By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS has 'exciting' news at Gamescom

landguy1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
landguy1 said:

Sourcing an article about a guy who used to be a developer who "thinks" that is what happened?  Your kidding right?

What i am saying is that because their presells were sucking, M$ re-adopted what worked for them this generation - the 360 business model.  Obviously Sony thought it was good, they adopted it directly to the PS4.  Nothing innovative from Sony or M$ now.  All this really accomplished, is the shorter lifespan of this console generation.  Like Cliffy B said, you will be forced to go digital if you want the whole game anyway.  All of this "i don't play connected" stuff will be a thing of the past if you want to get the full game on the PS4/XBone.  When Sony states that they will not require DRM for any of their games, they are lying.  You will have to buy all DLC online.  You will not be able to trade online content.  So, therefore it is DRM.  How long is it going to take the "Sony is looking out for me the gamer" crowd to get this in their heads.  Sony doesn't care about you, your friends, your rights, your freedoms.  Just like all companies, it is about the $$$.  Not just the $$$, but how they can suck as much out of you as possible.  If Sony shipped you copies of their "free" games for PS+ instead of giving you a no cost to them DIGITAL copy that you "don't really own because it is digital" then I would believe that they care about you the gamer.

It doesnt matter what they think about me as the gamer. If Sony had not opposed DRM EA's dropping of online passes would not have been in vain Now they cannot take it back. Microsoft definitely put in DRM on the Xbox to please EA. They thought that it would pressure Sony, but it didn't. EA backed away once they saw the people were behind Sony. Since then every time Sony makes a right move MS has been dropping old policies to align themselves. 

Again...if Microsoft wanted their Xbox resemble the 360 they would've done it from the start. 

You keep saying that if they wanted a 360 they would have done it from the start...  They didn't want that, they were trying to evolve the console platform.  When it didn't get accepted, they went back to what worked for them, the 360 business plan.  It doesn't matter if EA wanted it or if Sony didn't.  Either way they tried it and the consumers said NO.  So they went back to their 360 plan.

LOL.....Wow you're trying so hard to rationalize this aren't you?

You'll see...and keep in mind, they will drop the price of the XBone to be closer to PS4 in price if the PS4 outsells them or possibly precautionary to make sure they dont before the launch. The same Kinect they said could not be let go will be let go eventually for a standardize product. Care to make a wager? 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
landguy1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It doesnt matter what they think about me as the gamer. If Sony had not opposed DRM EA's dropping of online passes would not have been in vain Now they cannot take it back. Microsoft definitely put in DRM on the Xbox to please EA. They thought that it would pressure Sony, but it didn't. EA backed away once they saw the people were behind Sony. Since then every time Sony makes a right move MS has been dropping old policies to align themselves. 

Again...if Microsoft wanted their Xbox resemble the 360 they would've done it from the start. 

You keep saying that if they wanted a 360 they would have done it from the start...  They didn't want that, they were trying to evolve the console platform.  When it didn't get accepted, they went back to what worked for them, the 360 business plan.  It doesn't matter if EA wanted it or if Sony didn't.  Either way they tried it and the consumers said NO.  So they went back to their 360 plan.

Both of you please watch your quote trees! They are entirely excessive.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course PS+ is tied to the user account, its a secondary upgrade, not the primary online. Xbox Live Gold is the only true way to experience online if you have an Xbox, so you might as well have those perks if you go to a friends house. On the PS3 the online multiplayer (omitting free to play) is still free until next gen so we'll worry about that later shall we?

But I thought you were so focused on talking about the PS4 and Xbox One? Why are you now trying to talk about last gen?

Shifting goal posts never stop... :)

nightsurge said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course PS+ is tied to the user account, its a secondary upgrade, not the primary online. Xbox Live Gold is the only true way to experience online if you have an Xbox, so you might as well have those perks if you go to a friends house. On the PS3 the online multiplayer (omitting free to play) is still free until next gen so we'll worry about that later shall we?

But I thought you were so focused on talking about the PS4 and Xbox One? Why are you now trying to talk about last gen?

Why don't you attack the other guy for bringing up the current gen? I was humoring him. Im not shifting any goal post, you see what you want to see.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
landguy1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Rationailze what?  For you, everything M$ does is somehow related to matching Sony.  Yet, if i said that they did it to anwer the consumer, you would say no.  Then why is Sony doing anything that it is doing if not for the consumer.  M$ went from 25 Million Xboxes to 78+ Million 360's by listening to their consumers and providing something that they wanted.  They thought(mistakenly) that the XBone was going to do the same thing in its original incarnation.  The consumers told them NO, so they went back to their 360 plan that obviously worked for them.  What makes me LOL is that you and most of the other people with similar comments want to give Sony so much credit for doing nothing.  I atleast give M$ credit for trying something different, and hope that they keep trying.  That will be the only way that we will see any innovation.  The only innovation coming from Sony is coming from their 1st party studios, not Sony themselves.

This ridiculous quote tree has been shortened.

yo_john117

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
landguy1 said:

Rationailze what?  For you, everything M$ does is somehow related to matching Sony.  Yet, if i said that they did it to anwer the consumer, you would say no.  Then why is Sony doing anything that it is doing if not for the consumer.  M$ went from 25 Million Xboxes to 78+ Million 360's by listening to their consumers and providing something that they wanted.  They thought(mistakenly) that the XBone was going to do the same thing in its original incarnation.  The consumers told them NO, so they went back to their 360 plan that obviously worked for them.  What makes me LOL is that you and most of the other people with similar comments want to give Sony so much credit for doing nothing.  I atleast give M$ credit for trying something different, and hope that they keep trying.  That will be the only way that we will see any innovation.  The only innovation coming from Sony is coming from their 1st party studios, not Sony themselves.

I will continue this on your page. We're making too many quote trees.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Use the timeline and think. Seriously, if the 360 was what MS was copying, they wouldn't have told gamers who lived out in rural areas and dont have a good enough internet connection to buy a 360 when the backlash was initiated

Cliffy B as much as hes been bitching as of late said its not because of the whiners "whiners" but rather Sony why MS dropped DRM.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Cliffy-B-Says-Xbox-One-DRM-Reversal-Was-Because-Sony-Whiners-56882.html

We can all deny it for so long but the fact remains that Sony even if they didnt have to do much still stood up for gamers, which is why MS changed their anti-consumer policies which would've benefited the likes of EA and Cliff Bleszinski (whom is already a millionaire).

Sony didn't do a damn thing to "stand up for gamers". Quite frankly they don't care anything about you or any gamer at all any further than their pocket books. If they make you happy, you make them profitable. That is all there is to it. Same goes for all companies.

And if you really don't think the PS4 has DRM built in and that Sony had several plans in the works, you are delusional. All the patents and evidence showed that Sony was just as equally considering a route like MS. Probably executed  in a different way, but still there. They saw the negative press and decided to make a bold business decision. They played the opposite card of MS in hopes to gain marketshare and profit of MS's folly. It worked with them for a while, but now that MS has changed it's policies, that "advantage" to them is gone. Now they will have to live with the decisions they made.  A fractured and useless camera add-on (PS4 Eye), losses on hardware due to the "more powerful" hardware they went with, no way to help support developers with used games (both big and small, not just EA that you keep spouting), basically nothing new or innovative other than a social focus in their UI and a streaming service they bought but still to this day have done nothing with and still haven't announced any firm plans for other than to use it for re-buying your old games to stream in a fake sense of backwards compatibility.

Adinnieken said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Doesn't need to. PSN Plus is solely about games. Everything else can be done for free off of Plus.

So, with a PS+ account, anyone in the house can play COD multiplayer online on the PS4 without the PS+ account being logged into the PS4?  Like they can with the Xbox One and Xbox LIVE Gold?

Again.  With Xbox One and Xbox LIVE Gold, anyone can access all of Xbox LIVEs features without the Xbox LIVE Gold account holder being logged.  Including Online Multiplayer. 

Have you ever used a ps3 before? Yes, you can. The plus sub is good for the whole system and any one's account that is on that system. You should be allowed 2 ps4, 2 ps3 and 2 vita's at any giving time, If you go over to your friends house and already of two open, close one and open his and youre good to go. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
nightsurge said:

Why don't you attack the other guy for bringing up the current gen? I was humoring him. Im not shifting any goal post, you see what you want to see.

You mean the guy that kept reinforcing that this was a NEXT GEN, Xbox One vs PS4 discussion when you would start comparing current gen nonsense?

All this talk about Sony standing for gamers, but no mention of them charging for multiplayer.