold that day. They'll get constant shipments, but as soon as it hits store shelves, the product will be gone. Again, this is true for every major video game console launch.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
adriane23 said:
outlawauron said:
adriane23 said:

Wha....

But there isn't. Especially with it launching in moderately large markets, whatever they're allocated will be sold that day. They'll get constant shipments, but as soon as it hits store shelves, the product will be gone. Again, this is true for every major video game console launch.

Do you have hard facts that say 100% sell-through of major consoles has happened before? i'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm saying it's not likely. There could be a number of reasons why, every console doesn't get picked up (cancelled pre-orders at the last minute, preorders not getting picked up, store clerks hoarding some for their friends until said friends get the money to pick up the console, etc.).

I am the Playstation Avenger.