By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - God doesn't prevent terrible things because?

Please choose wisely....

A. He can't 24 6.96%

B. He doesn't want to 86 24.93%

C. He causes them 22 6.38%

D. He doesn't exist. 213 61.74%

Total:345

None of the smart people, including Einstein, Doystoevky, Steve Jobs, Da Vinci, Newton etc...are atheist.

None of the people I actually know in freemasonry, government, high cultural/media/political position is an atheist.

Why? Because you really must be a dumb, ignorant and boring fùck to be an atheist.

WHICH do not mean that I am religious...I'm spiritual, I do believe in God, and in my own sense, he simply doesn't do, act or prevent good or evil...it just is.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network

E) Because if he didn't let these terrible things happen, even MORE terrible things would happen as a result.. (or in other words it's for a "greater cause")

This is my mom's explaination at least when I posed this problem to her. Doesn't make much sense to me, but I suppose this is a more sufficient answer than simply "he doesn't want to." Still seems to me a bit of a cop out though..

There is no God.

He can't. God doesn't interfere with anything, he simply created the universe and everything inside it. Who knows what he's doing now.

LilChicken22 said:
We all know nobody likes terrible things happening to other people.

I disagree. There are people who enjoy the suffering of others.

Around the Network
blublibla said:
None of the smart people, including Einstein, Doystoevky, Steve Jobs, Da Vinci, Newton etc...are atheist.

None of the people I actually know in freemasonry, government, high cultural/media/political position is an atheist.

Why? Because you really must be a dumb, ignorant and boring fùck to be an atheist.

WHICH do not mean that I am religious...I'm spiritual, I do believe in God, and in my own sense, he simply doesn't do, act or prevent good or evil...it just is.

There are smart atheists, just like there are smart theists. One reason why you don't know that many atheists in government, is because it's considered political suicide, and people won't vote for them. Also, stating that you don't know any? Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong were atheists I believe. Also, spirituality is a type of religious belief.

VGPolyglot said:
blublibla said:

There are smart atheists, just like there are smart theists. One reason why you don't know that many atheists in government, is because it's considered political suicide, and people won't vote for them. Also, stating that you don't know any? Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong were atheists I believe. Also, spirituality is a type of religious belief.

Spoken like forementionned ignorants.

A. I'm not 'murican, I'm French, a laic state (Church and Government have been separated for a century).

B. There are NO smart atheist. There are decent, good, even successful ones but certainly not smart, talented, interesting ones.

C. Stalin and Mao indeed were atheists. They killed hundreds of millions of people trying to impose failed fascistic states: that's what atheists do.

D. Not. False, simply. Religiosity is a type of spirituality, not the other way around, there are even atheists arguing they can be spiritual (which of course is completely semanticaly wrong)

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

RazorDragon said:

He can't. God doesn't interfere with anything, he simply created the universe and everything inside it. Who knows what he's doing now.

waiting for Xbox One to release, what DO YOU THINK?

because..... man has free will.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

A church loving lady at my job once told me that in Haiti they got hit with that earthquake because they do voodoo and also do not worship the one true god, so the true god punished them.

So I voted "He causes them".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!