By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Humble Bundle - EA Edition (EA DOES CHARITY WHAT!?) - (Also Special Weekly Deal)

Tagged games:

crissindahouse said:
Mythmaker1 said:
265,000 sold and counting. That's $1.2 million donated in less than 3 hours.

...wow.

next ea financial results will be like:

"our upcoming games like mirror's edge 2 whose precedessor sold 10m units..."

lol

I suspect this is more about getting people to sign up for origin than anything else. Still, even a cynical business venture can yield positive results.

And if that was their intention, it failed in my case. I bought the bundle and am only playing the Steam versions.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
Damn, with all these steam sales and humble bundles, along with my console backlog, I won't need to get into next gen for at least 5 more years!

yeah, my pc backlog and the fact that i can also play many next gen games on pc is also the reason why i think about not buying a ps4 or xb1 at launch. forza is the only must have for me since i'm a big fan of those games but all other games are games i could also play a year or two later (like dead rising 3 or killzone) and i don't think that it is necessary to buy a console for only one "must have" game for me.

indie games will also all come to pc. well, at least anytime, it seems like buying timed exclusive releases for indie games is a big thing next gen...

Mythmaker1 said:

I suspect this is more about getting people to sign up for origin than anything else. Still, even a cynical business venture can yield positive results.

And if that was their intention, it failed in my case. I bought the bundle and am only playing the Steam versions.

yeah that is probably the main reason. was only a joke but would be still funny if they would use the numbers of this humble bundle to let their sales look much better.

Why is Mass Effect tagged? It's not a part of the bundle (at least not for me). I wish it was though lol

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

i beat most of them but is it worth the money for sims and crysis 2?

Around the Network

$5 for Battlefield 3 with Sims 3 thrown in as a bonus, and it all goes to charity? I see no reason not to.

...he says as the Origin product activation dialog box takes like an hour to load. I really hate this software, but I can deal with it for a game that cheap.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
$5 for Battlefield 3 with Sims 3 thrown in as a bonus, and it all goes to charity? I see no reason not to.

...he says as the Origin product activation dialog box takes like an hour to load. I really hate this software, but I can deal with it for a game that cheap.

Origin is having some traffic problems, and they are working on it. I'd try again in a couple hours. For now, I'm dowmloading the some of the Steam games.

BasilZero said:
Gonna download Burnout Paradise! Always wanted to play a racer on PC! (Although I have Sonic Racing games and Midnight club 2 l0l).

There is no controller support, which means the controls will be frustrating at times.

looks like the code redemption is currently disabled for origin ...

also i think if there is a censored version then you will get that instead of the uncut version sadly.
e.g. dead space > german, french language when I tried to redeem it earlier on origin. (might be wrong)
but the steam version seems uncut as always.

had played most of the games anyways, but got it for the sims 3 :D

mysticwolf said:
Kantor said:

Origin is having some traffic problems, and they are working on it. I'd try again in a couple hours. For now, I'm dowmloading the some of the Steam games.

I've redeemed all of the Steam games, but only downloaded Crysis 2. The others would just be a waste of hard drive space (and a lot of hard drive space too: Dead Space alone is 13GB). I owned Mirror's Edge before and I have Burnout on PS3.

The only ones I wanted were the Origin games

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective