By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you were the new ceo of Square-Enix, what would you do?

Tagged games:

Favorite Square Enix franchise?

Final Fantasy 68 48.23%

Dragon Quest 10 7.09%

Kingdom Hearts 19 13.48%

Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross 18 12.77%

The World Ends with You 4 2.84%

Just Cause 1 0.71%

Tomb Raider 7 4.96%

Hitman 1 0.71%

Sleeping Dogs 3 2.13%

None of the above 8 5.67%

Total:139

bang the secretary, then blame her when if it all comes crashing down.
Thanks I will be here all day.

Around the Network

Remake final fantasy 7 from the ground up and give it massive marketing.
IMO it would become the best selling final fantasy game ever by far and in the making of doing it, it will ignite new ideas and put them back on track for new final fantasy games while gaining peoples respect again.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
IMO it would become the best selling final fantasy game ever by far and in the making of doing it, it will ignite new ideas and put them back on track for new final fantasy games while gaining peoples respect again.

People have been asking for that for a while now, I wonder why they haven't announced anything yet though, I wonder what kind of plans do they have.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

1. Cuts in development budgets, especially to the CGI team(s). CGI is becoming less important for game development in general as everything is moved in-engine/real-time.

2. Create a developer cloud network where all developers have to globally share their resources (engines, dev tools, middle-ware, artwork etc.) across the entire company. Crystal Dynamics created an engine that might be useful for a new title in the East? Use it. Lead artist at Eidos Montreal likes the work of an artist in Japan? Have him create some artwork for you or use what he's already done. Reward popular artists/developers with the appropriate bonus.

3. Linked to 2, look at what the developers use the most and start work on a collaborative engine tech that's scalable for different genres and systems.

4. Re-make FFV & VI for 3DS, Android and iOS. Add some 3D graphics, the same storyline and add a couple of extra optional quests/bosses.

5. Get rid of all DRM on mobile games. Find other ways to invest players instead.

6. Let Eidos continue to create their current titles. They're working.

7. Do whatever it takes to reduce costs on FFXIV (including canning the whole project if necessary). Introduce a F2P system to complement the subscription system. Involve players and iterate using their feedback. Keep them playing and paying; make them feel like they're involved in the game's development.

8. Stop releasing numbered Final Fantasy titles as MMOs. Branch them off to form their own Final Fantasy based IP.

9. Start iterative game testing earlier in the development of Eastern titles with both Eastern and Western players (as was done for Deus Ex: Human revolution).

10. Create experimental JRPG IPs. Firstly, small, low cost, downloadable titles to test riskier game mechanics, stories and themes. Have forums and online communities for fans to directly discuss what works and what doesn't. Use that player feedback, find what works and put it into a large AAA JRPG title (either new IP or a Final Fantasy title).

11. Create an RPG that allows players to build levels, quests and stories. Give them a forum to post them online (basically, a moddable RPG).

That's what I'd get them to do.

Make someone else CEO.

Around the Network

The first thing I would do is remake FF VII. Then I would remake FFVI. Then I would stop trying to westernize final fantasy. Then I would organize a hostile takeover of Monolith Soft, force them to remake Xenogears, and freakin complete it this time. Finally I would force them to finish the space opera that the Xenogears saga had originally planned to be. I would be able to rest well knowing jrpg justice had finally been done. I am Alpha and Omega

brute said:
StokedUp said:

People have been asking for that for a while now, I wonder why they haven't announced anything yet though, I wonder what kind of plans do they have.

They always bring it up every year or so and then debunk anything by saying it will cost too much. But no matter what the cost it would pay off massively for them. It would sell soooooo many copies from original players to new ones who want to see what its all about. and like i say i think it will put them back on track of how to make really good Final Fantasy games.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
brute said:
StokedUp said:

They always bring it up every year or so and then debunk anything by saying it will cost too much. But no matter what the cost it would pay off massively for them. It would sell soooooo many copies from original players to new ones who want to see what its all about. and like i say i think it will put them back on track of how to make really good Final Fantasy games.

They are probably trying to build hype for it by teasing it so much, although I don't think it needs anymore hype than it already has.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

MDMAlliance said:
ryuzaki57 said:

- I immediately phone Tri-Ace and tell them to start the development of Star Ocean 5 and Valkyrie Profile 3 on PS4

- I'll have a team work on Final Fantasy Type-0 International for Vita

- I'll prepare a Lightning cameo in FFXV

Wouldn't it be better to make it an international PSN title?  I mean, PSP PSN games exist, right?

I want to let players get trophies!!

I would make The World Ends With You 2, make FF7 HD and double the size of the team making KH 3, then I would step down.