By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - God doesn't prevent terrible things because?

Please choose wisely....

A. He can't 24 6.96%

B. He doesn't want to 86 24.93%

C. He causes them 22 6.38%

D. He doesn't exist. 213 61.74%

Total:345
mysticwolf said:
I think he can't.
Many bad things happen because of free will

So God is not omnipotent?

Isnt that contradictory to the term 'God'?

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
Cleary397 said:
mysticwolf said:
I think he can't.

yes it is. but he won't. thats His choice. and he knows everything so his reasons are good.

EricFabian said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Which makes no sense since you'd know that God is almighty and that you cannot lie to him.

Same thing goes to Adam and Eve, by the way.

That's what I said to my mom, so she knocked my head with her Bible

That a major problem with religion, that they are open to intepreation and from reading 'holy books' people form their own intepretations and some try to impose them on others. Disagreeing with such people (whilst not necessarily there God) is then seen a blasphemy and leads to the sort of conflicts that can be seen in many countries around the world and the multiple schisms with religions.

Reinforces my view that religion is simply tool certain groups use to manipulate people in order to control populations.

pauluzzz1981 said:
Jesus.

thats it

This Jesus sounds like a terrible person.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
pauluzzz1981 said:
Jesus.

thats it

This Jesus sounds like a terrible person.

why?

Around the Network
pauluzzz1981 said:
Cleary397 said:
mysticwolf said:
I think he can't.

yes it is. but he won't. thats His choice. and he knows everything so his reasons are good.

There is another problem with logic. In the bible it says god is all knowing, past, present and future," perfect". So if he knows everything, whats the point of the Gospel if he already knows what your going to do or what is going to happen?

Also if he is perfect, then why would he send people to hell for his mistake of  your creation, he should just fix you.  in a since if he knows everything then there is no such thing as free will. 

Also we have recongnized what makes people lack empathy. The frontal cortex controls decision making. 99% of serial killers have a underdeveloped frontal cortex or damaged it at some point in their lives. So God makes the frontal lube and can't understand when it has been damaged?

Point being the story has major flaws in logic. It says one thing, then another. It has vengence, then be nice to everyone, kill those of other gods, don't kill anyone. WTF! I read this book. What a waste of time.

Cause God is in heaven right now and he likes it there too much to care about us

Or... God is on Earth but he/she does not know that he/she is a god but the emotions in his/her life effect the rest of the world in a good/bad manner

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

mysticwolf said:
I think he can't.

Free will doesn't exist either. Everything in the universe reacts to each other and does so by set rules.

I think all four