By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you were the new ceo of Square-Enix, what would you do?

Tagged games:

Favorite Square Enix franchise?

Final Fantasy 68 48.23%

Dragon Quest 10 7.09%

Kingdom Hearts 19 13.48%

Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross 18 12.77%

The World Ends with You 4 2.84%

Just Cause 1 0.71%

Tomb Raider 7 4.96%

Hitman 1 0.71%

Sleeping Dogs 3 2.13%

None of the above 8 5.67%

Total:139

I would ask the people to be excited.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:

I don't see the logic in half of the retarded things post in this topic, most of you guys simply made AAA games exclusive to your favorite platform just because.

The blind fanboyism on this site is starting to disgust me. 

Welcome to the Internet.

OdinHades said:
I would ask the people to be excited.

lol

Cut down those CGI budgets

kingdom hearts 3 for wii u

Around the Network
ShinmenTakezo said:
MrUnagi said:
ShinmenTakezo said:
The first thing I would do is remake FF VII. Then I would remake FFVI. Then I would stop trying to westernize final fantasy. Then I would organize a hostile takeover of Monolith Soft, force them to remake Xenogears, and freakin complete it this time. Finally I would force them to finish the space opera that the Xenogears saga had originally planned to be. I would be able to rest well knowing jrpg justice had finally been done. I am Alpha and Omega

Nintendo owns Monolith Soft.

Hence the organizing of the hostile takeover!

NO WAY! MONOLITH STAYS WITH NINTENDO!

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

ill make movie based game... like...

devil wears prada
lincoln
million dollar baby
doubt
pulp fiction
shawshank redemption

I would streamline everything and stick to what works, do it, and do it well. I would take cue's from Activision, as horrible as that sounds:

Final Fantasy: Create two teams to make games, each with a 3-4 year development schedule. 3 FF games should be done each gen. I would scale back of graphical and CGI goals, and focus on classic gameplay, style and setting. Worlds would vary in style between FF4,6, 7 and 10. Some classic fantasy elements but occasional modern tech. The two teams would make different styles, with one very focused on "classic" final fantasy. I would try my best to get sakaguchi and uematsu involved in some way on at least one of the teams. Budgets would be tightly enforced with resources spent on substance over flash. If Xenoblade can be made with a fraction of the cost of a modern FF, a FF can be made in the same way. It just takes talent, and I would seek out talent if need be.

Dragon Quest: Like FF I would possibly have two team, or maybe just one that would release on years that FF did not release. No more online stuff.

Tomb Raider: Laura would get her big boobs back. Screw realism. Tomb Raider should be total male fantasy, with Indiana Jones action mixed with outrageously big boobs. Lots of jiggle.

I would use existing online expertise and resources to develop a new online fantasy game. It would be a total new ip having nothing to do with FF and DQ, which would be totally offline. This new universe would focus on mobile and PC, and possibly next-gen systems. A total new theme for a new generation of gamers.

The main console games would be multiplat, and that would include Nintendo. I'm pushing low cost over high graphics here.

animegaming said:
1. make chrono trigger 2

2. cancel lighting returns to focus on getting final fantasy 15 out by the end of 2014

3. cancel the xbox one version of kingdom hearts 3 to focus on a Wii U port instead

4. no sequels plan for final fantasy 15

5. final fantasy 16 will be more like the first 9 games

6. make the next hitman game more like a sequel to blood money in turns of gameplay

7. remake final fantasy 6 for the 3DS and final fantasy 7 for the PS4

8. if i make a final fantasy MMO it won't be a number sequel

9.no longer have CGI cutscenes in any game to save money

10. drop support for smart phones and tablets and give more support to 3DS and vita

Definite yes for 1,3,4,5,7,and 10. Awesome sig by the way.

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

I'd tell the company to stop faffing about.

No FF sequals, FF on a 2 year cycle, 3 teams working on one at a time.
Bring back franchises that have seemingly been forgotten (Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, SaGa etc).
If they are going to make 'remakes/HD updates', no more than 1 development team working on them.
Western Departments are fine except they just need to save costs, try and roll out a universal engine games are built on.

Hmm, pie.