By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS has 'exciting' news at Gamescom

Nsanity said:
All this talk about Sony standing for gamers, but no mention of them charging for multiplayer.

At this point who cares. Youre still gettin your discounts and monthly games. This just helps keep the service moving forward. Besides, they kept thier word, it was and still is free for ps3. 

Around the Network
nightsurge said:

You mean the guy that kept reinforcing that this was a NEXT GEN, Xbox One vs PS4 discussion when you would start comparing current gen nonsense?

Hes talking about the current gen, to try and prove how "superior" microsofts Xbox Live accounts are. Personally, I don't care. I don't sleep at night wondering "ohhhh Sony....why can't you allow me to play my account at my friends house and still be connected to PSN+". I leave that to him. You can join him if you like....i'm done with that conversation. Night, night. :)

the-pi-guy said:
nightsurge said:
Lol at the trolls. The Xbox One is not a copy of the PS4.

Do you disagree with the point that the Xbox One is being influenced by the success of the PS4 or has been influenced?

Actually I disagree with this point.  I believe a lot of moves were made because of negative feedback from gamers and new management.  I also believe a lot of moves are made because the old ones were dumb.  I believe when MS decided to reboot the X1 every decision was put on the table and the question was asked Why.  Last but not least, I believe a lot of moves are being done because MS believe there will be more challengers in the space real soon and they better tighten up their ship or find themselves swiming with the fishes.  Only PS fanboys think everything MS has done is a reaction to the PS4.

PS. Even with all the changes MS has made, the X1 feature wise still does not look close to the PS4.

A few games

DeadBigfoot21 said:
A few games

Thank you for responding to the topic. Hopefully the games are really good. Im still wondering about the Black Tusk game. They shouldn't keep that game visually locked up from us for much longer. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
the-pi-guy said:
nightsurge said:

Do you disagree with the point that the Xbox One is being influenced by the success of the PS4 or has been influenced?

Actually I disagree with this point.  I believe a lot of moves were made because of negative feedback from gamers and new management.  I also believe a lot of moves are made because the old ones were dumb.  I believe when MS decided to reboot the X1 every decision was put on the table and the question was asked Why.  Last but not least, I believe a lot of moves are being done because MS believe there will be more challengers in the space real soon and they better tighten up their ship or find themselves swiming with the fishes.  Only PS fanboys think everything MS has done is a reaction to the PS4.

It was because of ps4 they made these changes. They we're/are getting stomped in preorders. They had to do something to change that. So they reverse their god awful policies. Why would they do that? Because of preorders and nothing else. If you think they actually listen to anything anyone was screaming about your fooling yourself. It was money and nothing more. They see Sony getting a bigger piece of the pie so they decide to follow in Sony’s path. Simple.

the-pi-guy said:
MCPOxxxAAG said:
the-pi-guy said:
endimion said:
the-pi-guy said:
nightsurge said:

what success?? the few Ks more they have in pre order??? what influence??? the big nothing beside hardware???

if someone got influenced really it's Sony, by putting more and better ram than plan because they got wind of MS plans... and a big nothing new because they saw what happened to MS... last time I checked their DRM policy is still wide open for 3rd parties... Sony played it safe when they saw what MS did... MS just answered to customer feedback like they said they would do from the begining... they haven't done much like Sony... but who am I kidding... argueing here is worthless lately... the best I can get is a ban anyway....

Why did they overturn all of these policies then?

If nothing changed their mind, then why?

gamestop 

My understanding was that you could play used games, but only through select retailers.  Gamestop would be the first name on that list.  So realistically they would've benefitted from this.  

Otherwise, why would gamestop change their mind.  

Who said Gamestop changed their mind.  There was no agreement yet and it was evident that MS was trying to get something done and next thing you know bam, they dropped everything.  I am not sure if Gamestop walked away from the table but something happen between the peroid when MS was talking about their plan.

Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:

It was because of ps4 they made these changes. They we're/are getting stomped in preorders. They had to do something to change that. So they reverse their god awful policies. Why would they do that? Because of preorders and nothing else. If you think they actually listen to anything anyone was screaming about your fooling yourself. It was money and nothing more. They see Sony getting a bigger piece of the pie so they decide to follow in Sony’s path. Simple.

Dont worry...Sony did nothing. Their actions created zero stoppages in Microsofts eagerly awaited plan to turn back into the 360. When Microsoft said to Gamestop, "where putting a paywall up", Gamestop replied"WHAT? Ok we're capping your preorders" and Microsoft calls back saying " Wait...it was just a joke!" They just couldn't wait to do it because they knew somehow they were wrong. Let it go, its not worth it. If it makes them happy then so be it. Even Cliff Bleszinski who is a 360 fanboy knows the truth.

That and Games for Gold was just Microsofts charitable nature for all the years profit above the need to run Xbox Live. :)

:)

This thread

Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
the-pi-guy said:
nightsurge said:

Like someone already stated.  Once MS dropped the online requirement and went back to how the 360 worked, basically a lot of other things needed to change from that point.  Was it Sony that made them change, I am not sure and I am not even sure about preorders as well.  Just going online only ment that MS was already going into presales handicapped.  Only launching in a limited amount of countries also would have effected Presales.  I know gamers put a lot on preorders but preorders does not make a generation.

I know MS listened if they were not able to make the deals needed to make the online only successful.  As for money being the motive, well do you think any moves any of these companies make is not ruled by money.