By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Knack Gameplay from Gamescom - Looking promising, reminds me of GoW

Tagged games:

The environment is much much better than the bland city from the E3 demo but the combat looks boring and uninspired.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
huiii said:
LilChicken22 said:
Still looks bland. You can't call this a platformer also. This is walk and destroy. A true platformer makes jumping on objects for accelerating and getting higher spaces very important

Did they announce it as a platformer? 

I think this looks a lot more interesting than the E3 demo, in fact it kind of reminds me of GoW (just a little bit), but for a younger audience.

:O i actually felt the same way, was going in here again to comment that

The art style looks a lot better now that they've moved away from the typical city/lab settings. The transformation element seems to have some potential... Unfortunately, this looks like.... well, a launch game. A good idea that isn't as fleshed out as it needs to be. There just isn't anything very interesting going on in that video. I only watched about 5 minutes, but it seemed to be "walk five feet, take out three bad guys, walk five feet." Maybe a sequel with more time will be better.

I want to like this game but there is something is not right with it.

bananaking21 said:
huiii said:

I think this looks a lot more interesting than the E3 demo, in fact it kind of reminds me of GoW (just a little bit), but for a younger audience.

I think the God of War feeling comes from the "smash doors to get hidden pieces" parts.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
bananaking21 said:
huiii said:

I think the God of War feeling comes from the "smash doors to get hidden pieces" parts.

as well as the camera's. 

Looks MUCH better than E3.

I do feel that the controls looked a bit clumsy with the fixed camera, but gameplay looked nice and old fashioned (and surprisingly hard)

I am still not sold on this as a must have title, but I might pick it up later

I think it's kind of odd how much hate this game gets, considering that it was developed to be very kid friendly. They even built the co-op around that idea.

"Knack includes a local co-op mode that should, according to game creator and system architect Mark Cerny, help kids around 5 to 7 years old play the PS4 launch game. At Gamescom, Cerny showed us a brief demonstration of the same-screen mode, in which a second player controls a robot version of Knack who provides support for the first player.

Like Knack himself, the silver robo-Knack can combat and defeat enemies to grab their parts and grow bigger. The difference is that when Knack gets hurt and becomes smaller and weaker, robot Knack can donate his parts to the damaged Knack. Cerny noted that the two-player mode allows a parent to jump in and help his seven-year old child playing as the main Knack, and for a younger player like a five-year old to play as robot Knack without harming the overall experience." -- http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/21/knack-features-local-co-op-built-with-younger-players-in-mind/

looks much better than at E3.

... i'm not saying this title is going to blow your pants off but i know i'm going to enjoy it. kind of like how i'm among a minority that loves ratchet and clank. sometimes these easy, kiddy games just hit the spot. it's no nintendo game but i'm going to pick it up regardless.

looks slightly better than before. Still ways to go.