By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS has 'exciting' news at Gamescom

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Well Kinect is already doing that and everyone else could do that too if they just enabled headsets to do more. If that makes a game superior Sony could've been doing that since the PS2 era. It doesn't really change the game very much, but what Nintendo is doing with that game pad seems to be a real game changer in how we game.

How did Sony play it safe? They gave people the choice. They never force things on people, thats the job of Microsoft. Wasn't putting Blu Ray in the PS3 enough risk to bleed out oa corporation for one generation? Thanks to them I can enjoy my movies on Blu Ray in 3D with my friends and family as well. Of course MS had to try to kill off Blu Ray and they did HD-DVD no favors.

MS and Sony will both reveal newer titles at Gamescom. Nintendo of course will be hiding with their tail tucked between their legs in Japan and sending us a complimentary Nintendo Direct.

I think Nintendo is weathering the storm.  What else can they do in 2013.  Very hard to compete with two new console releases in terms of hype, regardless of how powerful the hardware is.

But yeah, back on topic.  Exciting NEWS sounds like a price cut.  Or a new game title coming back that has been MIA for a while. 

EDIT.  Read the article better, and he mentioned the X1 becoming more accessible to everyone, etc.  I vote price cut or some Kinect centric games.