By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS has 'exciting' news at Gamescom

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Touche, but which company set a better example for the other?

Nintendo. They don't charge for online, not at all.

Yes, but everyone including Xbox fans knew the profit MS was making from Xbox Live was getting to Sony. They were losing too much money. Obviously Sony broke down and followed. Sony and Nintendo both said they wouldnt force that on gamers, but this is the first generation where Nintendo isnt yet making a profit just yet. Every gen before they had. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Touche, but which company set a better example for the other?

Nintendo. They don't charge for online, not at all.

Yes, but everyone including Xbox fans knew the profit MS was making from Xbox Live was getting to Sony. They were losing too much money. Obviously Sony broke down and followed. Sony and Nintendo both said they wouldnt force that on gamers, but this is the first generation where Nintendo isnt yet making a profit just yet. Every gen before they had. 

Let's wait us a few years to see if Nintendo's situation changes. At least they do profit with the 3DS.

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Let's wait us a few years to see if Nintendo's situation changes. At least they do profit with the 3DS.

It wont happen anytime soon. Nintendo is in their own world and they will profit off of the Wii U. They stay safe on hardware and development so they dont have to go to extreme measures on profit. Its smart. Sometimes you need a risk taker though to appreciate things. I will be getting my Wii U but the only games i'll be playing multiplayer on it are Mario Kart and SSB. As for PSN+ I paid for it before because it was worth the price for all the games I get and discount that I can barely control the amount of games I have anymore and thankfully now MS is doing it for Xbox gamers with 'Games For Gold'. 

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony says no DRM and thus no always online= Microsoft is forced to drop DRM and leave EA hanging. This in turn saved them from segmenting their userbase by millions.

Sony puts in a headset= Microsoft takes back saying no about a headset.

Sony PSN Plus becomes a success= Microsoft responds with "Games For Gold" 

Sony's console turns out to be more powerful than  the Xbox= Microsoft fixes their clock speed and is probably working is working on the cloud to enhance the performance of the Xbone.

Sony says theres no blockage of preowned games= MS stops the preowned block to stop Gamestop from capping their consoles.

Sony says the PSEye doesnt need to be forced on the consumer they should be able to choose= Microsoft turns on the lie that the Xbox cannot work without the Kinect.

Soon to come...

Sony announces the PS4 is $399= The Xbone non-kinect edition comes out at $399.

Sonys Gaikai is a hit for allowing gamers to play their last generation games digitally at great speed= Microsoft follows suit.

I could go on.

Microsoft makes you pay for playing online = Sony follows suit.

It goes both ways xD

Nsanity said:
Wright said:

Microsoft makes you pay for playing online = Sony follows suit.

It goes both ways xD

Did you read my response? Heh...heh.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MCPOxxxAAG said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
nightsurge said:
Lol at the trolls. The Xbox One is not a copy of the PS4.

Look at all the overturns, its basically the PS4 at this point. The price is all that is left as much as you want to deny it.

How is it the same as ps4?

Sony says no DRM and thus no always online= Microsoft is forced to drop DRM and leave EA hanging. This in turn saved them from segmenting their userbase by millions.

Sony's console turns out to be more powerful than  the Xbox= Microsoft fixes their clock speed and is probably working is working on the cloud to enhance the performance of the Xbone.

Sony says theres no blockage of preowned games= MS stops the preowned block to stop Gamestop from capping their consoles.

Sony says the PSEye doesnt need to be forced on the consumer they should be able to choose= Microsoft turns on the lie that the Xbox cannot work without the Kinect.

Soon to come...

Sonys Gaikai is a hit for allowing gamers to play their last generation games digitally at great speed= Microsoft follows suit.

I could go on.

Having used games and no mandatory internet connection is whar 360 has now, so thats irrelevant. Upping the clock speed is something ms has done before with the 360, no wonder they did it now. Games for gold has nothing to do with xbox one. The headset being included, which btw is an actual headset and not some cheap earbuds, doesnt make it thievery of the whole system. There is a difference between optional purchase and optional usage. 

For your upcoming changes, i can see that you have zero awareness, ms wont announce a kinectless xbox, they said it themselves.

Please quit saying stupid shit, thanks

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Did you read the response to your response? HEH-HEH

Here's an image of Iñigo Montoya to break the chain!

MCPOxxxAAG said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MCPOxxxAAG said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
nightsurge said:
Lol at the trolls. The Xbox One is not a copy of the PS4.

Look at all the overturns, its basically the PS4 at this point. The price is all that is left as much as you want to deny it.

How is it the same as ps4?

Soon to come...

I could go on.

Having used games and no mandatory internet connection is whar 360 has now, so thats irrelevant. Upping the clock speed is something ms has done before with the 360, no wonder they did it now. Games for gold has nothing to do with xbox one. The headset being included, which btw is an actual headset and not some cheap earbuds, doesnt make it thievery of the whole system. There is a difference between optional purchase and optional usage. 

For your upcoming changes, i can see that you have zero awareness, ms wont announce a kinectless xbox, they said it themselves.

Please quit saying stupid shit, thanks

This is not an argument, especially looking at the timeline of how things have occured. If Sony had not opposed Microsofts movements MS would've stuck to their guns on the Xbone no matter what. I literally just showed you every change based on what Sony had done. 

I believe MS said it best when they were questioned about people who live in rural areas not being able to sustain ownership of an Xbone, they said that they can get a 360. :)

Looking at VGC. Kinect adventures still sell some 20k units per week. I think people here once again underestimate the power Kinect has over nongamers. Just a few days ago, a friend of mine tried it for the first time and is already thinking of bying a 360 just for training games.

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Did you read the response to your response? HEH-HEH

Here's an image of Iñigo Montoya to break the chain!

Aha! But did you read my response to your response of my response!?