By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Knack Gameplay from Gamescom - Looking promising, reminds me of GoW

Tagged games:

tolu619 said:
enditall727 said:
I was waiting for an upload of the Knack demo at Gamescom

This game seems to be coming along nicely

I think the combat looks good. What else could you want from the combat? Mario, Crash Bandicoot and Ratchet & Clanks combat is very simple and straight forward like this.

Yeah, but the platforming is usually way better than this. But before I get ahead of myself, is this being marketted as a platformer? If it is, I can't imagine spending my time on this game. The combat is ok but not great, the platforming shown so far is poor and if there's also an average plot, then what is there to make it stand out and make me spend the time that I should be spending on my backlog?

Nah, it hasn't been advertised as a platformer

Its basically a blrnd between Crash Bandicoot and God OF War. 

The platforming so far looks good to me and its not like we seen everything.

It looks like Crash Bandicoot

The diffence is the Box's and Wumpa Fruit. Knack seems to also NOT have the "extra life" system implemented. Lastly, there seems to be no Crystal, Gem or relic(time run the way it is in Crash Bandicoot) so that remains to be seen or could be added in later installments if this one does well

Around the Network

that looks so much better as the e3 demo. the e3 demo was one of the least interesting stuff of the whole e3 for me but this looks really nice. gameplay still doesn't interest me enough so that i would rather buy other ps4 release games but i think it will be a fun game