By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon X and Y Score 260,000 Preorders in Japan in Two Days, Not Counting Bundles

Pre orders are...

Un F***ing Believable! 69 38.12%

Wooooow 33 18.23%

O.o 11 6.08%

Sexy 48 26.52%

Monstrous 18 9.94%

Total:179
Boutros said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

Yeah I didn't mean full change just maybe bring more action in the combat system. I love turn-based but sometimes change is good.

Look at Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It's not the traditional gameplay of other Paper Mario games. It tried something else and something new and I liked that.

You have to understand that your personal take on a game does not dictate how good or bad it is. You can like bad games just like how you can hate good ones.

That's actually exactly what you did when you said "Because they're the far superior games, and as we all know, quality is what sells!".

It's only your personal take that they're far superior games.

We're all just sharing our opinions here.

If X has everything Y does but more and better, then X is overall better than Y. A $10 bill is greater than a $5 bill. Are you denying all this?

I'm not denying that 10$ is more than 5$ lol but I if I have played X before playing Y and Y is only slightly better than X than it most likely won't be enough for me to think Y is better than X.

Just look at Pokémon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. All of those games are everything their sister titles were but with added content and none of them are better than their sister game. Are you denying that?

No need to get all cute, but no I'm not denying that as it isn't true in the first place seeing as you even explained yourself why Yellow/Crystal/etc. are better. Again, this isn't a race! Being first =/= being better. There is simply no sense in that other than for nostalgia which can apply to anything. It's all about doing more and doing old things better. Why can't you understand this! D:

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

Yeah I didn't mean full change just maybe bring more action in the combat system. I love turn-based but sometimes change is good.

Look at Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It's not the traditional gameplay of other Paper Mario games. It tried something else and something new and I liked that.

You have to understand that your personal take on a game does not dictate how good or bad it is. You can like bad games just like how you can hate good ones.

That's actually exactly what you did when you said "Because they're the far superior games, and as we all know, quality is what sells!".

It's only your personal take that they're far superior games.

We're all just sharing our opinions here.

If X has everything Y does but more and better, then X is overall better than Y. A $10 bill is greater than a $5 bill. Are you denying all this?

I'm not denying that 10$ is more than 5$ lol but I if I have played X before playing Y and Y is only slightly better than X than it most likely won't be enough for me to think Y is better than X.

Just look at Pokémon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. All of those games are everything their sister titles were but with added content and none of them are better than their sister game. Are you denying that?

No need to get all cute, but no I'm not denying that as it isn't true in the first place seeing as you even explained yourself why Yellow/Crystal/etc. are better. Again, this isn't a race! Being first =/= being better. There is simply no sense in that other than for nostalgia which can apply to anything. It's all about doing more and doing old things better. Why can't you understand this! D:

I'm not alone. Now I don't like to refer to scores but they do tell a story.

GB Pokemon Blue Version
Game Freak/Nintendo, 1998
88.33%
15 Reviews
GB Pokemon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition
Game Freak/Nintendo, 1999
85.12%
16 Reviews

GBC Pokemon Silver Version
Game Freak/Nintendo, 2000
91.35%
23 Reviews
GBC Pokemon Crystal Version
Game Freak/Nintendo, 2001
79.86%
12 Reviews

GBA Pokemon Ruby Version
Game Freak/Nintendo, 2003
84.18%
49 Reviews
GBA Pokemon Emerald Version
Game Freak/Nintendo, 2005
76.65%
29 Reviews

DS Pokemon Diamond Version
Game Freak/Nintendo, 2007
85.07%
54 Reviews
DS Pokemon Platinum Version
Game Freak/Nintendo, 2009
83.33%
36 Reviews

Explanation please.

I'm not convinced. We'll just have to wait and see.

Lawlight said:
I'm not convinced. We'll just have to wait and see.

well looky here, BW had around 1.2mil pre orders before launch, XY has 260k in just 2 days + not counting bundles which was at least sold out on amazon(all 4 of them)

Boutros said:
*Post Is Too Long!

They're just opinions, no better than yours or mine. As I said, you can like a bad game or hate a good game and vice versa for whatever reasons since it's your personal opinion. However, when it comes to determining whether something is better/worst or the best overall or not, w/e, it's all about the facts, and right now the facts say X/Y will be better than any other Pokemon game as it will have everything any given Pokemon game has but more and better. Man I feel like a broken record lol.

Here's another way to look at it. You can say you like R/B/G the best because they were your first Pokemon games, and likewise I can say I like D/P the best because they were my first in the series. Those reasonings could potentially be used for any game in the series. However, what can't be said about every game are cold hard facts. X/Y will have the best graphics, the best online, new ways to battle, new ways to interact and train your pokemon, has all the previous pokemon plus many new ones, has a new type and new evolution method, and so ons. All that can't be said about any Pokemon game, only X/Y, which is why it's the best.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:
*Post Is Too Long!

They're just opinions, no better than yours or mine. As I said, you can like a bad game or hate a good game and vice versa for whatever reasons since it's your personal opinion. However, when it comes to determining whether something is better/worst or the best overall or not, w/e, it's all about the facts, and right now the facts say X/Y will be better than any other Pokemon game as it will have everything any given Pokemon game has but more and better. Man I feel like a broken record lol.

Here's another way to look at it. You can say you like R/B/G the best because they were your first Pokemon games, and likewise I can say I like D/P the best because they were my first in the series. Those reasonings could potentially be used for any game in the series. However, what can't be said about every game are cold hard facts. X/Y will have the best graphics, the best online, new ways to battle, new ways to interact and train your pokemon, has all the previous pokemon plus many new ones, has a new type and new evolution method, and so ons. All that can't be said about any Pokemon game, only X/Y, which is why it's the best.

I agree that X/Y looks the best since Gen 2 but the things u listed as why there better could also be reasons why its worse. Just because it has more Pokemon doesnt mean shit if they have horrible designs or are just lame in general, if we get a bunch of Pokrmom that are swords, ice cream cones, lamps, etc then that is actually a big downfall. Also adding in new features doesnt mean better either, im sure uve played games that simply have too much going on and take away from the core experience.

I think it will be great but there is no proof that a game is better than another before it releases.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:
*Post Is Too Long!

I agree that X/Y looks the best since Gen 2 but the things u listed as why there better could also be reasons why its worse. Just because it has more Pokemon doesnt mean shit if they have horrible designs or are just lame in general, if we get a bunch of Pokrmom that are swords, ice cream cones, lamps, etc then that is actually a big downfall. Also adding in new features doesnt mean better either, im sure uve played games that simply have too much going on and take away from the core experience.

I think it will be great but there is no proof that a game is better than another before it releases.

But not when all that stuff is optional. If you don't like any given pokemon or feature, just don't use it. I don't like Legendarys so I don't use them, and I'm not interested in Beauty contest and other non-battling features so I don't use those either. I'm not penalized in anyway for it so it's all good. Plus there of course will be people who do like these features/pokemon, so having them can only be a good thing.

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:
*Post Is Too Long!

But not when all that stuff is optional. If you don't like any given pokemon or feature, just don't use it. I don't like Legendarys so I don't use them, and I'm not interested in Beauty contest and other non-battling features so I don't use those either. I'm not penalized in anyway for it so it's all good. Plus there of course will be people who do like these features/pokemon, so having them can only be a good thing.

Yes ur right, if u dont want to do any of the optional features or side quests then u dont have to but if the developers put too much time into those things which ends up hindering the main quest then the game becomes worse despite having more content.

Also theres more to it than just "dont use that pokemon". If they add 100 new pokemon and the majority of them have horrible designs based off of lame inanimate objects, there is no way around it, that makes the game worse. Also just because u dont personally use those pokemon in battle doesnt mean u wont encouter them repeatedly in the wild or from other trainers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

Yes ur right, if u dont want to do any of the optional features or side quests then u dont have to but if the developers put too much time into those things which ends up hindering the main quest then the game becomes worse despite having more content.

Also theres more to it than just "dont use that pokemon". If they add 100 new pokemon and the majority of them have horrible designs based off of lame inanimate objects, there is no way around it, that makes the game worse. Also just because u dont personally use those pokemon in battle doesnt mean u wont encouter them repeatedly in the wild or from other trainers.

That's true, but in the case of Pokemon that has never been an issue for any game in the series, likely because of the core structure being so simple.

Whether or not a Pokemon sucks appearance wise is personal opinion, not fact. X person could like Y Pokemon while Z person hate's it, so you can't use that when determining whether or not the game is the best. Also, you should like encountering the Pokemon you don't like as it means you can give em the smackdown!

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Boutros said:

That's true, but in the case of Pokemon that has never been an issue for any game in the series, likely because of the core structure being so simple.

Whether or not a Pokemon sucks appearance wise is personal opinion, not fact. X person could like Y Pokemon while Z person hate's it, so you can't use that when determining whether or not the game is the best. Also, you should like encountering the Pokemon you don't like as it means you can give em the smackdown!

All im saying is adding new features/characters doesnt automatically make a game better, which is what u told Boutros. X/Y certainly have potential to be better than previous installments but potential doesnt mean shit if its not executed properly. There is no way someone can say a game is better than another game if one of them isnt even out yet.