By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon X and Y Score 260,000 Preorders in Japan in Two Days, Not Counting Bundles

Pre orders are...

Un F***ing Believable! 69 38.12%

Wooooow 33 18.23%

O.o 11 6.08%

Sexy 48 26.52%

Monstrous 18 9.94%

Total:179

Anyone else think this game is going to eclipse monster hunter?

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Anyone else think this game is going to eclipse monster hunter?

japan only? i think mh4 will do well, i kno pokemon xy>>>mh4 but i think mh4 might ride off of pokemon! its been doing it on pre orders on COMG for ex!

zorg1000 said:

Look at ur second paragraph "if X is everything Y is but more and BETTER, then X is overall superior to Y". 

Thats what were arguing, u have no idea its better yet saying its better. Do u not see how that makes no sense?

As for ur first paragraph, reread ur previous post, in a nutshell u said that the core gameplay of Pokemon X/Y will stay the same as previous titles so its easy to say it will be better. 

Also saying ur blinded by hype wasnt meant as a personnal attack, saying a game is gauranteed to be better than the previous without playing it is by all means being too hyped for a game.

Maybe you have no idea, but anyone who's been following the game knows it is indeed superior overall. X/Y obviously has better graphics, and so to is the online better as you'll now get a loss if you disconnect from a match and you can trade for any Pokemon regardless of having seen it already or not. X/Y is also loaded with new stuff like the Fairy type, Horde & Sky battles, Pokemon-Amie, Special Training, Mega-Evolutions, and of course new Pokemon, items, n such. This is all just stuff off the top of my head to boot.

Uh yeah, cause then that means any slight improvement will automatically make it overall superior. If X/Y were exactly like B/W, only with better graphics, then X/Y would still be the better game. It's like having a hand holding a $5 bill and then adding a penny to it. That hand is now better than before, albeit not by much, but this is just example.

Ok fine, I'm too hyped for this game. That doesn't help your argument or hurt mine whatsoever!

No, nobody knows its superior, im hyped for the game as well and I think those extra features look awesome but we dont know if they will indeed play awesome. Like I said before adding new things doesnt instantly equel better, If those new things arent executed well then It actually makes the game worse.

I will use an equally shitty analogy. I like soda because its sugary, if I add a bunch more sugar does it instantly become better? Fuck no, now its too sweet and I have diabetes. Nobody wants diabetes.

Aww, sounds like you're getting pretty mad. I thought you were better than that, but I guess I can be wrong sometimes afterall.

You're analogy fails because as I've said a batrillion times, whether or not you like something has no bearing on whether or not that something is good or bad. Yet again, you can love a bad game, just like another person can hate a good game and vice versa. Tis so simple. As Iwata would say, "Please understand!"

And sorry but I have to laugh at your "No nobody knows it's superior" comment. If you've seen me post at all then you should know how I ridicule "X because I say so!" logic. Now your next sentence is just as silly as I already went over this. Again, YOU might be living under a rock, but if you stuck your head out for a moment, you'd see all that X/Y brings to the table. Though I really find it hard to believe you haven't seen the game already, which only makes all this more sad as it's so obvious the game will be better yet you try to deny it. May aswell be saying the Sky is green lol.

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:

Look at ur second paragraph "if X is everything Y is but more and BETTER, then X is overall superior to Y". 

Thats what were arguing, u have no idea its better yet saying its better. Do u not see how that makes no sense?

As for ur first paragraph, reread ur previous post, in a nutshell u said that the core gameplay of Pokemon X/Y will stay the same as previous titles so its easy to say it will be better. 

Also saying ur blinded by hype wasnt meant as a personnal attack, saying a game is gauranteed to be better than the previous without playing it is by all means being too hyped for a game.

Maybe you have no idea, but anyone who's been following the game knows it is indeed superior overall. X/Y obviously has better graphics, and so to is the online better as you'll now get a loss if you disconnect from a match and you can trade for any Pokemon regardless of having seen it already or not. X/Y is also loaded with new stuff like the Fairy type, Horde & Sky battles, Pokemon-Amie, Special Training, Mega-Evolutions, and of course new Pokemon, items, n such. This is all just stuff off the top of my head to boot.

Uh yeah, cause then that means any slight improvement will automatically make it overall superior. If X/Y were exactly like B/W, only with better graphics, then X/Y would still be the better game. It's like having a hand holding a $5 bill and then adding a penny to it. That hand is now better than before, albeit not by much, but this is just example.

Ok fine, I'm too hyped for this game. That doesn't help your argument or hurt mine whatsoever!

No, nobody knows its superior, im hyped for the game as well and I think those extra features look awesome but we dont know if they will indeed play awesome. Like I said before adding new things doesnt instantly equel better, If those new things arent executed well then It actually makes the game worse.

I will use an equally shitty analogy. I like soda because its sugary, if I add a bunch more sugar does it instantly become better? Fuck no, now its too sweet and I have diabetes. Nobody wants diabetes.

Aww, sounds like you're getting pretty mad. I thought you were better than that, but I guess I can be wrong sometimes afterall.

You're analogy fails because as I've said a batrillion times, whether or not you like something has no bearing on whether or not that something is good or bad. Yet again, you can love a bad game, just like another person can hate a good game and vice versa. Tis so simple. As Iwata would say, "Please understand!"

And sorry but I have to laugh at your "No nobody knows it's superior" comment. If you've seen me post at all then you should know how I ridicule "X because I say so!" logic. Now your next sentence is just as silly as I already went over this. Again, YOU might be living under a rock, but if you stuck your head out for a moment, you'd see all that X/Y brings to the table. Though I really find it hard to believe you haven't seen the game already, which only makes all this more sad as it's so obvious the game will be better yet you try to deny it. May aswell be saying the Sky is green lol.

Wasnt mad at all, I was trying to lighten up the convo with that diabetes joke, guess Iit failed

But like ive said a gajillion times as well, I think this game will be amqzing and im loving all the new features. I just think its unrealistic to deem a game better when u havent played it yet. Im not denying it will be great, I havent been this excited for pokrmon since Gold/Silver when I was 8.

If u would have said something like, "with all the new features and transition to 3D, this game has potential to be better than previous games" then I would have 100% agreed with u. But u are claiming its undeniably better, which u dont know that since u have yet to play it.

There are so many games that before release had awesome concepts and looked like great games but when they released those concepts werent executed properly and made the game extremely lack luster also a ton of games unsuccessfully made the transition from 2D to 3D, its not likely it will happen to Pokemon but its possible.

All im saying is wait to play the game before claiming its the best in the series.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If anyone want the new pokemon on release better preorder, a game like pokemon on a global release will be more scarce at release than the wii

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

*too much text*

So what, you're just disregarding everything we've heard and seen so far just because you haven't played it for yourself? That's mighty silly dude. The game isn't gonna magically change when you play it. The graphics, online, features, new junk, etc. will be the same as described. Only difference is you'll be experiencing them first hand rather than just seeing or hearing about it.

MANUELF said:
If anyone want the new pokemon on release better preorder, a game like pokemon on a global release will be more scarce at release than the wii

If worst comes to worst, I'll either wait until they restock or download the game. If I do the latter then I'll have to make sure all future Pokemon games are obtained physically.

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:

*too much text*

So what, you're just disregarding everything we've heard and seen so far just because you haven't played it for yourself? That's mighty silly dude. The game isn't gonna magically change when you play it. The graphics, online, features, new junk, etc. will be the same as described. Only difference is you'll be experiencing them first hand rather than just seeing or hearing about it.

Yes im not just going to take Nintendos word for it that this game is awesome, of course they are going to say that amd im not going to just assume this game is the best game ever because of a few cool looking trailers. can u honestly say u have never played a game that looked great but once u actually played it u were disapointed?

Basically what ur saying is when u see an epic trailer for a movie, u just assume its going to be a good movie because the preview was so cool. Or when a singer says in an interview that this is his best work yet, he must be telling the truth because who would know better than him.

How do u know the controls wont be janky with the transition to 3D? Or that the story and characters will be horrible? What if the new horde battles are extremely annoying? Maybe 90% of the new pokemon have terrible designs and are based off dumb shit like a book or cheeseburger. Maybe the mega evolutions are way too powerful and makes the game to unbalanced. Maybe there are a bunch of glitches or game ending bugs.

There are countless things that could prevent this game from being the best, although I doubt any of the things I listed will come true, the point is until u have actually played it u and I and everyone else has no idea if this game will be the best or not.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:

*too much text*

Yes im not just going to take Nintendos word for it that this game is awesome, of course they are going to say that amd im not going to just assume this game is the best game ever because of a few cool looking trailers. can u honestly say u have never played a game that looked great but once u actually played it u were disapointed?

Basically what ur saying is when u see an epic trailer for a movie, u just assume its going to be a good movie because the preview was so cool. Or when a singer says in an interview that this is his best work yet, he must be telling the truth because who would know better than him.

How do u know the controls wont be janky with the transition to 3D? Or that the story and characters will be horrible? What if the new horde battles are extremely annoying? Maybe 90% of the new pokemon have terrible designs and are based off dumb shit like a book or cheeseburger. Maybe the mega evolutions are way too powerful and makes the game to unbalanced. Maybe there are a bunch of glitches or game ending bugs.

There are countless things that could prevent this game from being the best, although I doubt any of the things I listed will come true, the point is until u have actually played it u and I and everyone else has no idea if this game will be the best or not.

First two paragraphs are bogus filler as you well know I've already explained why the game is better, which clearly has nothing to do with Nintendo saying so or it just looking cool.

Second paragraph is a bunch of silly what ifs, some of which I already went over. Controls are mostly just selecting stuff and movement is grid based, a.k.a. there's really no way to screw that up. Story, characters, gameplay, etc., have basically the same structure with each game. We already know what Horde battles and are and how they work. Whether or not a Pokemon is sucky/awesome is pure opinion appearance wise. Anything too powerful will be banned from competitive play as per usual, and Mega Evos have restrictions and downsides (1 per party, requires held item). Any glitches n bugs can be patched.

So really there are not countless things, infact there are 0 as of right now. Even if there are some in the end, I doubt they'll outweigh X/Y's pros enough to put it below Black/White or any other Pokemon game.

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:

*too much text*

First two paragraphs are bogus filler as you well know I've already explained why the game is better, which clearly has nothing to do with Nintendo saying so or it just looking cool.

Second paragraph is a bunch of silly what ifs, some of which I already went over. Controls are mostly just selecting stuff and movement is grid based, a.k.a. there's really no way to screw that up. Story, characters, gameplay, etc., have basically the same structure with each game. We already know what Horde battles and are and how they work. Whether or not a Pokemon is sucky/awesome is pure opinion appearance wise. Anything too powerful will be banned from competitive play as per usual, and Mega Evos have restrictions and downsides (1 per party, requires held item). Any glitches n bugs can be patched.

So really there are not countless things, infact there are 0 as of right now. Even if there are some in the end, I doubt they'll outweigh X/Y's pros enough to put it below Black/White or any other Pokemon game.

Whether u agree with me or not ,it is physically impossible to know it will be better, its as simple as that. What ur doing is the exact same thing as the people claiming Mario 3D World is the worst Mario game without trying it. 

My first 2 paragraphs were answering ur question and a direct response the what u said, also my examples fit directly into this scenario so nonr of that was filler. Also yes those were a bunch of what ifs and what is wrong with that? Ur assuming this game is the best, IF those things listed happened would u still call it the best? I highly doubt any of them will happen but u have to admit it is possible even tho very unlikely.

Look at ur last paragraph, u doubt any potentail negatives will outweigh the positives. That is admitting u do not know this game will be better, u think it will but u do not personally know and nobody does except for the very few people who have been able to actually play it.