By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon X and Y Score 260,000 Preorders in Japan in Two Days, Not Counting Bundles

Pre orders are...

Un F***ing Believable! 69 38.12%

Wooooow 33 18.23%

O.o 11 6.08%

Sexy 48 26.52%

Monstrous 18 9.94%

Total:179
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

Yes ur right, if u dont want to do any of the optional features or side quests then u dont have to but if the developers put too much time into those things which ends up hindering the main quest then the game becomes worse despite having more content.

Also theres more to it than just "dont use that pokemon". If they add 100 new pokemon and the majority of them have horrible designs based off of lame inanimate objects, there is no way around it, that makes the game worse. Also just because u dont personally use those pokemon in battle doesnt mean u wont encouter them repeatedly in the wild or from other trainers.

That's true, but in the case of Pokemon that has never been an issue for any game in the series, likely because of the core structure being so simple.

Whether or not a Pokemon sucks appearance wise is personal opinion, not fact. X person could like Y Pokemon while Z person hate's it, so you can't use that when determining whether or not the game is the best. Also, you should like encountering the Pokemon you don't like as it means you can give em the smackdown!

All im saying is adding new features/characters doesnt automatically make a game better, which is what u told Boutros. X/Y certainly have potential to be better than previous installments but potential doesnt mean shit if its not executed properly. There is no way someone can say a game is better than another game if one of them isnt even out yet.

Well there must be a way since that's exactly what I'm saying lol! We all know the core gameplay of Pokemon, and we all know that it's not ever gonna change, well atleast not with X/Y. If you've played any previous Pokemom game, then by default you know how X/Y will play. So yes it's very easy to say it whether or not it will be the best in the series without actually playing it yet. Same thing with MK8 and how I'm saying it will be the best in it's series aswell.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

Yes ur right, if u dont want to do any of the optional features or side quests then u dont have to but if the developers put too much time into those things which ends up hindering the main quest then the game becomes worse despite having more content.

Also theres more to it than just "dont use that pokemon". If they add 100 new pokemon and the majority of them have horrible designs based off of lame inanimate objects, there is no way around it, that makes the game worse. Also just because u dont personally use those pokemon in battle doesnt mean u wont encouter them repeatedly in the wild or from other trainers.

That's true, but in the case of Pokemon that has never been an issue for any game in the series, likely because of the core structure being so simple.

Whether or not a Pokemon sucks appearance wise is personal opinion, not fact. X person could like Y Pokemon while Z person hate's it, so you can't use that when determining whether or not the game is the best. Also, you should like encountering the Pokemon you don't like as it means you can give em the smackdown!

All im saying is adding new features/characters doesnt automatically make a game better, which is what u told Boutros. X/Y certainly have potential to be better than previous installments but potential doesnt mean shit if its not executed properly. There is no way someone can say a game is better than another game if one of them isnt even out yet.

Well there must be a way since that's exactly what I'm saying lol! We all know the core gameplay of Pokemon, and we all know that it's not ever gonna change, well atleast not with X/Y. If you've played any previous Pokemom game, then by default you know how X/Y will play. So yes it's very easy to say it whether or not it will be the best in the series without actually playing it yet. Same thing with MK8 and how I'm saying it will be the best in it's series aswell.

Ok ill rephrase, nobody can know a game will be better when it hasnt been released yet. Ur being blinded by hype, how does keeping the same gameplay make it better? Wouldnt that just technically make it equal?

I like u as a poster for the most part but ur pulling a hiken here

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

Ok ill rephrase, nobody can know a game will be better when it hasnt been released yet. Ur being blinded by hype, how does keeping the same gameplay make it better? Wouldnt that just technically make it equal?

I don't recall ever saying the same gameplay = better game so idk where you got that from. Same with the blinded by hype thing. Just seems like cheezy filler cause you got nothing better to say.

Now what I have been saying is this. If X is everything Y is but more and better, then X is overall superior to Y. Tis so simple! Really now, how many more times must I say this!

And atleast Hicken stands his ground without bringing in personal junk that doesn't belong. In that sense I'd rather be a Hicken than most everyone else on this site.

What if Nintendo released a Pokemon MMO for the Wii U, and released a $30 expansion pack every year with a whole new region? The expansion pack could either be downloaded or bought by disc. Basically what COD or the Sims does, only better and making much more sense. This would be a spin-off title for the Wii U, not a main series title for the 3DS. There could be a 3DS app called the "Pokebelt App" where you could upload up to 6 of your Pokemon onto the App, and trade/battle on the go. Kind of like Pokemon Stadium. The app would also have Pokemon iteration ala Pokemon Amie/Nintendogs.

A Pokemon Action MMORPG Spin-off with the same annual release power as COD, only without a new game every year. Advertise it much like Grand Theft Auto online in the amount of extra Pokemon stuff you'll be able to do like Super Contests, the Pokethlon, Pokemon Musicals, Pokéstar Studios, the Game Corner (or just a Pokéarcade if parents are still anal about that), mountable Pokemon, mounted Pokemon battles.

If Pokemon XY is selling this well, imagine how well a sister series like this for the Wii U would sell!

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

I don't recall ever saying the same gameplay = better game so idk where you got that from. Same with the blinded by hype thing. Just seems like cheezy filler cause you got nothing better to say.

Now what I have been saying is this. If X is everything Y is but more and better, then X is overall superior to Y. Tis so simple! Really now, how many more times must I say this!

And atleast Hicken stands his ground without bringing in personal junk that doesn't belong. In that sense I'd rather be a Hicken than most everyone else on this site.

Look at ur second paragraph "if X is everything Y is but more and BETTER, then X is overall superior to Y". 

Thats what were arguing, u have no idea its better yet saying its better. Do u not see how that makes no sense?

As for ur first paragraph, reread ur previous post, in a nutshell u said that the core gameplay of Pokemon X/Y will stay the same as previous titles so its easy to say it will be better. 

Also saying ur blinded by hype wasnt meant as a personnal attack, saying a game is gauranteed to be better than the previous without playing it is by all means being too hyped for a game.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

Look at ur second paragraph "if X is everything Y is but more and BETTER, then X is overall superior to Y". 

Thats what were arguing, u have no idea its better yet saying its better. Do u not see how that makes no sense?

As for ur first paragraph, reread ur previous post, in a nutshell u said that the core gameplay of Pokemon X/Y will stay the same as previous titles so its easy to say it will be better. 

Also saying ur blinded by hype wasnt meant as a personnal attack, saying a game is gauranteed to be better than the previous without playing it is by all means being too hyped for a game.

Maybe you have no idea, but anyone who's been following the game knows it is indeed superior overall. X/Y obviously has better graphics, and so to is the online better as you'll now get a loss if you disconnect from a match and you can trade for any Pokemon regardless of having seen it already or not. X/Y is also loaded with new stuff like the Fairy type, Horde & Sky battles, Pokemon-Amie, Special Training, Mega-Evolutions, and of course new Pokemon, items, n such. This is all just stuff off the top of my head to boot.

Uh yeah, cause then that means any slight improvement will automatically make it overall superior. If X/Y were exactly like B/W, only with better graphics, then X/Y would still be the better game. It's like having a hand holding a $5 bill and then adding a penny to it. That hand is now better than before, albeit not by much, but this is just example.

Ok fine, I'm too hyped for this game. That doesn't help your argument or hurt mine whatsoever!

Maybe you have no idea, but anyone who's been following the game knows it is indeed superior overall. X/Y obviously has better graphics, and so to is the online better as you'll now get a loss if you disconnect from a match and you can trade for any Pokemon regardless of having seen it already or not. X/Y is also loaded with new stuff like the Fairy type, Horde & Sky battles, Pokemon-Amie, Special Training, Mega-Evolutions, and of course new Pokemon, items, n such. This is all just stuff off the top of my head to boot.

Uh yeah, cause then that means any slight improvement will automatically make it overall superior. If X/Y were exactly like B/W, only with better graphics, then X/Y would still be the better game. It's like having a hand holding a $5 bill and then adding a penny to it. That hand is now better than before, albeit not by much, but this is just example.

Ok fine, I'm too hyped for this game. That doesn't help your argument or hurt mine whatsoever!

No, nobody knows its superior, im hyped for the game as well and I think those extra features look awesome but we dont know if they will indeed play awesome. Like I said before adding new things doesnt instantly equel better, If those new things arent executed well then It actually makes the game worse.

I will use an equally shitty analogy. I like soda because its sugary, if I add a bunch more sugar does it instantly become better? Fuck no, now its too sweet and I have diabetes. Nobody wants diabetes.

spemanig said:
What if Nintendo released a Pokemon MMO for the Wii U, and released a $30 expansion pack every year with a whole new region? The expansion pack could either be downloaded or bought by disc. Basically what COD or the Sims does, only better and making much more sense. This would be a spin-off title for the Wii U, not a main series title for the 3DS. There could be a 3DS app called the "Pokebelt App" where you could upload up to 6 of your Pokemon onto the App, and trade/battle on the go. Kind of like Pokemon Stadium. The app would also have Pokemon iteration ala Pokemon Amie/Nintendogs.

A Pokemon Action MMORPG Spin-off with the same annual release power as COD, only without a new game every year. Advertise it much like Grand Theft Auto online in the amount of extra Pokemon stuff you'll be able to do like Super Contests, the Pokethlon, Pokemon Musicals, Pokéstar Studios, the Game Corner (or just a Pokéarcade if parents are still anal about that), mountable Pokemon, mounted Pokemon battles.

If Pokemon XY is selling this well, imagine how well a sister series like this for the Wii U would sell!

wow, that be pretty smart, i could see that if only Ruby/Sapphire remakes wouldn't be coming. I think gamefreak would rather have a remake that could sell 8mil+ than a wii u version (but only for $$$ reasons). How about an older gen in a future time zone, so it could be new and innovated! Collect gym badges, etc. Maybe for the first two regions (kanto/johto) but have all pokemon to date be included!!!! Day1 for me

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:

wow, that be pretty smart, i could see that if only Ruby/Sapphire remakes wouldn't be coming. I think gamefreak would rather have a remake that could sell 8mil+ than a wii u version (but only for $$$ reasons). How about an older gen in a future time zone, so it could be new and innovated! Collect gym badges, etc. Maybe for the first two regions (kanto/johto) but have all pokemon to date be included!!!! Day1 for me

I want a remake of Red/Blue for Wii U, that would be amazing

Absolutely epic!!