By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon X and Y Score 260,000 Preorders in Japan in Two Days, Not Counting Bundles

Pre orders are...

Un F***ing Believable! 69 38.12%

Wooooow 33 18.23%

O.o 11 6.08%

Sexy 48 26.52%

Monstrous 18 9.94%

Total:179
Boutros said:
Yeah I didn't mean full change just maybe bring more action in the combat system. I love turn-based but up to a point.

Look at Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It's not the traditional gameplay of other Paper Mario games. It tried something else and something new and I liked that.

did you try pokemon conquest? maybe that suits you more?

Around the Network
Boutros said:
tbone51 said:
Boutros said:

Let's bookmark this thread and come back in a few years!

By the way, where's your prediction thread tbone? I couldn't find it.

surprisingly i predicted in the first week thread and im not even in the top half, anyway i have to make a lifetime thread soon, maybe in a week or two so we can see if x/y declines or notthe franchise. I'll post my answer wen the thread comes but for right now, i see a minumum of 17.5mil and a maximum of 21mil, but to be fair and give 1 answer I'll go with 19.5mil :)... You? 15mil or is it less? just dont be like ********* as he predicted less than 6.5mil, im not even lying. he thinks bw2 is a mainline game.

one last thing, your other post said you get back into the game. Wat do you mean? if it changes gameplay it wont be pokemon anymore :0,

I meant the thread you made a while ago will all sorts of predictions. There was one about Pikmin 3 reaching 1 million by year end.

oh those lol, it was predictions for years end, i made alot of those i can send you a link if you want. I made one for xy as well!

tbone51 said:
Boutros said:
Yeah I didn't mean full change just maybe bring more action in the combat system. I love turn-based but up to a point.

Look at Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It's not the traditional gameplay of other Paper Mario games. It tried something else and something new and I liked that.

Nah I don't like SRPGs :P

Boutros said:
tbone51 said:
Boutros said:

Nah I don't like SRPGs :P

your a lost gamer :0

Boutros said:

Yeah I didn't mean full change just maybe bring more action in the combat system. I love turn-based but sometimes change is good.

You have to understand that your personal take on a game does not dictate how good or bad it is. You can like bad games just like how you can hate good ones.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

Yeah I didn't mean full change just maybe bring more action in the combat system. I love turn-based but sometimes change is good.

You have to understand that your personal take on a game does not dictate how good or bad it is. You can like bad games just like how you can hate good ones.

That's actually exactly what you did when you said "Because they're the far superior games, and as we all know, quality is what sells!".

It's only your personal take that they're far superior games.

We're all just sharing our opinions here.

Boutros said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

That's actually exactly what you did when you said "Because they're the far superior games, and as we all know, quality is what sells!".

If X has everything Y does but more and better, then X is overall better than Y. A $10 bill is greater than a $5 bill. Are you denying all this?

hey notice top 10 for japan sales... where will x/y show up? also nintendo will own top 10 once again lol

1 Pokémon Red / Green / Blue Version GB 10.22
2 Pokémon Gold / Silver Version GB 7.20
3 Super Mario Bros. NES 1985 6.81
4 New Super Mario Bros. DS 6.49
5 Pokémon Diamond / Pearl Version DS 6.04
6 Pokémon Black / White Version DS 5.64
7 Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire Version GBA 5.38
8 Animal Crossing: Wild World DS 5.33
9 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day DS 5.32
10 Monster Hunter Freedom 3 PSP 4.87

Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

If X has everything Y does but more and better, then X is overall better than Y. A $10 bill is greater than a $5 bill. Are you denying all this?

I'm not denying that 10$ is more than 5$ lol but I if I have played X before playing Y and Y is only slightly better than X than it most likely won't be enough for me to think Y is better than X.

Just look at Pokémon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. All of those games are everything their sister titles were but with added content and none of them are better than their sister game. Are you denying that?

Nem said:

I just want to recall this post from the other pokemon thread (the lifetime sale prediction).

forethought14 said:
Best in the franchise? It doesn't have the vibe for that. As for selling 20 million....well....how much will 3DS sell?

It doesnt have the vibe, he said.

I think the facts speak for themselves. Amusing how the username is foretought though.

Excuse me, but perhaps you are misunderstanding my words (probably on purpose). Because the term "vibe" used there was referring to being the "best in the franchise", what do pre-orders have to do with being the "best" in the franchise? Amount of pre-orders =/= vibe for being "best". Don't make claims without fully using your reading comprehension skills.